• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
I only switch if we're losing the objective or we're being destroyed by a specific troublesome hero. If we're doing well, I don't give a shit what heroes you play.

Pretty much what you should be doing. "But I have gold medals" argument doesn't work when you have troublesome heroes terrorizing the rest of your team when you could have switched from Junkrat to McCree to take out a Pharah.

As a DPS you should be switching pretty often, especially if you are Junkrat who is niche at what he can accomplish and his ult charges pretty fast (and is useless on PC).

Blues1990

I'm sitting on 4.5k comp points and I just don't really have any interest in the gold weapons. Really hoping Blizzard unveils something new and shiny to buy with it soon.

Aside from the Gold Weapons, what kind of cosmetic guns they will add in the future? Obviously, there is a lot of space in that menu, so it's safe to assume more shit will be added in due time.

Azoor

Aside from the Gold Weapons, what kind of cosmetic guns they will add in the future? Obviously, there is a lot of space in that menu, so it's safe to assume more shit will be added in due time.

I'd like them to add silly things like having confetti coming out when I kill someone.

Blues1990

I'd like them to add silly things like having confetti coming out when I kill someone.
I would love to have super soaker-style variants of the weapons. Reinhardt with an inflatable hammer or Junkrat having an inner tube & water balloons (in place of his regular RIP-tire & grenades) would be pretty sweet

Skyzard

Banned
Junkrat is fine. People shat on Bastion until pros starting using him well in Comp. Don't blame the hero, blame the player.

Yep. I main Zarya and then my second is Junkrat (though tracer is my favourite to play). And my aiming with junkrat is solid. People tend not to be able to aim with him properly so they think he sucks with everyone controlling him.

I'll hold choke points like I'm a one man team and always expect them to change their heroes to counter me and I'll play differently accordingly. A riptire a minute. Always gold damage AND eliminations. And if the rest of the team can't finish off some 1/3hp heroes that remain, it's hardly junkrats fault. He's kept them at bay for most of the game. Suddenly I get rushed, I go down, and the team gets stomped.

As a Zarya, it's WAY easier to get full charge from Rein's predictable e firestrike than junkrat spamming. One single rein e will give me 100 energy. Stand behind our rein, shield him and me, and it's done. People should stop playing rein then? lol.

antitrop

All this Junkrat hate is depressing :(

He's definitely not the best hero in the game but in capable hands hes great.

Honestly his biggest problem is that 90% of the user base doesn't know how to use him correctly.
I'd rather have 3 Junkrats on my team than 1 Symmetra.

Fuck Symmetra.

Fuck Symmetra forever.

All they had to do was just put her in the Defense category from the start.

As much as I love other heroes, man there is just something about when you're on your game as Zenyatta and have a good team. Just orbs flying everywhere, healing/discording on the fly. I feel like my situational awareness as Zen is always amped to 200%. Experience some tranquility, motherfuckers!

KiraFA37

As much as I love other heroes, man there is just something about when you're on your game as Zenyatta and have a good team. Just orbs flying everywhere, healing/discording on the fly. I feel like my situational awareness as Zen is always amped to 200%. Experience some tranquility, motherfuckers!

Ahh yes when you have a good team Zenyatta is amazing. In a comp game on Nepal I wrecked a McCree by head shotting him 4 times in a row, pretty sure he was salty.

Yep. I main Zarya and then my second is Junkrat (though tracer is my favourite to play). And my aiming with junkrat is solid. People tend not to be able to aim with him properly so they think he sucks with everyone controlling him.

I'll hold choke points like I'm a one man team and always expect them to change their heroes to counter me and I'll play differently accordingly. A riptire a minute. Always gold damage AND eliminations. And if the rest of the team can't finish off some 1/3hp heroes that remain, it's hardly junkrats fault. He's kept them at bay for most of the game. Suddenly I get rushed, I go down, and the team gets stomped.

As a Zarya, it's WAY easier to get full charge from Rein's predictable e firestrike than junkrat spamming. One single rein e will give me 100 energy. Stand behind our rein, shield him and me, and it's done. People should stop playing rein then? lol.

That's all you should be doing as a Junkrat player. Any other situation warrants you getting off of him. Assuming you're playing against better than average opponents.

Can we just agree that a bad junkrat can be more useful than the bad hanzo who doesn't switch?

Bad Junkrat: Out in open area's, spamming nades in a general direction (with no fucks given if there is a Zarya or not), saves tires for no reason and plays too far back.

Good Junkrat: Hold's near the chokepoint utilizing his entire skill set (traps/mines), locks down a flanking route, constant tires, fucks up enemy Reinhardt's shield and uses mine for killing blows (instead of relying on unreliable nades).

All I know is that a good Junkrat obliterates Reinhardt's shield, you can call it trash damage but bringing down 2000 HP in seconds is incredibly valuable. I can't count the times that a Junkrat has saved me from a shoulder charge heavy Rein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wKkvJr1Jo

komaruR

Seems like he is doing his job well. One of the dps that is doing a shittier job should be the one changing.
I agree with with you on the gold dps and dmg but do you think you can entrust your teammate that cant get gold elm to go hunt a widow and survive? :p
In the end, imo who ever calls out "someone need to counter x" is usually the person that need to switch because if he/she don't then they just gonna get kill by x all day long without doing much in game, right? + don't trust anyone but yourself to get the job done.
Does anyone else hate Hanzo, not for his playstyle but his abilities (Scatter and Sonic)?

Scatter is one of, if not THE most bullshit skill in the game.
And Sonic can also cause fuckery with the way it's still active after it falls from a wall (Mei's wall for example)

I've seen so many stupid kills with both these skills that I'm not even mad about the whole hitbox thing. I enjoy playing him and getting sick headshot streaks and wiping the enemy team, but I sort of wish he could get revamped, or at least, fix sonic arrow and change scatter.
I use hanzo alot and I'm thankful of scatter arrow that I can get rid of pesky tracers blinking in and out trying to harass you lol and also genji. It's the one ability makes him have better grounds in up close combat. Though I get countered alot if a dva or winston jump on me.

Paltheos

Delete Junkrat? Please. Only one character should be deleted (no matter how many annoy me) and that's Symmetra. Finding a teleporter should not be critical to winning a map in a shooter - It's a total crapshoot and doesn't belong considering how good the reward is. Some people say the current indicators give away its position too easily? I argue they're not enough. Nothing short of a beam of light shooting up into the sky from the TP shouting "Here I am!" would be enough to satisfy me.

I agree with with you on the gold dps and dmg but do you think you can entrust your teammate that cant get gold elm to go hunt a widow and survive? :p
In the end, imo who ever calls out "someone need to counter x" is usually the person that need to switch because if he/she don't then they just gonna get kill by x all day long without doing much in game, right? + don't trust anyone but yourself to get the job done.

I use hanzo alot and I'm thankful of scatter arrow that I can get rid of pesky tracers blinking in and out trying to harass you lol and also genji. It's the one ability makes him have better grounds in up close combat. Though I get countered alot if a dva or winston jump on me.

I just hate the randomness of it being:

A) you only hit one arrow from the bunch

Or

B) All arrows hit and you instantly kill anything lower than 450 health.

And this is trying to aim at the ground below the enemy.

caesar

Banned
What gets me about symmetra is even when you win they are like 'see I told you symm works'... yeah but imagine if we had another healer.

Ahh yes when you have a good team Zenyatta is amazing. In a comp game on Nepal I wrecked a McCree by head shotting him 4 times in a row, pretty sure he was salty.

The game I just played I headshot a Tracer who was trying to sneak around, and headshot a payload bouncing Lucio a few times. Feels good to nail those.

What gets me about symmetra is even when you win they are like 'see I told you symm works'... yeah but imagine if we had another healer.

When I first started playing Symmetra was my main and I cleaned up as her - but this was in the first few weeks when people were still learning and I could get 30+ kills with my turrets because nobody knew how to deal with or avoid them.

Now I'm lucky if I get 1 win out of 10 games with her. :(

Kysen

Wow people tilt at the smallest things. Enemy team ran mercy on attack and one of their dps switches to torb then starts flaming in match chat the whole game. Why throw the game over that?

Ramirez

Delete Junkrat? Please. Only one character should be deleted (no matter how many annoy me) and that's Symmetra. Finding a teleporter should not be critical to winning a map in a shooter - It's a total crapshoot and doesn't belong considering how good the reward is. Some people say the current indicators give away its position too easily? I argue they're not enough. Nothing short of a beam of light shooting up into the sky from the TP shouting "Here I am!" would be enough to satisfy me.

A teleporter hasn't won a game or been a factor in so long in any game I've played...

As a rein player I can say I despise fighting enemy junkrats. They are invaluable for destroying that shield like no other. Quite the bane of a Reinharts existence.

komaruR

I just hate the randomness of it being:

A) you only hit one arrow from the bunch

Or

B) All arrows hit and you instantly kill anything lower than 450 health.

And this is trying to aim at the ground below the enemy.

well, I play an aggressive hanzo. so i'm all up in their face and trying to scatter arrow. that why its an ability that I wouldn't want it to go away.
there's too many bad hanzo that just like to hang back and don't go for obj when its needed. and if I approach a bad hanzo, they'll just tap primary fire all day without charging it and hope for shots to land lol. i've yet run into more than 1 handful of good hanzo that actually use scatter arrow to fend for themself lol. most of the time they just waste it from a far range, shooting into some enclose space to hope for a kill.

Honestly I strongly feel the most worthless character in the game is Torb. People complain about hanzo and widow but they can kill very well if they're skilled. Sym has her uses as does bastion.

But torb....... Completely weak in all regards IMO. I've never played with a torb that I felt pulled their weight. They're just kinda there.

RedHill

Banned
As someone who mains Junkrat, I'm confused by this reception. I find him to be a very very capable hero and I usually end up with play of the game. A multiple trap buff would be nice though.

antitrop

Honestly I strongly feel the most worthless character in the game is Torb. People complain about hanzo and widow but they can kill very well if they're skilled. Sym has her uses as does bastion.

But torb....... Completely weak in all regards IMO. I've never played with a torb that I felt pulled their weight. They're just kinda there.
I almost never play Torb, but when I do, I get 4 Gold medals and we fucking destroy. I like to bust him out once in a while on heavily defense favored maps like Hanamura.

99% of Torbs are just turret babysitters, but the rivet gun is where his real strength lies. I feel like a lot of people pick him just because they're lazy and he has a bad reputation for that, but an active Torb can do work.

I mean, I'm not going to go back and forth on comparing Junkrat to Bastion. I was just reinforcing that Junkrat can do a crazy amount of damage to a Rein Shield. Bastion is probably the only character that can top it.

Yeah def. I hear you.

Don't forget throwing and exploding their mine so you go boop in the air!

And yes the junkrat aerial antics are annoying too lol.

I feel junkrat does have a solid role to play in the game and isn't a bad pick. That's why I was chiming in on the subject.

I almost never play Torb, but when I do, I get 4 Gold medals and we fucking destroy. I like to bust him out once in a while on heavily defense favored maps like Hanamura.

99% of Torbs are just turret babysitters, but the rivet gun is where his real strength lies. I feel like a lot of people pick him just because they're lazy and he has a bad reputation for that, but an active Torb can do work.

I think that's the key word for torbs I've played with, lazy. I never feel like he's actively involved in the battle. More power to you stepping up and kicking ass with him.

Occasionally I'll play Torb for shits and giggles and I love the times when they think they have an easy pick because I'm far away from my turret, but then I shotgun them in the face and get a kill anyway.

Dwarf power!

Funny all this Junkrat discussion coming up just as I'm realizing how much I'm enjoying playing him lately. I guess now that I'm well-versed enough in the game to know all the flanking routes, I get a lot of satisfaction out of laying my trap in just the right spot to ruin the day of anyone trying it. (Favorite is definitely the platform on Hanamura before Point A; love catching a Genji there and waiting a moment to relish it before triggering my mine.) He's definitely only somebody I play on Defense, and really only reaches his peak potential on certain maps (I pretty much always grab him up on Eichenwald defense) but once you get the hang of his grenades and when to fling out the mine, he can be very effective.

Fancolors

Torb's strongest skill is his armour. The only problem is that he needs to collect it.

Tracer, Genji and Winston with 75+ health can be terrifying

As a rein player I can say I despise fighting enemy junkrats. They are invaluable for destroying that shield like no other. Quite the bane of a Reinharts existence.

There's also the agonizing defeat that comes with when you snag someone with the charge and before you crush them against the wall you suddenly judder to a halt....and then you realise you've zoomed into a Rat Trap.

4 leavers in 5 games how is that even possible :(

Ouch. That sucks.

I got on at lunch for the first time in around a week, life stuff and all, and got on a team that got blanked because of a Symmetra and a diamond Widowmaker with 202 hours on her. Tough game as Zarya trying to save people from themselves and the inevitable trickle. Then, we switched, and stomped them. I had a monster game with Mei.

This beautiful game makes zero fucking sense most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom