• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

H05BTwp.png

eek5

Roadhog's hook sometimes man, completely ridiculous.

I had one yesterday where I was standing in a room and got hooked out of nowhere. Watch the cam and someone was walking left to right and roadhog tried to hook them but missed and it somehow connected with me. salty as fuuuck lol

There's many possible reasons why Doomfist III is depicted with Omnic scripture. Here's 2 that I can think of from the top of my head:

The usage of language/script also reflects on the history of the country of Numbani. By using the Latin alphabet, the museum makes a statement that Doomfist I and II were before the time that Numbani embraced the union between Mankind and Omnics.

Or Doomfist III himself wants his name to be written in Omnic for whatever reason. That might be because he is an Omnic of course, but it also could be because he wants to represent that harmony between both peoples (being a cyborg would emphasize this as well, half man half omnic), or because he grew up on the Omnic alphabet or identifies himself more with Omnic culture because, for instance, he was an orphan who was adopted by Omnic parents or something like that.

That Omnic script, while heavily hinting at Doomfist III being an Omnic, does not necessarily prove that he is. However, we can surely consider him to be someone who wants to fight for Omnic rights and equality, regardless of what people he belongs to.

Something people don't realize- there are different types of "cyborg". Doomfist could be a human with a cybernetic brain. An Omnic in human skin.

Skyzard

Banned
Roadhog's hook sometimes man, completely ridiculous.

I was crouching (as zarya) and waiting for a heal on hollywood at the first objective, on attacking side behind the haystacks at the gate when suddenly im hooked from near the objective. I couldn't get over it.

At the very least I hope they nerf the distance, makes some KOTH maps a real pain.

ISOM

It's weird, my hooks seem like they have to be pixel perfect to connect.

When I see on the kill cam how off some of the hooks are that catch me...yeah, ridiculous is a good way to describe it.

You ever get those hooks that miss you then autocorrects itself and latch onto you? Those are always fun.

Match starts on Illios, and our team pulls off a wombo combo teamwipe (graviton+barrage) and one of their guys leave.

We win but I feel sorry for them. They roughed it out and stayed which is a nice thing. Gave them my vote at the end.

Apathy

i dont know what it is with hanzos holding on to their alt for like 3/4ths of a game. Just use it, it builds up so damn fast for him. Theres no need to try for some 6 person kill cause it's not happening

darklin0

Banned
Match starts on Illios, and our team pulls off a wombo combo teamwipe (graviton+barrage) and one of their guys leave.

We win but I feel sorry for them. They roughed it out and stayed which is a nice thing. Gave them my vote at the end.

In my heart I feel for them, in my mind GIVE ME DA SR! SUCKS TO SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

B.O.O.M

If ya'll think OW has some bad snowballing you should play Titanfall 2. It's fucking awful.

The single player is good tho right? Might need to redbox it during the holidays

btw, who is the most popular healer right now? Is it Ana? Cz it sure looks like it

LowParry

i dont know what it is with hanzos holding on to their alt for like 3/4ths of a game. Just use it, it builds up so damn fast for him. Theres no need to try for some 6 person kill cause it's not happening

Agreed. Just Sonic Arrow an area, and shoot through walls at what you see. Payload matches are awesome for that.

Man, solo q is brutal tonite...insta-lock dps that couldn't kill if their lives depended on it.

Shit is gettin old.

Tell me about it. And not once but TWICE I got into a match where two people were feuding because they played in a prior game together and lost. What happens in the new game? Of course they proceed to throw the match. Infuriating.

Man, solo q is brutal tonite...insta-lock dps that couldn't kill if their lives depended on it.

Shit is gettin old.

trust me I know how you feel.

Whelp, after tilting last night, and reassessing everything......it occurred to me, that this game should have a mode between QP and Competitive.

I made a post about it on the forums hoping the devs will see it.

But I think it would help the overall experience for solo/duo queuers

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20751144952

what do you all think?

zoukka

Blizzard might as well lock Junkrat in as a permanent hero choice in all maps. I haven't seen a match in weeks that didn't have Junkrat in it.

Anne

btw, who is the most popular healer right now? Is it Ana? Cz it sure looks like it

Lucio and Ana are the top two atm. Lucio is still mostly a speed boost bot with some light AoE while Ana is single target burst healing or spamming into tanks for ult.

trust me I know how you feel.

Whelp, after tilting last night, and reassessing everything......it occurred to me, that this game should have a mode between QP and Competitive.

I made a post about it on the forums hoping the devs will see it.

But I think it would help the overall experience for solo/duo queuers

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20751144952

what do you all think?

Sounds great to me honestly.

I don't even need incentive. Playing without hero stacking is plenty for me.

Kind of depends on who you're playing with, but if your tanks are good at drawing fire, Ana is indeed absolutely fantastic. Tanks being easy to hit due to their size is as much to the benefit of the enemy, as to your own Ana. Her gun's hitbox is already quite generous as it is, but hitting one of the big boys or girls is really fast and reliable. You don't have to put yourself in harm's way either, making her survivability pretty top notch as well. If you play with a lot of speedy attackers, I don't feel like I'm healing reliably enough with her. Feels safer to switch to someone else to compensate for my lacking skill.

Blizzard might as well lock Junkrat in as a permanent hero choice in all maps. I haven't seen a match in weeks that didn't have Junkrat in it.
At least I kind of get it for Junkrat. He was heavily featured in the Halloween event, and got a fancy skin. I haven't seen a single game without Widowmaker in the last two weeks, and she was pretty much passed up on during the Halloween event. The only thing these snipers seem to contribute are using ults and fighting the other mandatory Widowmaker on the opposing team. I don't get it.

DevilDog

Did you lose all of these matches? Cause I sure did.
I asked a junkrat player if I could go Mccree for better dps and counter their pharah and genji, he told me that junkrat is the top DPS and mccree is like the 7th.

In the end, he said "No wonder we lost, this guy thinks Mccree is a good DPS".

Mutombo

I asked a junkrat player if I could go Mccree for better dps and counter their pharah and genji, he told me that junkrat is the top DPS and mccree is like the 7th.

Nice. Keep spamming on that Reinhardt Shield mr Junks.

I fucking hate it when pharas keep on wrecking and junks keep on trying.

Ana and Reinhardt seems like the best duo queue theses days, super versatile. Love having two healers as Rein as it supports my aggro playstyle, ended up with 64% kill participation on Dorado.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I really don't get where people get the idea that junkrat is proper dps.

Because they sure as shit didn't show it in my matches.

Wow hit an awesome winstreak the past few days and went from around 2500~ SR to almost 2800! I'm nearly to 3000 and only a few wins away from my first Gold Gun!

Blues1990

It certainly feels satisfying to repeatedly kill an enemy Tracer or Genji with the trap+landmine/grenade combo. There was even a point where a Genji player would try to use his ult exclusively against me (and only me), and the only time when he did kill me, he was blown up by my grenades.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
On defense i don't mind him, but on a moving objective his effectivenes diminishes because he can't force people to move down his path. On attack i just don't understand his appeal.

Whatever though, people can have fun with whatever character they like, and in a sense i don't really want to take that away from them, but i'm not going to stop dreading if someone chooses junk on attack.

In good news, my group (and main) account has reached Master again. In bad news, my solo account has managed to fall from Master to to just above Platinum at 3023.

Blues1990

On defense i don't mind him, but on a moving objective his effectivenes diminishes because he can't force people to move down his path. On attack i just don't understand his appeal.

Oh, definitely. On KOTH maps, I will always switch to Junkrat to counter an enemy that is tormenting our resident tanks. Junkrat's biggest strength comes from his ability to make any area hazardous to travel through, in addition to pinning enemies firmly into place, so that your teammates can pick off with their more focused firepower.

On the payload-themed maps, however, he is very situational. Dorado is packed to the rafters with side-passages, rooms and corridors to fill with grenades to catch flankers, or use them as cover if you're defending the Payload's progress. Outside from that map, I can't think how an Offensive Junkrat can be effective.

Cappa

Banned
I had one yesterday where I was standing in a room and got hooked out of nowhere. Watch the cam and someone was walking left to right and roadhog tried to hook them but missed and it somehow connected with me. salty as fuuuck lol

I literally got hooked halfway across the map on Ilios: Lighttower. Like literally three buildings separated between me and Roadhog but he somehow hooked me. Im guessing lag but jesus...

DevilDog

They will never change it since the whole point is to give noobs a sense of accomplishment.

This is what this system is for and I don't care what Kaplan says.
They should also separate damage to shields from damage to people. Junkrats is just spamming shields and giving zarya energy and gets rewarded for it.

Fancolors

Took another break from Overwatch because I'm in a bad losing streak and started playing Paladins again.

I want Blizzard to rip-off Hi-Rez and introduce Siege intro OW. Or at very least give us a more detailed match status report like Paladins does. Game still feels floaty as fuck tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom