• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

To dwell some more on the maps: I don't think Lijiang Tower "belongs" to Mei, and is likely going to be the home map for Liao, whenever they are released.
I'm also not sure if Temple of Anubis is considered Ana's map (alongside being Pharah's).
And I reallllly wanna know more about Zarya. Currently beyond her being Russian military, and Volskaya's involvement in defending Russia from the Second Omnic Crisis, there's no overlap between the character and the map. I wonder if she has some ties to Volskaya, or something happens there.
Doesn't Mei say it's good to be home on Lijiang Tower?
Also found this when trying to check if she does.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...views-Mei_s_Garden_Hostel-Lijiang_Yunnan.html
Garden map belongs to Mei confirmed.
some players will do some questionable shit to take you out. I had a Roadhog literally jump off the side on Ilios and TRY (he missed) to hook me w/ him. xD

Was the roadhog low health and going to die anyway?

xaosslug

I did this once to a DVa on the Sanctum/Nepal map. Because we were in overtime, and I knew she had to have her Ult ready.

We ended up winning the round, so I have no regrets.

we'd been having a bit of a dance throughout a couple of matches (me as Zarya), and he was def. coming for me hardcore. But they were holding the point, and I wasn't even fully charged. It seemed totes pointless, and personally motivated. LOL

Doesn't Mei say it's good to be home on Lijiang Tower?
Also found this when trying to check if she does.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...views-Mei_s_Garden_Hostel-Lijiang_Yunnan.html
Garden map belongs to Mei confirmed.

Was the roadhog low health and going to die anyway?

nope, he was almost full health. I was just stepping out of the greenish room w/ the bigger health pack and there he was standing on the side of the lighthouse. He shot at me, I bubbled, and then he jumped off the side and tried to hook me w/ him. xD

Oh, I like your ideas about Mei/Liao and Zarya. And we might have answers soon, too, with the First Strike graphic novel out sometime this month and Sombra apparently moving on to Volskaya.

Yeah I hope so. I really want to know more about Liao. Mei's home map probably would be Watchpoint Antarctica if anything. There seems to be no connection between Mei and Lijiang Tower beyond both being Chinese, and the only interaction with the map that Mei has is saying something like "it's good to be back home".
But since Lucheng, the corporation who built/owns Lijiang Tower, is based around astronomy and space exploration, rather than climatology, I also don't think she's been involved with it either.

I-hate-u

Just so you guys know, top 500 is currently high 3700s right now in America. When the leaderboard first came out, it was around 3450. So it was possible to hit top 500 earlier when the leaderboards came out. On someone's career profile page it can show they were top 500 at 3560 for example as a season high. This just means they were top 500 at some point, and not currently top 500.

Makes sense. Kinda cool though how the icon doesn't disappear after you hit top 500 even if that rank is not among the list anymore.

Kito

When did ulti become the abbreviation for ultimate? It's cute and all but ult is better. The whole point is to make 3 syllables into 1 for quick communication.

antitrop

When did ulti become the abbreviation for ultimate? It's cute and all but ult is better. The whole point is to make 3 syllables into 1 for quick communication.
MOBAs. Every MOBA stream I've ever watched, people say Ulti.

I say Ult, though.

It's easier to pick out as a word when there's a lot of communication going around. That said, I do say ult, myself.

Spinluck

Spamming heals is unnecessary. imo. The prompts show up so if the healer can't make it then just retreat and look for heal packs.

Spamming it is unnecessary, but sometimes it isn't. People will call for healing in ridiculous situations, and that's on them.

But if I'm standing right next to the healer and they don't see me they're going to hear the prompt quite a bit. It's happened to me quite often with randoms.

I'm sure someone else has already made this joke, but the idea just hit me:

What if Sombra's Ult is to reset an enemy's Ult to 0%?

Then you could say we actually did learn something about Sombra during the ARG.

Spamming it is unnecessary, but sometimes it isn't.

If I'm standing right next to the healer and they don't see me they're going to hear the prompt quite a bit. It's happened to me quite often with randoms.

Yeah, even healers can get tunnel vision sometimes, and I've definitely had some matches playing support where the prompt to request healing was much appreciated. As long as you're not spamming it over and over again while I'm still running back from the spawn point, or asking for heals when you're down 10 HP, it can actually be helpful.

I feel like it actually sounds kind of neat and not inherently overbalanced. It could be such an interesting strategy determining which enemy to best take out of the equation.
Yea I mean one ult taking out every other ult in the game sounds overpowered on the surface. But it's not like you could use it on an already ulting enemy. There would be a ton of guess work involved, yea you can wipe out enemy sound barrier before a push, but for all you know you just used your entire ult to take out 50 or 60% of the enemy Lucio ult.

Especially if it was some kind of dart you had to hit them with to make it take effect. I think that'd be a really cool dynamic.

AngryMoth

One game away for my career high and heading towards a win. Should have know someone on our team would leave. Fuck leavers the punishment is not harsh enough

mollipen

Because we Mercys need even more enemy players focusing on us! :(

I was joking on the Discord the other day that her ult would be to add another Overtime countdown. :p

darklin0

Banned
Because we Mercys need even more enemy players focusing on us! :(

Don't worry, you can still hide in spawn for half the match waiting for the 5 man revive.

Edit: I am poking fun at Mercy players who do this. I wanted to clarify because it sounded way to mean spirited towards you.

I can more likely see a crowd-controlling hero's ult adding a sudden 8-10 second cooldown to all enemy 'non-M1' abilities (including ultimates) in a certain radius. A hero like this might have a skill set most like the 'Mesmer' class from the original Guild Wars.

If I had to guess from the official artwork, though, Sombra appears to be more like an Omnic Necromancer or something that involves minions.

mollipen

Don't worry, you can still hide in spawn for half the match waiting for the 5 man revive.

Edit: I am poking fun at Mercy players who do this. I wanted to clarify because it sounded way to mean spirited towards you.

...but I don't even do that I'm always out there with my team trying my hardest I don't even care if I get POTG I just...

qi1p7Mn.jpg

xaosslug

never fails... I took a few days off from comp, and when I go back I'm placed on a team where nobody wants to be healer and our Tracer is awful (she died as soon as she came out of spawn, blinking over the edge). Of course we lose.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu. -__-

Rize_21

I think that video has already been posted here, but you HAVE to watch the content of this youtuber if you want to improve, oh yeah by the way his name is Skyline, please check his aiming exercise for a start, here's hoping his channel will grow. Just discovered him recently and he's more interesting than most of the "big" names for OW.

DevilDog

I think that video has already been posted here, but you HAVE to watch the content of this youtuber if you want to improve, oh yeah by the way his name is Skyline, please check his aiming exercise for a start, here's hoping his channel will grow. Just discovered him recently and he's more interesting than most of the "big" names for OW.

Honestly I would avoid that and stick to playing a shit ton. In competitive everyone is jumping, climbing walls, speed boosting, crouch spamming ADAD spamming its insane.

Nothing is going to train you better, just play. Unless you are brand new.

Or do the brawl, that way you can have fun at least.

komaruR

Honestly I would avoid that and stick to playing a shit ton. In competitive everyone is jumping, climbing walls, speed boosting, crouch spamming ADAD spamming its insane.

Nothing is going to train you better, just play. Unless you are brand new.

Or do the brawl, that way you can have fun at least.

the junkenstein brawl was really good to train your aim for hitscan (mccree) or projectile (hanzo)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nothings going to stop mei!

Whenever I hear that I feel like our ana fucked up. Or trolling.

Usually take a few down though.

That was an incredibly helpful video. Thanks for posting that! It pointed out some of the bad habits that I'd developed (Zen orb spamming for one).

On another note, for some reason most of my competitive games lately are either being won or lost on whether or not the Reinhardt on defense decides to charge headfirst into the attacking teams lines in either payload or control point maps.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's because killcams aren't perfectly accurate recreations.

Also his hook has a bigger vertical hitbox than horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom