• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crzy1

I don't feel like I'm playing healers that badly either. :(
I've been noticing the same thing for myself. I feel like I have a much more significant impact as a damage hero. Having a good flanker to keep the enemy team staggered is devastating. Or a good Mei that knows how and when to wall. Just playing Genji or Tracer well is enough to make the other team fall apart in platinum rank from what I've seen.

Ana can be a game changer, but she requires a lot more skill than I think I possess. I'm starting to lose the mentality that to help my team best, I need to be playing support. The past two days I've played Tracer, Genji, Pharah, Reaper, McCree and Mei almost exclusively and have moved up about 200 SR. When I have had to pick up heals, I've been going Zenyatta.

I still feel like being a tank is helpful as well, but I usually avoid Reinhardt in favor of Roadhog because he's easy to get picks with, even if he's not quite as good at slowing the enemy team down. Zarya is pretty much an instalock in most of my matches, so I don't play her as much as I'd like to.

I think I'll start season 3 playing damage roles and see where I can end up at.

what does road hog's right click do? i feel like it puts out less damage overall.
At 8 meters it spreads into a normal shotgun blast. Anytime someone is dancing outside your m1 range, you want to use it if your hook is on CD. Tracer 1 shots with it are so satisfying.

Shouta

what does road hog's right click do? i feel like it puts out less damage overall.

Shoots a clump of scrap that goes out a certain distance then explodes into a spray of scrap like his main. It only does 50 damage if you hit with the ball but does the same as his normal one once it explodes at the right distance.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly I think Roadhog's hook needs to be nerfed somehow. Wether it's in damage, range or the ability to actually get out of it, I don't care. It's probably the most annoying ability besides Reinhardt's wall slam.

Honestly I think Roadhog's hook needs to be nerfed somehow. Wether it's in damage, range or the ability to actually get out of it, I don't care. It's probably the most annoying ability besides Reinhardt's wall slam.

eh. i disagree since it actually takes some skill to get good hooks.

yea people get lucky, but to actually use it right, it takes some skill.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Getting hooked is kind of like getting sniped. So just think of it like a slower Widow bullet.

MUnited83

For you.

Odrion

Banned

Shouta

go to the shooting range and practice a bit until it becomes second nature, it will give you so much more power in a fight

didn't they say that they're throwing a lot of mud at the wall with all these changes?

I just said we don't know if they'll stick.

eek5

Started at 2333 went up to 2446 then dropped to 2100. Climbed to 2499 then finally hit plat. Yissssss

RTa1RHB.png

Feels good man. There was a moment where I lost like 15 out of 17 games where I thought I would never be able to get back up lol

ohkay

I really hate games where I get grouped with people being pulled up by their friends, but they essentially make it a 5v6

xaosslug

peeps need to stop giving up before the match is over, like staying in spawn because it seems like the enemy's about to cap the point... what do you have to lose? Don't give up! WTF? -__-

It's insane to that I keep running into people who straight up won't swap under any circumstance whatsoever. This is around the 3000 SR mark. Why play competitive when you don't want to try????? Uggggghhhh. Need more friends who want to group.

cyborg009

Banned
It's insane to that I keep running into people who straight up won't swap under any circumstance whatsoever. This is around the 3000 SR mark. Why play competitive when you don't want to try????? Uggggghhhh. Need more friends who want to group.

Was it a hanzo player?
it's obvious they are carrying.

I lost to a bastion twice today
please shoot me

I don't understand how we let him go crazy on us on KOTH.

Ugh, just finished a match where we lost to a team playing Bastion... on Hollywood... on Attack. Like, I try my best switching to Genji but I can only do so much.

That's something I've learned about playing this game a lot: I don't mind losing all that much. But losing to a horrible comp... that makes me want to rip my hair out.

DeSo

Banned
they should rename dragonblade supportkiller

well, mercykiller anyway, at least zen, ana and lucio have a counter move/ult

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually kinda love having bastion on my team.

Like, half the time it doesn't work, but the other half I just play ana to keep him alive and boost him which can lead to some hilarious stomps.

You take the good with the bad.

Ramirez

peeps need to stop giving up before the match is over, like staying in spawn because it seems like the enemy's about to cap the point... what do you have to lose? Don't give up! WTF? -__-

People need to stop spamming thanks the minute something bad happens. It always snowballs into getting absolutely thrashed because everyone is busy spamming lines and picking troll characters. The competitive community really sucks.

MastAndo

Man, solo queued from 1700 back up to 2152 (my season high), and just when I was feeling like I had accomplished something and was in control of my own destiny, we get absolutely steamrolled in my last two matches. I mean, completely disheartening, why do I even play this game, I'm useless and so is everyone on my team kind of losses. My last 15 matches or so matches prior were mostly wins, but even the losses were competitive.

Someone insta-locked Zarya AND Zenyatta ahead of me (go figure) and I guess I got...tilted? I hadn't played Roadhog in so long, my old man brain stayed stuck in Zarya mode and had me throw more than one accidental hook when trying to bubble myself.

I actually kinda love having bastion on my team.

Like, half the time it doesn't work, but the other half I just play ana to keep him alive and boost him which can lead to some hilarious stomps.

You take the good with the bad.

Now that I've added Reinhardt into my list of chars, I don't mind Bastion so much. Actually if the comp is Rein, Bastion, Mercy, Ana, Pharah, Zarya then I'm actually confident on the chance of success. I've seen Bastions put in work so I don't rule them out at the start. Same goes with Symmetra and Torb.

Only ones I'll get suspicious at start nowadays is Hanzo and WM.

BigDug13

Nano boost nerf, plz no Blizzard :(

Every team should have a Lucio. The nano boosted target should still be given speed to get kills. It was just too insane to have Lucio speed boost on top of nano speed boost. Of all the things they nerfed on nano, they nerfed the one area that won't prevent the ult from still being "must have" and Ana to still be the default primary healer in the competitive game IMO. Reinhardt can't just run full speed and pound your whole team with one hammer swing anymore, or have Reaper's ult cover a football field of distance.

Phew, my mains are mostly untouched or getting net buffs lmao. Well, I play Zarya a lot but it's mostly when someone else gets on Roadhog or I know she'll be a huge help, I don't really find her that fun to play otherwise so seeing her get toned down doesn't make me sad.

The 25% ult reduction seems big though. Those whiffed ults are gonna sting a lot more haha. I can see a lot of people sitting on them for a while trying to wipe the whole team smh.

cyborg009

Banned
Current trend
HdEK0dO.png

Ugh, just finished a match where we lost to a team playing Bastion... on Hollywood... on Attack. Like, I try my best switching to Genji but I can only do so much.

That's something I've learned about playing this game a lot: I don't mind losing all that much. But losing to a horrible comp... that makes me want to rip my hair out.

My team just fell under pressure and couldn't do a damn thing even when I took bastion down.Also mercy is such a bad pick for KOTH.

Man, solo queued from 1700 back up to 2152 (my season high), and just when I was feeling like I had accomplished something and was in control of my own destiny, we get absolutely steamrolled in my last two matches. I mean, completely disheartening, why do I even play this game, I'm useless and so is everyone on my team kind of losses. My last 15 matches or so matches prior were mostly wins, but even the losses were competitive.

Someone insta-locked Zarya AND Zenyatta ahead of me (go figure) and I guess I got...tilted? I hadn't played Roadhog in so long, my old man brain stayed stuck in Zarya mode and had me throw more than one accidental hook when trying to bubble myself.
I try to keep myself able to play most characters so I never really feel out of place.

Shoots a clump of scrap that goes out a certain distance then explodes into a spray of scrap like his main. It only does 50 damage if you hit with the ball but does the same as his normal one once it explodes at the right distance.

... oh.

I thought it was the clump that did massive damage. It explains so much.

Odrion

Banned
figuring out roadhog's alt-fire basically lets you delete 200 hp heroes from a 9 meter distance, it's really important to master it

cyborg009

Banned
I really fucking hate when were steam rolling a team and someone on my team switches to hanzo and we freaking lose...... this happen twice

also his ping was like 3000

How many people actually play on other regional servers at different times of day?

Early morning NA tends to get rather slow, so curious as to how people's experiences with the connection to other regions are?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana is the best hero in the game.

Nano op
Nade op
Healing op
Dps decent
Can deal with flankers
Sniper scope

Ana is the defintion of 'has way too much'. Best ult in the game, best single target healing in the game, decent damage, a grenade that heals, buffs healing, damages and blocks healing and the best CC in the game.

And no one during testing thought, 'hey maybe we gave ana too much'. Like people like to complain about Lucio but he's in his spot because of how strong team fights are to the game. Ana would be good with or without team fights.

Jellie

Nah I only got two kills there. That would be the worst POTG ever haha. You basically did the most damage there.

I'd be interested in seeing the whole video just to see how you played that match to hopefully improve the way I use Ana.

That's the second Ana POTG you've had with me! I'm clearly the lucky charm.
One day it'll happen for me hopefully
It was only 39 damage. Only one was a solo kill.

I was thinking the same about lucky charm. Both times they haven't been amazing though.

Might take a while to upload so here's my latest that I uploaded.

https://youtu.be/a0WJhrw0-sI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom