• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah. Junkrat does it faster, safer, and more consistent than Roadhog does. Roadhog gets a max of 675 damage over 3 seconds with his Scrap Gun if all the pellets hit but that has to be point blank for him to be guaranteed otherwise you might lose a bit with shots going over Rein or going into the ground. Junk gets 600 damage in 3 seconds with his grenades and because of the bounce mechanic, as long as you aren't shooting over him. will land for for the damage. He can do this farther than Roadhog as well because the arc and can be done behind a Rein for max damage or around corners to protect himself. There's also Junk's concussive mine too

You also kind of want to save shots with Roadhog so you can hook folks when Rein's shield goes down, lol

If they gave Junk a new Ult instead of the tire or just gave him an explode on impact alt-fire, he'd be pretty good after the Ult charge changes.

People seem to forget roadhog's right click exist.

That gives him more than enough range to shred shields. Also you should honestly be really good with his right clicks.

Also roadhog is just so much better at team fights. He can actually finish people off reliably.

xaosslug

Nah. Junkrat does it faster, safer, and more consistent than Roadhog does. Roadhog gets a max of 675 damage over 3 seconds with his Scrap Gun if all the pellets hit but that has to be point blank for him to be guaranteed otherwise you might lose a bit with shots going over Rein or going into the ground. Junk gets 600 damage in 3 seconds with his grenades and because of the bounce mechanic, as long as you aren't shooting over him. will land for for the damage. He can do this farther than Roadhog as well because the arc and can be done behind a Rein for max damage or around corners to protect himself. There's also Junk's concussive mine too

You also kind of want to save shots with Roadhog so you can hook folks when Rein's shield goes down, lol

If they gave Junk a new Ult instead of the tire or just gave him an explode on impact alt-fire, he'd be pretty good after the Ult charge changes.

also, if you are in Rein's path you can drop your trap in front of you in case he tries to charge = RIP, Rein.

That gives him more than enough range to shred shields. Also you should honestly be really good with his right clicks.

Also roadhog is just so much better at team fights. He can actually finish people off reliably.

You can also punish a Rein using Firestrike with Hook.

No doubt Road hog is a gargantuan problem for rein just as much as junk rat. The hook when the shield breaks is really deadly, and he can kill that shield very effectively too. When I encounter a road hog junk rat combo I don't even pick rein. It's a death sentence.

Shouta

McCree is one of the best characters to shred Rein's shield tbqh.

Eh, not really. 420 across 3 seconds is not shabby but doesn't compare to Junkrat or even Roadhog. He can fan the hammer for a max of 540 in 2 or so seconds but he has to be point blank to do so otherwise there's a good chance you'll miss a shot or two.

If we're talking hitscanners, 76 is better than McCree for shredding Rein's shield and will be much better for it after the balance changes. 500 damage in 2.5 seconds after the update with Helix's 120 damage is gonna be pretty buff for doing that.

Right-click is nice but unless you're positioned in just the right spot, it'll be the same issue or an even worse one because if you're too close, you're only gonna get 50 damage, lol.

xaosslug

any decent Rein would just charge Roadhog at that range, and even if he's hooked out of it he would still be close enough to finish Roadhog off w/ melee. Junkrat's still the safer bet.

Antiwhippy

any decent Rein would just charge Roadhog at that range, and even if he's hooked out of it he would still be close enough to finish Roadhog off w/ melee. Junkrat's still the safer bet.

Roadhog massively outdamages reinhardt at melee range. If anything the real advice would be never take on roadhog as rein. He can just outheal your charge damage too.

Right-click is nice but unless you're positioned in just the right spot, it'll be the same issue or an even worse one because if you're too close, you're only gonna get 50 damage, lol.

That's what I mean by getting good with his right click really. Know the distance you have to be at to deal max damage to anyone, not just shields. I've seen good roadhogs relianly one shot kill with right click.

Also the right positioning is usually behind your own rein shield. :p

Eh, not really. 420 across 3 seconds is not shabby but doesn't compare to Junkrat or even Roadhog. He can fan the hammer for a max of 540 in 2 or so seconds but he has to be point blank to do so otherwise there's a good chance you'll miss a shot or two.

If we're talking hitscanners, 76 is better than McCree for shredding Rein's shield and will be much better for it after the balance changes. 500 damage in 2.5 seconds after the update with Helix's 120 s gonna be pretty buff for doing that.

Once you've played hog a lot, you easily get a feel of what shot to use at what time and distance. It's harder to do so in fights with mobile characters, but since Rein is really slow with the shield up, positioning for it is easy.

Shouta

Roadhog massively outdamages reinhardt at melee range. If anything the real advice would be never take on roadhog as rein. He can just outheal your charge damage too.

That's what I mean by getting good with his right click really. Know the distance you have to be at to deal max damage to anyone, not just shields. I've seen good roadhogs relianly one shot kill with right click.

Also the right positioning is usually behind your own rein shield. :p

Once you've played hog a lot, you easily get a feel of what shot to use at what time and distance. It's harder to do so in fights with mobile characters, but since Rein is really slow with the shield up, positioning for it is easy.

But consider that you're gonna get shot at and your Rein might be farther out than your optimum distance for right-click. =P

Junk can account for all of that with ease is the reason why he's better than Road for it, I think.

Picks Reinhardt at King's Row, only use his shield to protect Torbjorn turret in a corner while our Lucio and the others are being picked by Hog's hook.

With teammates like this there's not much I can do. 3 games today, 2 with 5 medals, including gold in damage/kills/healing in dorado (one round with hog, other with lucio). At this point there's not much I can do besides laugh at how bad my teams can be.

xaosslug

this assumes the Roadhog would have the wherewithal/react in time and not miss any of his shots while Rein's axe/hammering him. In fact most Roadhogs would stop to sip their booze, which would be their end. LOL

DevilDog

Up to a rank where i get matched with masters even in quick play. Very fun, they have insane aim and it feels great to play against them. It almost feels like this is where the game starts.

Antiwhippy

But consider that you're gonna get shot at and your Rein might be farther out than your optimum distance for right-click. =P

Junk can account for all of that with ease is the reason why he's better than Road for it, I think.

Overwatch maps are usually too small to make regular long range poke wars to be a thing.

Also that would mean you have a bad reinhardt on your team which is more of a problem. :p

Yeah, I don't think I ever lost a 1vs1 fight against Rein. Assuming I get pinned, I immediately heal, and then proceed to kill him with 2-3 shots. As Hog your weapon can even "enter" his shield and blow his face. Not much a Rein can do, since the hammer only does 75dmg.

this assumes the Roadhog would have the wherewithal/react in time and not miss any of his shots while Rein's axe/hammering him. In fact most Roadhogs would stop to sip their booze, which would be their end. LOL

But take a breather is exactly what a hog should do after a rein charge. Provided that I have no less than 2 thirds of my health when I get charged I usually end up winning that duel.

Edit: freakin' dolphin browser on my phone auto-filled my login and password in the 'Reason for Editing" and 'Title' fields of this post.

Never using this piece of **** again.

Two good wins in a row, kind of want to just get off, but hey, getting close to master, let's ride the streak.

"Get off Hanzo you asshole!" (I wasn't Hanzo, just teammates talking)
"You should really switch of Ana." As Ana (me) sleeps the Reaper that was about to death blossom our entire team.
*teammate leaves*
*rest of team leaves*
*I leave*

Always trust your instincts people.

Antiwhippy

I feel like i'm missing something, why is Ana a problem for Junkrat?

"Oh hey, I'm doing so much damage as junkrat. All of the enemy team at half health now! Hey team, let's go in and finish them off!"

*Ana throws down grenade* *Lucio amps it up healing 80hps AOE with ana pumping in 150hps* *Built her ult insanely fast and reinhardt or reaper wipes your team*

Also just the fact that she can heal 150HPS. 150. Junk's grenades deal max 120.

"GODDAMNIT GRANNY"

Like, grenade always felt to me to be one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

This week has been hellish for me in regards to comp' (blizzcon bringing everyone back?) , literally everyday I've lost 50 points (for 4 days straight now). I know medals don't mean much but every loss bar one I've had 3+ gold medals as well. I really want this streak to end already lol, was 1 win away from master so many times over the last couple of weeks as well :(

All this Junkrat talk during the day gave me bad luck, since I had one in my team every single game today on attack/defense (Dorado, Anubis, King's Row). Don't really remember this happening before.

Antiwhippy

Yash I'm getting into a lot of other people's placement matches recently. Blizzcon pulling in New or returning guys and gals i guess.

caesar

Banned
"Oh hey, I'm doing so much damage as junkrat. All of the enemy team at half health now! Hey team, let's go in and finish them off!"

*Ana throws down grenade* *Lucio amps it up healing 80hps AOE with ana pumping in 150hps* *Built her ult insanely fast and reinhardt or reaper wipes your team*

Also just the fact that she can heal 150HPS. 150. Junk's grenades deal max 120.

"GODDAMNIT GRANNY"

Like, grenade always felt to me to be one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

Ana is the best hero in the game.

Nano op
Nade op
Healing op
Dps decent
Can deal with flankers
Sniper scope

Antiwhippy

Sleep dart is also one of the best CCs in the game.

Her kit is honestly so good that I don't see the universal ult nerf affecting her much. She's still going to build ult faster than anyone in the game.

She is so much fucking fun too.

DevilDog

It's really hilarious how easy you can kill Tracer with her. Also her hit box is super annoying.

It's so deceptive, you see her cape and think she has a big hitbox, but she is literally tracer 2.0
She can't do much against Tracer if the Tracer is good, but she can stall forever.

Antiwhippy

I feel like my recent matches are telling me the direction to go next season.

4Ee1oB1.png

2BTqlbs.png

Ed0aFt0.png

I don't feel like I'm playing healers that badly either. :(

And yet you still get crap for playing her on console.

If you took a poll of every console player of which healers they like having on their team the most (even ignoring the lower ranks), she'd be #4

AngryMoth

Just had my 2nd ever 5v6 win and it was fucking nerve biting.

We took the whole map on Eichenwalde with about about a minute to spare and were cruising to an easy defence of point A with them failing to break past the choke. With 2 minutes I see the dreaded red player has left prompt and my heart sinks. Maybe he just disconnected and will come back? Surely he wouldn't throw away his rank points when we are gonna win in 2 minutes! He doesn't come back.

Came down to overtime with them having about 1 meter to go with the payload and me desperately stalling for what felt like forever after the rest of my team got wiped. Eventually reinforcements start to roll in and we eventually cling on thanks to the spawn advantage. Phew, kept my win streak going!

Heh, had a great moment on Numbani attack.

Nanoboosted Ulting Soldier gets a team kill just out of the tunnel near the end.

Mei blizzards one of the spawn exits, I go whole hog on the other one, no escape.

Antiwhippy

She's broken in all the fun ways though, not just because because like she just does stupid damage or whatever.

She's the zarya of healers. Just so versatile.

If you took a poll of every console player of which healers they like having on their team the most (even ignoring the lower ranks), she'd be #4

This isn't a fair statement, she's way harder to use than any other healer on controller. All other healers have a set it and forget it heal mechanic, where as Ana you have to actively heal by aiming. Something feels off about her on console, I think it's the fact that aim assist (maybe toned down slightly) is still present for when you aim at your teammates.

Some people still thinks of her as "another" sniper like Hanzo/Widow. So dumb...

This isn't a fair statement, she's way harder to use than any other healer on controller. All other healers have a set it and forget it heal mechanic, where as Ana you have to actively heal by aiming. Something feels off about her on console, I think it's the fact that aim assist (maybe toned down slightly) is still present for when you aim at your teammates.

I don't think there's aim-assist for your teammates actually. At least I don't notice it.

DevilDog

She's broken in all the fun ways though, not just because because like she just does stupid damage or whatever.

She's the zarya of healers. Just so versatile.

She is not that broken because she doesn't provide the ults the other supports do. Her ult is broken though, glad to see people starting to realize it.

Ramirez

Group of 4 starts bullying the shit out of me mid match through PSN messages. I had gold damage, gold objective kills, and bronze kills. They kept going in and getting wiped as a group, and then trying to say I was going in first and getting picked, wut?

Picked Torb and sat around the rest of the match, people who pass the blame for no reason can suck my dick.

Skii

Speaking of Ana...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orS1YEU0Zrc
Stole Skiis PotG since he got most of the kills
Gg Skii and Prelude (gaf?)
I recorded the whole match because of using instant replay to capture that so I can upload the whole game tomorrow if you want?

Nah I only got two kills there. That would be the worst POTG ever haha. You basically did the most damage there.

I'd be interested in seeing the whole video just to see how you played that match to hopefully improve the way I use Ana.

That's the second Ana POTG you've had with me! I'm clearly the lucky charm.
One day it'll happen for me hopefully

Chance

Nah I only got two kills there. That would be the worst POTG ever haha. You basically did the most damage there.

I'd be interested in seeing the whole video just to see how you played that match to hopefully improve the way I use Ana.

That's the second Ana POTG you've had with me! I'm clearly the lucky charm.
One day it'll happen for me hopefully

I've had some 2-kill PotGs on Tracer. Always feel bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom