• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gotta hack Sombra so she can't hack you.

another hero that's required on both teams to be successful

blizzard learned nothing from ana
tumblr_og56beICQh1s2ypolo2_250.png

Sombra is a villain.

I mean people talk about 'mah waifu zarya that i want to hold me' while ignoring she's a complete bigot. they dont ignore that for torb of course because not-waifu.

TheExodu5

Banned
Then you're off to a terrible start and you should probably hold off from sliding down that hill any further

The thing is we're not losing because of me. We're losing because everyone wants to play Mcree and Reaper and no one wants to heal or tank.

Then give up immediately, because it's all downhill from there.

It probably helps that I don't particularly care for competitive.

Then you're off to a terrible start and you should probably hold off from sliding down that hill any further

It doesn't necessarily follow that you'll keep losing... and I never really go on long streaks, winning or losing anyway. It's all about that long term performance.

The thing is we're not losing because of me. We're losing because everyone wants to play Mcree and Reaper and no one wants to heal or tank.

All the more reason to stop so you can play when they aren't on.

Which comes with the whole zarya sexing mei package.

This sentence should not exist. Tumblr was a mistake.

It doesn't necessarily follow that you'll keep losing... and I never really go on long streaks, winning or losing anyway. It's all about that long term performance.

Tilting doesn't help anyone.

Salarians

I mean people talk about 'mah waifu zarya that i want to hold me' while ignoring she's a complete bigot. they dont ignore that for torb of course because not-waifu.
So many people on tumblr haaaaate Torbjorn, and it's obvious that most of this is because of his appearance. Mei, Bastion (annoying to play against), Zarya, Junkrat (anti-omnic), Reaper, Widowmaker (actual villains), and Roadhog (literally described as "a ruthless killer") are all extremely popular on tumblr. But Torbjorn, a heroic character who singlehandedly stopped a city's destruction, is hated.

As someone who actually likes him, it's incredibly tiring to see nothing but hate posts when trying to find nice new fan art. :/

So many people on tumblr haaaaate Torbjorn, and it's obvious that most of this is because of his appearance. Mei, Bastion (annoying to play against), Zarya, Junkrat (anti-omnic), Reaper, Widowmaker (actual villains), and Roadhog (literally described as "a ruthless killer") are all extremely popular on tumblr. But Torbjorn, a heroic character who singlehandedly stopped a city's destruction, is hated.

As someone who actually likes him, it's incredibly tiring to see nothing but hate posts when trying to find nice new fan art. :/

It's probably because he's incredibly boring compared to the rest of the cast.

TrueBlue

I can't say I find any of the characters overly dull. I find even the supposedly straight-laced characters entertaining because they all play into the inherently corny setting.

EDIT: Yeah, the constant ribbing of Reaper is a good example.

The way Overwatch shorts constantly make fun of Reaper is the best.

I can't believe how well they've handled the edgiest character of all time.

duckroll

The way Overwatch shorts constantly make fun of Reaper is the best.

I can't believe how well they've handled the edgiest character of all time.

Really? I'm not surprised at all. It fits with Blizzard humor and modern Blizzard storytelling. Blizzard stories are like Saturday morning cartoons with obvious morals and it always emphasizes on optimism and heroism rather than empowering the bad guys or making bitter cynical people feel validated.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a way to watch the semifinal 1 from Blizzcon via VOD or something? I paid for virtual ticket but I can only find the first 2 quarter finals in the video archive.

TheExodu5

Banned
Like seriously. What the fuck. 1 win, 9 losses. Am I the sole reason my team is losing? Or is matchmaking this wonky.

edit: 1 win, 10 losses.

Looking at the finland v russia semis, like, blizzard is stupid strong don't get me wrong, but that comp would get dominated by a good pharah.

And I don't think russia has a great mccree? I remember unfixed being a zarya main.

Unfixed is a good McCree though.

So much detail in those shorts.

Are we totally sure that girl in the picture isn't Sombra herself?

Yes we are. That is Katya Volskaya's daughter.

Can Sombra's translocator be shot?

No.

TheExodu5

Banned
1 win 12 losses I'm so fucking mad but I can't stop playing.

The thing is. These aren't even close matches most of the time. They're steamrolls.

2583 -> 1956

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom