• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But I'm getting golds and potgs. :(

If your team is bad those golds might not mean as much as you think.

Take a breather, and then come back with a different mindset.

Hell, just play qp and have fun without worrying about your sr, and then come back after you lose your tilt.

PatjuhR

Some people are ridiculously good with Ana's Sleep Dart and I don't like it. I mean I get it that I'm sleeping through half a game as Roadhog, but when I go Tracer they still hit me plenty. Even tho I'm mobile enough

ISOM

Some people are ridiculously good with Ana's Sleep Dart and I don't like it. I mean I get it that I'm sleeping through half a game as Roadhog, but when I go Tracer they still hit me plenty. Even tho I'm mobile enough

I've slept ulting Genji's. No one is safe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

If Hanzo's arrow hit box is a log, Ana's sleep dart is a tree. It's massive.

AngryMoth

Like seriously. What the fuck. 1 win, 9 losses. Am I the sole reason my team is losing? Or is matchmaking this wonky.

edit: 1 win, 10 losses.
It's not you, I also experience huge win and loss streaks. It almost feels like the match making is doing it to me on purpose sometimes yeah

Antiwhippy

Adad is actually not as effective with projectiles due to the nature of hitboxes.

Actually the more i think about it the more i feel like it's actually not going to be as easy to hack people that are most affected by it.

Dva and Mei can easily spray around to break her hack. Seems like her hack does not outrange them.

Roadhog can probably react shoot/hook.

Rein, winston, mei and zarya have ways to break los.

Splash damage heroes can interrupt her pretty easily.

Healers might be the most affected honestly. But she had to get an advantage first because top tier anas, lucios and zens will be able to hit her if they detect her before the hack.

DevilDog

Adad is actually not as effective with projectiles due to the nature of hitboxes.
It's not as simple as just ADADing, I'm over simplifying. You have to take distance, projectile speed and hitbox size into account when you do this technique.

What I usually do as Tracer against ana is keep my distance so I won't get hit by her grenade, ADAD slower when she is unscoped and ADAD faster when she is scoped.

What infuriates me is when the ana is bad, misses and reacts so slow that ADAD works against me.

DevilDog

To be fair it's a weird situation if ana has to scope against a Tracer.

It's not unusual for them to do it with the Tracer is at a big distance or if she is in medium range focusing someon else.
There are some that are confident enough to take the risk of aiming when they are 1v1 though, they ca jump and scope mid air to maintain some mobility.

Jellie

Actually the more i think about it the more i feel like it's actually not going to be as easy to hack people that are most affected by it.

Dva and Mei can easily spray around to break her hack. Seems like her hack does not outrange them.

Roadhog can probably react shoot/hook.

Rein, winston, mei and zarya have ways to break los.

Splash damage heroes can interrupt her pretty easily.

Healers might be the most affected honestly. But she had to get an advantage first because top tier anas, lucios and zens will be able to hit her if they detect her before the hack.
With healers, does zens discord still stay on them? If so just discord before hacked and kill her. Mercy will probably die due to no guardian angel. Lucio could spam his projectiles at her or boop her to cancel the hack and then get away? Ana might have trouble since she is the hardest to aim with and her abilities are cruicial to being able to 1 v 1 flankers.

Antiwhippy

For us plebs probably, but I've seen so many top tier anas being able to 1v1 flankers that i can't see them having trouble with her. They are especially good at hitting sleep darts on flankers

NeoRaider

2 Sombra previews:

PCGAMER: Sombra is fun to play and infuriating to play against

-We got our hands-on on Overwatch's next hero, and we're a little worried.

KOTAKU: Overwatch's Sombra Is Fun To Play And Very Powerful

-Sombra is basically the Overwatch version of the DDOS script kiddies who bring down services like Steam and PSN. She takes shit you rely on, she breaks it, and then she disappears. In the right hands, I think she’s gonna be devastating.

Sorry if AP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to try out whatever sleep dart you've been using, because I can never seem to hit mine.

I've hit Tracer with sleep darts much more than arrows. I can almost always reliably sleep a Tracer if she gets the jump on me where as I have to be really good with a scatter on Tracer if I'm Hanzo. And I've played more Hanzo than Ana.

I really want to play Overwatch on pc now but i dont have anything to run it. just watching pro plays makes me feel like the game is too slow.

Prelude.

It's balanced out from the D.Vas waking people up from the other side of the map.

I'm really looking forward to Sombra. Her kit is sublime.
Really? I'm not surprised at all. It fits with Blizzard humor and modern Blizzard storytelling. Blizzard stories are like Saturday morning cartoons with obvious morals and it always emphasizes on optimism and heroism rather than empowering the bad guys or making bitter cynical people feel validated.

Eh, like DevilDog mentions Blizzard can be rather self-indulgent with its lore at times. I could so easily see a world where Reaper is always portrayed as the Ultimate Badass™ with nothing able to defeat him and his targets only narrowly escaping. Instead he is beaten back and humbled (and after Infiltration, duped) at every corner.

It's refreshing. I'm sure Reaper will have his day, but this is a whole lot more fun overall.

I once lept as Winston towards an Ana that reflexively darted me out of the sky to both of our surprise. To us, that was PotG.

I was so ready to cry aimbot when that happened, too. Feels so silly in retrospect.

Has anyone double dipped on the game?

I have Overwatch on the PS4 and was wondering, if i got the PC version too would anything persist? Such as the Blizzcon skin for Bastion, launch skins etc.

Thanks!

DevilDog

Has anyone double dipped on the game?

I have Overwatch on the PS4 and was wondering, if i got the PC version too would anything persist? Such as the Blizzcon skin for Bastion, launch skins etc.

Thanks!

Nothing transfers over from platform to platform. I don't know about the Blizzcon skin however.

But you'll be able to get this

Oni-Genji.jpg

ISOM

2 Sombra previews:

Sorry if AP.

There is no doubt in my mind that she will be devestating and will be an essential pick almost on the level of Lucio in the meta. The question is who will she replace. I'm guessing flanking heroes like Genji and Tracer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is no doubt in my mind that she will be devestating and will be an essential pick almost on the level of Lucio in the meta. The question is who will she replace. I'm guessing flanking heroes like Genji and Tracer.

She's super tracer. There's zero reason to bring Tracer if Sombra launches the way she is. She can flank better, she has WAY more utility, she has more hp and she shreds tanks up close. With her passive you bring her and Genji, she spots the weakened foes and Genji picks them off. Gravitron surge>EMP>Dragon Blade GG

DevilDog

She's super tracer. There's zero reason to bring Tracer if Sombra launches the way she is. She can flank better, she has WAY more utility, she has more hp and she shreds tanks up close. With her passive you bring her and Genji, she spots the weakened foes and Genji picks them off. Gravitron surge>EMP>Dragon Blade GG

Heroes never die.

Zaya ult is still stupid though.

Wait, how do you get this?

People from this thread who have switched from Play Station 4 to PC.

EDIT: You play 15 games of HotS with friends* from Nov 15 to January 4th.

I've mentioned it a few times, if you connect your battlenet account to your PSN/XBL and bought the Virtual Ticket, the Blizzcon Bastion skin unlocks for you.

Yeah - the only complaint I have about Sombra's skill set is as-is it makes Tracer basically obsolete. There are a very few situations where having a pulse bomb will be more useful but beyond that. Nothing. And that sucks because I love playing as Tracer.

It pretty much a given she will wreck a 3/3 setup. Heavy reliance on ability use in that comp.

She also wrecks comps that require a static defense or a defense that maximizes a choke point.

Surprisingly, the heroes that have the most to gain from Sombra are defense heroes, minus torb. Hanzo and WMs detection now have better utility in detecting her. Hacked bastion in turret mode can still shoot. Junkrat can trap/mine a lone translocator. Mei can spray around hoping to find cloaked sombras.

Thing is, Sombra's EMP is easily countered by EMP as well. So in a sombra vs sombra scenario...timing is everything or the first team to assassinate the other sombra first gets the edge.

In the end this is all just theorycrafting based on what we've heard. Need to actually play to really figure it all out.

Where the redheads at.

That's the real tragedy right there.
Haven't thought about this, you're right.

Not on console.

Unscoped mode is completely worthless, I've found.
Hmm, that's not my experience at all. My default firing mode.
2 Sombra previews:

Sorry if AP.
Basically mentions every fear I've had...

Although when the dude talks about Bastion it makes me question how much he plays/how good he is.

Tovarisc

It pretty much a given she will wreck a 3/3 setup. Heavy reliance on ability use in that comp.

She also wrecks comps that require a static defense or a defense that maximizes a choke point.

Surprisingly, the heroes that have the most to gain from Sombra are defense heroes, minus torb. Hanzo and WMs detection now have better utility in detecting her. Hacked bastion in turret mode can still shoot. Junkrat can trap/mine a lone translocator. Mei can spray around hoping to find cloaked sombras.

Thing is, Sombra's EMP is easily countered by EMP as well. So in a sombra vs sombra scenario...timing is everything or the first team to assassinate the other sombra first gets the edge.

In the end this is all just theorycrafting based on what we've heard. Need to actually play to really figure it all out.

Actually hacked Bastion is forced out of his turret form, lowering his effectiveness in ongoing fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Actually hacked Bastion is forced out of his turret form, lowering his effectiveness in ongoing fight.

She has to break stealth to hack Bastion and if she's close enough to Bastion to hack him, Bastion can erase her entire existence.

Which is kind of weird they showed that in her gameplay preview. Because Bastion should win that fight every time.

Similarly with Bastion, hacking Torb's turret exposes her to Torb

Tovarisc

She has to break stealth to hack Bastion and if she's close enough to Bastion to hack him, Bastion can erase her entire existence.

Which is kind of weird they showed that in her gameplay preview. Because Bastion should win that fight every time.

Similarly with Bastion, hacking Torb's turret exposes her to Torb

You just have to pick your fig... hacks.

Tovarisc

I think her HP will get nerfed. 200 just seems very high for someone who can escape back to a health pack instantly.

If they lower her HP to lets say 150 they basically force her into very defensive / passive tactics. Having 200HP allows more aggressive use of transponder because you won't die to first sideways look from Soldier or Reaper. I still expect "Transponder on HP pack that is hacked 24/7, then poke in and out" tactic to be most used at casual level of play.

I think her HP will get nerfed. 200 just seems very high for someone who can escape back to a health pack instantly.

150 health
Make her gun have 30-40 rounds instead of 60
increase cooldowns on invisibility and Translocator from 6 to 8 seconds

She would still be useful as fuck and fun as hell to play. But at least Tracer wouldn't be completely obsolete, and she wouldn't have equal utility as a great flanker/support/and tank buster.

I mean I know Blizzard tests the hell out of things, but this really feels like they wanted everyone to love playing the new hero instead of making her even remotely balanced.

Like people are hardly talking about the health pack thing, and that alone is such a game changing part of her kit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the health pack hacking will get Bastion barrierd out of the game, honestly. Maybe not right away but if they're worried about new players getting angry, I think new players are going to get very frustrated at a game saying 'here's a health pack loljk you can't use it'

So Oasis is in the Arabian desert. In the Recall animated short, Mercy was working in what seemed to be Iraq or Kuwait. Could she maybe have been in Oasis? Perhaps we'll be getting a Mercy short to go with the map in December, that'd be pretty rad.

I think the health pack hacking will get Bastion barrierd out of the game, honestly. Maybe not right away but if they're worried about new players getting angry, I think new players are going to get very frustrated at a game saying 'here's a health pack loljk you can't use it'

I don't think so. Enemies can see hacked health packs quite easily with the massive red skull hovering on top of it. If anything, they'll reduce the time it stays hacked, but since you can realistically only have at most 3 health packs hacked simultaneously - and that requires babysitting them and thus taking yourself out of the fight to hack them - I doubt it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Damn, people want Sombra nerfed to oblivion before she even hits PTR haha.

Did you watch the stream of her being played? She has about triple the ability of any other hero in the game. It's the same issue as Ana. In an effort to make something new, the other heroes feel old and shallow by comparison.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well Reaper can do the same thing and restores health when he kills someone. I mean honestly I just want her to be released like now. Instead they are doing this bullshit to make people that went to blizzcon feel "special."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom