• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
If your team is bad those golds might not mean as much as you think.

Take a breather, and then come back with a different mindset.

Hell, just play qp and have fun without worrying about your sr, and then come back after you lose your tilt.

Yeah ended up doing that. Good way to unwind and just focus on myself and a hero to practice rather than worry about comp.

Blues1990

Those are straight numerical buffs. It looks like Symmetra is going to get a complete rework of her kit.

I'm very interested to see how Symmetra 2.0 will handle, especially if she'ss reworked to be a hard counter to Sombra's shenanigans.

Controlled Chaos VS. Symmetrical Harmony

TheExodu5

Banned
I kind of wish they would rework Lucio and give him more to do. I don't want him to be stronger, but he's just boring to play. His mobility is fun to use during escapes, but you have to keep those heals on for a lot of the time which just makes him a lot less fun to play. My favorite moments as Lucio are when I'm escaping and confusing the enemy with all the tools at my disposal. Sadly, those moments are few and far between. He just doesn't feel very rewarding to play.

DevilDog

CwgllncUcAARloM.jpg

Couldn't they google Maxwell's equations or something?

DkCPOtj.png

"It... it can't be.... I don't believe it"

Wait a minute, is Reaper white now?

Skii

I kind of wish they would rework Lucio and give him more to do. I don't want him to be stronger, but he's just boring to play. His mobility is fun to use during escapes, but you have to keep those heals on for a lot of the time which just makes him a lot less fun to play. My favorite moments as Lucio are when I'm escaping and confusing the enemy with all the tools at my disposal. Sadly, those moments are few and far between. He just doesn't feel very rewarding to play.

Lucio has a ridiculous amount of things to do already. He has to initiate every team fight, he has to protect his Ana/Zen/Mercy, he has to boop away any opponents ulting, he has to ensure his team is topped off with heals, he has to put out damage because it can be useful and finally he has to keep the payload moving.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucio has a ridiculous amount of things to do already. He has to initiate every team fight, he has to protect his Ana/Zen/Mercy, he has to boop away any opponents ulting, he has to ensure his team is topped off with heals, he has to put out damage because it can be useful and finally he has to keep the payload bumping.

ftfy

The sound design panel going on at BlizzCon is pretty interesting. Definitely one of the best aspects of the game.

Edit: Never going to be able to un-hear the squish in Roadhog's movement, lol

AngryMoth

1 win away from my career high so obviously someone quits in the first round of KotH. Then the rest of the team quits. Stop stealing my SR because of this shit pls Blizzard

DevilDog

Lucio has a ridiculous amount of things to do already. He has to initiate every team fight, he has to protect his Ana/Zen/Mercy, he has to boop away any opponents ulting, he has to ensure his team is topped off with heals, he has to put out damage because it can be useful and finally he has to keep the payload booping.
ftfy

MrPanic

Lucio has a ridiculous amount of things to do already. He has to initiate every team fight, he has to protect his Ana/Zen/Mercy, he has to boop away any opponents ulting, he has to ensure his team is topped off with heals, he has to put out damage because it can be useful and finally he has to keep the payload moving.

All of which can basically be done by staying near your team, occasionally pressing shift and and just holding left click on your enemies. He might have a lot going on strategic wise, but execution wise he's as boring as a Bastion. (I know you can get super fancy with him execution wise, but I feel like that's 9 out of 10 times unnecessary or even detrimental to the team play, and even then not that satisfying to play still)

All of which can basically be done by staying near your team, occasionally pressing shift and and just holding left click on your enemies. He might have a lot going on strategic wise, but execution wise he's as boring as a Bastion. (I know you can get super fancy with him execution wise, but I feel like that's 9 out of 10 times unnecessary or even detrimental to the team play, and even then not that satisfying to play still)
Agreed, he's pretty brain dead to play as. Ana and Zen are a lot more involved and as a result they're a lot more satisfying to play as for me.

Skii

What is a healer supposed to do, stay away from your team? lol.

Of course you can oversimplify any hero by saying "oh you just press shift sometimes and maybe a left click here or there".

I never said he was entertaining but a good Lucio has to do a lot of thinking, shot calling and protecting. It's not something I particularly enjoy and I prefer playing Zen/Ana but Lucio has a lot to do.

Lots of quitters tonight in comp. Server issues or just a lucky streak of ragequitters (it's been in my team's favor three times in a row) ?

Still managed to lose a match with the other team at 5 in rounds 3 and 4

DevilDog

Isn't he supposedly in a zombie-like state after he died?

So i did some research about how the skin changes after death. It only gets darker-blueish but black skin doesn't turn white.
It will probably be revealed later in a mercy cinematic short or something.

xaosslug

So i did some research about how the skin changes after death. It only gets darker-blueish but black skin doesn't turn white.
It will probably be revealed later in a mercy cinematic short or something.

how does skin pigment change after death and then reanimation, tho? And what's up w/ Widowmaker? ;P For all we know dude's brain is in a new body...

caesar

Banned
Someone in the "worst blizzcon ever" thread said they're gonna rework matchmaking. What does that mean exactly?

I think hes referring to s3 placement changes maybe?

Has it been bad? Ive only payed attention to the overwatch stuff.

Don't see how Shadowburn is going to get much done vs Miro Winston.

DevilDog

how does skin pigment change after death and then reanimation, tho? And what's up w/ Widowmaker? ;P For all we know dude's brain is in a new body...

Reanimation isn't possible so we don't know.
Widomaker's skin is what white skin turns into when the person dies.
We will find out for sure in some short or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When are we getting a moon map

Why is Overwatch ignoring the giant evil monkeys on the moon? This seems like a much bigger deal than robot/human relations.

Apathy

now that sombra is officially seen, I want to remind people of this

sombra_SS.jpg

Remember when people came to these forums claiming this shit was real. Remember when some of us told you that believe this to be real (and you know who you were), how fake this was.

To this day, this picture and the russian video of a stealth sombra running makes me laugh at how gullible some of the community can be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The WoW, HOTS and OW streams this Blizzcon have all been kind of nuts.

Has me hopeful about where Blizzard is at right now as a company with balance.

Satch

Banned
now that sombra is officially seen, I want to remind people of this

sombra_SS.jpg

Remember when people came to these forums claiming this shit was real. Remember when some of us told you that believe this to be real (and you know who you were), how fake this was.

To this day, this picture and the russian video of a stealth sombra running makes me laugh at how gullible some of the community can be.
I like that sombra ended up being pink and purple in the end like in this pic

The WoW, HOTS and OW streams this Blizzcon have all been kind of nuts.

Has me hopeful about where Blizzard is at right now as a company with balance.

I love how professional it is....almost on the level of like the NFL.

they are pushing the envelope of the whole presentation of E-sports.

edit: Damn, CRUSHED russia on Kings row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom