• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

now that sombra is officially seen, I want to remind people of this

sombra_SS.jpg

Remember when people came to these forums claiming this shit was real. Remember when some of us told you that believe this to be real (and you know who you were), how fake this was.

To this day, this picture and the russian video of a stealth sombra running makes me laugh at how gullible some of the community can be.

I remember when people wanted Sombra to not exist and her being some sort of God's AI or an omnic, in the end, the newspaper we had about Sombra was true since day one, nice shot Blizzard.

Even better with the screenshot you posted, there was some sort of things you had to do in order to trigger her appearance on Dorado, I don't remember the steps but it was on par with Mew under the truck, fun times!also, never forget the sky song. ( the logo appeared during the convention, loved it!)

I remember when people wanted Sombra to not exist and her being some sort of God's AI or an omnic, in the end, the newspaper we had about Sombra was true since day one, nice shot Blizzard.

Even better with the screenshot you posted, there was some sort of things you had to do in order to trigger her appearance on Dorado, I don't remember the steps but it was on par with Mew under the truck, fun times!also, never forget the sky song. ( the logo appeared during the convention, loved it!)

Zenyatta's sitting down/meditation ult - if you listen to the orbs, it plays the Skysong.

Ramirez

Is that Reaper statue a Blizzcon thing, or is it just a one time piece they're showing off on the desk? My kid would love that in his room, lol.

You must be new to eSports scene of Blizzard games.

well I've been following blizzard esports starting with Hots when they started doing Hots tournaments.

they seemed to have improved greatly on the presentation since all the Hots tourneys. It's just. Everything just flows alot better, its smoother, and less cheesier.

Never followed warcraft or starcraft shit cause I never cared about esports then.

Skyzard

Banned
Poor Russia.

Also that Sombra short was so good. I could easily watch a full Overwatch movie.

Bring on Sombra. Had so many Bastion picks today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lots of gaming sites telling people to go do 15 games in HOTS now to get the Oni Genji skin not realizing that the event isn't active until the 15th.

Research is hard.

Fancolors

Poor Russia.

Also that Sombra short was so good. I could easily watch a full Overwatch movie.

Bring on Sombra. Had so many Bastion picks today.
Blizzard already stated Overwatch is supposed to be a multimedia project. And dipped their toes on movies with Warcraft. I give two years till they announce a movie of sorts.

I mean, the lore seems to revolve around an inevitable crisis coming. That's a pretty good movie material there

As I said in the thread in the main gaming forums, South Korea was definitely going to take this and I am not surprised Russia got destroyed.

Russia's side of the bracket was comparably easy, and they struggled against teams like France at times, while South Korea just dominated and shot down every single favourite team without losing a single map.
The odds were stacked against Russia.

Rize_21

Just got home, what did I miss guys?
Was it really a bigger stomp then against Australia lol?
Well a stomp is a stomp, they knew how to shut down Shadowburn so it was expected sadly :(, that said Australia hold the crown, that match was too funny to watch.

Well a stomp is a stomp, they knew how to shut down Shadowburn so it was expected sadly :(, that said Australia hold the crown, that match was too funny to watch.

Unfixed brang out torb on the last push so take that as you will but id say the Australia stomp was worse cause it just turned into bullying nanoboosting Symmetra.

Yh I mean Miro is so damn good as Winston it was always gonna be a massive ask for Russia to do anything. Plus yh I guess the people saying it was more of a stomp than against Australia may just be caught up in the moment.
My favorite moment of the tournament was Miro just absolutely taking the piss with his primal rage in Anubis against Australia lol. The Zarya ult against America was also awesome.

Ozium

I hope someone in the Q&A asks them about leaver penalties. IMO they are too lenient and habitual leavers need to be placed into their own queue so they can be miserable together.

Had 3 games in a row the other day in which a grouped up duo left 1m30s - 2 mins into round 1, in games where things were going normally... then it becomes 4v6 and we, of course, get stomped... lost 30sr each game for a total of 90sr due to losses completely out of my control. disgusting.

it feels like the teammates who choose to stay get more of a penalty for being good sports than the leavers do (primarily because they obviously don't care) and yet nothing is done about it.

Blizz says "we don't want a situation where teammates will ask people on their team to leave near the end to mitigate SR loss" which I really think is paranoid and doubt it would happen as often as blizzard thinks (and again, if leavers had to queue up with other leavers, it would happen less)

why not adjust SR loss due to players leaving depending on when they left? if someone left and we are getting steamrolled is one thing, but when people leave as soon as possible for the match to continue, then why am I getting shafted because of their fuckery?

1 win away from my career high so obviously someone quits in the first round of KotH. Then the rest of the team quits. Stop stealing my SR because of this shit pls Blizzard

this.. blizzard either doesn't give a shit or are incapable of critical thinking

pizzacat

Banned
Lots of gaming sites telling people to go do 15 games in HOTS now to get the Oni Genji skin not realizing that the event isn't active until the 15th.

Research is hard.
Getting dem clicks
Giving blizz those unnecessary clicks
Making sure people waste time clicking on a moba

Prelude.

I meant all the new options you'll have in terms of matchmaking sorry :c
I see. Thanks.

now that sombra is officially seen, I want to remind people of this

https://s16.postimg.org/5zke1yfr9/sombra_SS.jpg[IMG]

Remember when people came to these forums claiming this shit was real. Remember when some of us told you that believe this to be real (and you know who you were), how fake this was.

To this day, this picture and the russian video of a stealth sombra running makes me laugh at how gullible some of the community can be.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't one of them, but, to be fair, the 90s CG screencap that leaked yesterday looked less believable than this.

Things that need to be asked in the Q&A:
When does the digital version of the damn graphic novel come out, it's supposed to be this month, but they haven't said anything (not even in the Blizzard publishing panel!!), and details on the Symmetra rework.

Azoor

IOT7I We're All Sombra now.

It's gonna be fitting because we're gonna see Sombra stacks like we did with Ana, unless they roll out the Arcade more update at the same time.

Watching Stylosa's 2nd round of gameplay of Sombra

Mercy's beams are invisible when they're targetting a cloaked Sombra
Hack gets interrupted when it's out of LOS or when Sombra takes damage. It needs like 1 second on target for it to go through.
EMP is LOS dependant

I came back to the game after a few months not playing much. Wtf did Mei get a buff? Why is she everywhere?

Mei was already everywhere, even before she was buffed. The buff was in part a reaction to her not seeing much tournament play and also in reaction to the 3 Tank/3 Support meta that had began its rise at the time. The Mei ult is a fairly good counter to a Ana-charged Rein, but the pro teams realized Reaper was a better target anyways. I still don't think she's good in a group of randoms, but she is obviously useful in pro games.

Blues1990

Lucio has a ridiculous amount of things to do already. He has to initiate every team fight, he has to protect his Ana/Zen/Mercy, he has to boop away any opponents ulting, he has to ensure his team is topped off with heals, he has to put out damage because it can be useful and finally he has to keep the payload moving.
I would love if Lucio's alt. fire could deflect Roadhog's stupid hook. I can't even enjoy playing Lucio when every team has one for the sole purpose to kill Lucio. It's boring to stay behind Reinhardt's shield or whatever to only use a small percentage of his tool kit, when in fact I want to do more with him instead of healing & speed boosting ungreatful dickheads who spam "I need healing."

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I just need to main Tracer. I do so much better with her than anyone else. And it's so much fun to break down a defensive line (Reinhardt) with her ult.

I wish I could play Genji...but I'm awful with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom