• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
On an interesting tangent, before the Lucio/Zen meta happened ideas like this were beign tossed around pretty frequently. Old Mercy rez+Lucio had some fun potential to create beefy teams that just kept on going and had rez up every 10 seconds and so on. There was always potential for this type of thing to exist really. During the Lucio/Zen days, everybody was in full copycat mode because that strategy was honestly very easy to replicate. Lower skilled teams started winning off the backs of carries and just practicing a single strat way too often.

NiP started this strat /during/ the Lucio/Zen days. This is something that probably had real viability during that patch cycle thanks to Ana existing against the hyper carry support combos. Triple support was a thing back in beta, and the concept was similar you just had more broken supports rushing you down. So thi shas always been something the game systems enable you to do, people just hadn't figured it out yet because they were tunnel visioned elsewhere. NRG did get close a couple times, but I have a suspicion they have other problems that stopped them from getting to it.

What are your thoughts on the latest reunited vs misfits game? Misfits seem to have broken reunited's NiP strat with 3dps, and reunited recently beat nip at their own game. Then they both don't seem to favor the NiP strat after that, especially on 2cp.

Fudgeeee

Made a 0-2 comeback in control ny playing mei. I know I carried my weak ass team because i ulted twice to save the loss.

Enemy team decides to play mei too in round 5 and wrecks us.

We need someone like the Heavy in TF2 we have no heroes who are mobile and can also pump out damage in a similar manner to Bastion. Of course that sounds like a tank character, who would also be the tank buster?

In a game like Overwatch being immobile is just too big a drawback. No matter how much damage Bastion did he'd always be held back by being stationary. Less damage and mobile would be much better.

Anne

I think it's healthy there's a back and forth there, but at the same time I do think there is more to that comp going on than what's there. I don'the think 3/3 is unshakable but there's a lot going on there that isn't very healthy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We need someone like the Heavy in TF2 we have no heroes who are mobile and can also pump out damage in a similar manner to Bastion. Of course that sounds like a tank character, who would also be the tank buster?

In a game like Overwatch being immobile is just too big a drawback. No matter how much damage Bastion did he'd always be held back by being stationary. Less damage and mobile would be much better.

New bastion buff: zarya can carry him in turret mode.

I'm growing rather fond of double supports but not for the obvious health benefit reasons.

I've noticed that supports watch each others back. On Eichenwalde our team pushed into the castle through the right doorway with an angry Zarya as the first line of defence.
As she puts her bubble on the DPS brigade just run on ahead ignoring her, she sets her sights on my Zenny boy.

All I can do is back away and hope for help, as my body crumples to the floor I see something incredible start. Our Mercy who was ready to run ahead with the rest can't let this injustice stand, she turns around with her pistol out and starts running back.
My feed cuts off here as I think "go get 'em champ!" under the impression she's done for.
Then in the kill feed I notice Mercy>Zarya.

I could've wept tears of joy, mah support brethren! that avenging power!

I'm growing rather fond of double supports but not for the obvious health benefit reasons.

I've noticed that supports watch each others back.

You're not wrong. If I play Zenyatta and there's also a Mercy on the team, I tend to keep an eye on her and toss her a harmony orb of necessary.

Azoor

D.va is sort of like that, she is very mobile and can take a lot of damage and can even swallow some ultimates with her DM, plus she has infinite ammo.

Although her damage output is only effective in close range.

ISOM

Eliminate turret mode, give him dual guns at a lower damage output. I always thought his turret mode looked stupid and didn't make sense.

Menome

I'm about to hit Level 25, but I think my placement matches can wait. Having too much fun on Mobawatch and should really make sure I'm as practiced as possible.

When does Season 2 end?

We don't even need some crazy damage output tank buster honestly. Some kind of DPS hero who's gun went through Rein and Winston shields and defense matrix (maybe not even that because D.Va isn't really a problem right now.) and had decent range might be enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Torb can use his hammer to heal bastion now.

This will lead to a situation where the only way to break the zarya/bastion/torb defense is for sombra to plant a sapper on bastion.

torbjorn would continue to beat bastion after the sapper was removed

and zarya would encourage it

I wonder how Blizzard will respond to the rush of huge FPS games this Fall. Blizzard does not strike me as a company that is going to lose a huge share of its audience without putting up a fight. We already saw them start season 2 early when the Battlefield One beta started.
Maybe on console people will leave but probably not PC. Blizzard's games on PC always retain player populations beautifully.

I mean, Legacy of the Void sold 1 million copies on its first day. 5 years after StarCraft 2 came out. And this was on the same day that Fallout 4 came out.

BigDug13

Is Heavy really mobile? Never playedTF2, only Team Fortress Classic mod for Halflife 1. He was pretty slow in that game.

Or you just mean non stationary? I guess fully charged Zayra kinda fits that but needs full charge.

Azoor

Is Heavy really mobile? Never playedTF2, only Team Fortress Classic mod for Halflife 1. He was pretty slow in that game.

Or you just mean non stationary? I guess fully charged Zayra kinda fits that but needs full charge.

He is mobile, although his weapon needs to actually spin before it can fire anything, while the weapon's barrel spins, the heavy becomes slow. Think of it how D.va becomes slow while firing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He is mobile, although his weapon needs to actually spin before it can fire anything, while the weapon's barrel spins, the heavy becomes slow. Think of it how D.va becomes slow while firing.

I mean

He's still insanely slow even compared to Roadhog even when not spinning the minigun

Eh, I wouldn't want them to just rip off the Heavy from TF2. Make a tank buster but have it be something unique. People compare this game to TF2 a little too much as it is.

I, personally, want another Melee character. A sword or a glaive character would be awesome.

I need to go more in depth on that melee character idea I came up with a while ago. I just keep forgetting to. Might do it sometime next week. Maybe.

Maybe a tank buster that is also a melee character?

Plesiades

as much as i love Ifrit, I really need a new Zen skin

Mondatta skin.
Tekhartha-Mondatta.jpg

RemiLP

Has there been any big tournaments since the Atlantic showdown thing? Or any comming up soon?

Enjoyed watching that and would love to see another one.

Azoor

Eh, I wouldn't want them to just rip off the Heavy from TF2. Make a tank buster but have it be something unique. People compare this game to TF2 a little too much as it is.

I, personally, want another Melee character. A sword or a glaive character would be awesome.

I need to go more in depth on that melee character idea I came up with a while ago. I just keep forgetting to. Might do it sometime next week. Maybe.

Maybe a tank buster that is also a melee character?

I think Doomfist will be a melee character.

Downloading the PTR now... So happy they finally decided to touch Widowmaker again. Crazy how many characters have been adjusted multiple times since they nerfed her. I think next they should look at Symmetra (more for a tweak/rework than straight buffs) and some of the other defense heroes.

Redmoon

Liking the more dynamic UI/Menu's on PTR.

Career Profile looks the best of all of em, specially with how it animates at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom