• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torbjorn makes AI, they obviously go rogue, because we can't have anything else with AI it seems, team overwatch gathers and beats them.
After that they keep being overwatch, now protecting the weak, upholding the law etc etc.

A while later some little shits don't like it that overwatch is so good, so they spread rumors about them being so evil, that the public requests they disband.
Shortly after, reaper pre edge™ explodes overwatch HQ, killing soldier 76, only not really.

Overwatch disbands. Oh and robots are parts of our society in monk form, because they have, ahem ''trancended'' their original purpose as tools.

The rest can be found in the Blizzard cinematics.

Where do I watch the Torbjorn stuff?

Torbjorn makes AI, they obviously go rogue, because we can't have anything else with AI it seems, team overwatch gathers and beats them.
After that they keep being overwatch, now protecting the weak, upholding the law etc etc.

A while later some little shits don't like it that overwatch is so good, so they spread rumors about them being so evil, that the public requests they disband.
Shortly after, reaper pre edge™ explodes overwatch HQ, killing soldier 76, only not really.

Overwatch disbands. Oh and robots are parts of our society in monk form, because they have, ahem ''trancended'' their original purpose as tools.

The rest can be found in the Blizzard cinematics.
When was Torb the one to make the AI? Thought that was some company called Omnicorp?

Also, pretty sure those rumors were true. I think Reaper and Widow were doing some shady stuff and that's why they got all the bad attention.

^^ there is no Torb short. Just lore that is provided by Blizz. If you go to the OP, there is some lore stuff there. Also, that video you linked has all the shorts.

Tovarisc

Anyone else want feature that allows us mix and match hero and weapon skins? E.g. plague doctor skin for Reaper himself, but shotguns from default.

komaruR

Gonna get used to keyboard and mouse before I get into any games with others so I don't pull them down with me.

i dont think any1 mind lol. it just qp not competitive
btw, just slowly find your comfort sensitivity. i personally play on slightly higher sensitivity like around 3"/360 since Im more accustom to just moving my wrist instead of the arm.

adamy

Banned
PS4 bros: any of you remap your buttons?

I need to make some changes and am looking for some examples of people's layouts

Jump def needs to be moved, I can't jump while aiming given the default layout

I also feel like R3 is not responsive enough for melee

Thoughts?

Veelk

Banned
I haven't played in a while, but it's good to see Widow getting a buff, but that's just not going to help all that much on consoles. And why is her grapple CD still 12 goddamn seconds?

antitrop

cMCuuai.gif

That feeling when you take a careful flanking route as Reaper to take the enemy by surprise, but the entire enemy team just rushes directly to the payload so the rest of your team just slaughters them and you win without having to do anything.

Sitting is the new meta?

I-hate-u

I need to make some changes and am looking for some examples of people's layouts

Thoughts?

You're right about the jump. For most characters I have that mapped to L2. It is like a must with Lucio. R3 is fine for melee for me.

cyborg009

Banned
I haven't played in a while, but it's good to see Widow getting a buff, but that's just not going to help all that much on consoles. And why is her grapple CD still 12 goddamn seconds?

cutting it down to 8 or 6 would be great and not overwhelming.

Thoughts?
Yeah I've started remapping my buttons. Most of my heroes use the standard setup but some of them I've started tweaking. They tend to vary. Like, I swapped jump to L1 and Sleep Dart to X on Ana so I can jump and aim at the same time. But then I put jump on L2 for Hanzo and out both his arrow abilities on the bumpers. It sounds weird but it's pretty easy to reorient myself during the 60 seconds before each match begins. I recently tweaked Genji's layout and I'm pretty happy with the results.

ISOM

Probably because Blizzard doesn't want a sniper to dominate matches. Having one shot ability and high maneuverability with a low cooldown would make her overpowered and annoy every other nonsniper.

Thoughts?

I literally remapped everything today for every hero.

I hope I dont get confused. Ive been playing with L1 to jump and triangle for ultimates, but I micromanaged every hero today after 40 hours

Triangle, R3, L2 are all ultimates for various heroes for me now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The only way to get 90% of Ana's to heal you

giphy.gif

Sweet dreams, OW-GAF.

Veelk

Banned
Probably because Blizzard doesn't want a sniper to dominate matches. Having one shot ability and high maneuverability with a low cooldown would make her overpowered and annoy every other nonsniper.

Not on consoles, I can guarentee you. Besides, I'm not asking her to have infinite grappling like Soldier or anything, but something like 6 seconds would allow her to move around much better and that's something that she desperately needs. She doesn't have to dominate the game, but she is the single most worthless character in the game right now. She needs a major boost. You can go overboard, but she's way too weak right now.

ISOM

Not on consoles, I can guarentee you. Besides, I'm not asking her to have infinite grappling like Soldier or anything, but something like 6 seconds would allow her to move around much better and that's something that she desperately needs. She doesn't have to dominate the game, but she is the single most worthless character in the game right now. She needs a major boost. You can go overboard, but she's way too weak right now.

Oh console, I can understand but that would break the game on pc with the upcoming buff to her.

I just don't understand people. End up getting matched with a 5-stack in quick play on Numbani. I've got 80+ hours in Support characters so I've been trying to practice my Genji. My friend says I need to lock my hero in early otherwise I can't be upset when no one goes healer. So I lock Genji in first. Two of the group of 5 go Genji, one goes McCree, two go Mercy. We get stomped. Two minutes into the match the McCree goes Mercy too. Like, I just don't understand.

aeolist

Banned
every single comp game for the last few nights has been a drawn-out draining ordeal where i barely win or lose

actually winning some tonight was pretty good, i had a couple of godly roadhog games

i think the best part about roadhog is that you can almost feel the enemy team getting more and more tilted as you just bludgeon through them

matmanx1

Anyone up for a group?

h3xantistyle#1975

I already jumped out for the night but I see you got my friend request. I'm down for QP or Comp matches.

giphy.gif

Sweet dreams, OW-GAF.

HAHA! I love it.

Also, a miracle just happened. I just won a game on Anubis 2-1 with a sub 2000 SR rank team! Today, I close out my Overwatch application with a smile on my face!

Tovarisc

every single comp game for the last few nights has been a drawn-out draining ordeal where i barely win or lose

actually winning some tonight was pretty good, i had a couple of godly roadhog games

i think the best part about roadhog is that you can almost feel the enemy team getting more and more tilted as you just bludgeon through them

That bullshit called hook is really good at causing some tilt for sure. Broken bullshit pulling you through payloads, walls, cars while catching you around corners. Tilt and salt in one skill.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I started playing ana more and really like her.

If I want to get good with her should I put in a couple of hours with her in quickplay then get into competitive?

Or just jump straight into competitive?

I mostly play competitive and enjoy they team comps more than quick play

mollipen

I'm growing rather fond of double supports but not for the obvious health benefit reasons.

I've noticed that supports watch each others back.

In the times that I've been playing Zenyatta, I keep wondering if I'm freaking the other support out by healing them and helping to watch their backs. As a Mercy main, I know I'm not used to kindness, so if I had someone doing that to me I know it'd catch me by surprise.

Tovarisc

In the times that I've been playing Zenyatta, I keep wondering if I'm freaking the other support out by healing them and helping to watch their backs. As a Mercy main, I know I'm not used to kindness, so if I had someone doing that to me I know it'd catch me by surprise.

One time when I was playing Mercy I met this cool Zen player. We just hang together, healed shit and shredded anyone who tried to harass us :D I can only imagine how confused that random Reaper must have felt when two healers head on attack at him, then kill him. But yeah, as Mercy it's surprising and cool at same time when someone helps you out actively.

I started playing ana more and really like her.

If I want to get good with her should I put in a couple of hours with her in quickplay then get into competitive?

Or just jump straight into competitive?

I mostly play competitive and enjoy they team comps more than quick play

You pretty much need to play Ana as much as possible really. She's all about gamesense. I've seen many Ana's with great aim do horribly because they spent more time shooting than healing. Or really good defensive Ana's spend more time healing than shooting. Or some Nanoboosting at the wrong time. Or why sleep dart the enemy Winston on the point when your Mercy just got Rein charged and is rushing towards you also. Gamesense for Ana can literally make or break the match.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
You pretty much need to play Ana as much as possible really. She's all about gamesense. I've seen many Ana's with great aim do horribly because they spent more time shooting than healing. Or really good defensive Ana's spend more time healing than shooting. Or some Nanoboosting at the wrong time. Or why sleep dart the enemy Winston on the point when your Mercy just got Rein charged and is rushing towards you also. Gamesense for Ana can literally make or break the match.

thanks alot really appreciate your input

The sleep dart one is easy. Got it on a hog. The enabler one is dependant on your team so it can be hard if you have bad teammates. One of the Reinhardts I boosted just sat on the payload the whole time with his shield.

Had the opposite- TWICE- today in a match. Ana boosted me as Rein and there was no one around. I never get "Nano panic" because I figure it's a chance to get some vengeance on squishies and other annoyances, and I love an excuse to swing my hammer. But the panic when you get nanoed and see no one in front of you is terrible. I was running around the payload, swinging, figuring there was someone sneaking up on us. Nope. Both times I was a glowing, drunken German with no one to hit. It's not right.

TLDR: Thanks for the hammer blue balls, Ana.

giphy.gif

Sweet dreams, OW-GAF.

This is the best thing I've seen all night. I'm laughing so hard. I love Junkrat.

I just don't understand people. End up getting matched with a 5-stack in quick play on Numbani. I've got 80+ hours in Support characters so I've been trying to practice my Genji. My friend says I need to lock my hero in early otherwise I can't be upset when no one goes healer. So I lock Genji in first. Two of the group of 5 go Genji, one goes McCree, two go Mercy. We get stomped. Two minutes into the match the McCree goes Mercy too. Like, I just don't understand.

Sounds like the group of 5 was just having fun. Maybe you accidentally wandered into a streamer match where they were just dicking around with 3 Genji 3 Mercy.

Sounds like the group of 5 was just having fun. Maybe you accidentally wandered into a streamer match where they were just dicking around with 3 Genji 3 Mercy.
Hard to say. I feel like if they were just messing around they would have been very active around the capture point or grouped up somewhere secluded and jumping around each other, but they were pretty scattered about and almost looked afk.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
QP is in a pretty tricky spot right now. People take it as a place to mess around, a place they want to take seriously because they don't like the stress of comp, and a place to practice, and all 3 don't really jive together that well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
QP is in a pretty tricky spot right now. People take it as a place to mess around, a place they want to take seriously because they don't like the stress of comp, and a place to practice, and all 3 don't really jive together that well.

This will get some flack in here but honestly I think it's because of stuff like MasterOverwatch

Because despite blizzard not having a scoreboard and trying to say, 'it's not that kind of game' both in-game and through third party sites using their API, you can see your performance. Everything matters even in quick play because you don't want to have someone go on your Master overwatch and say 'oh this guy has shit accuracy' when you were just dumping in the air for fun on quick play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom