• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

Might take a while to get good on PC. Any settings I should be using or any PC specific tips?
With McCrees critial hit% is that a % of all shots or only shots that hit.

Lower your sensitivity. You should be around 800 dpi and 6-7 sensitivity for starters.
Also don't aim all the time with your wrist, you will do damage over time, rest your arm on your table and use your wrist for precision movements and your whole arm for 180 snaps etc.

Also lower your graphics as much as you can to get the most FPS you can. Ideally you should always be above 144 fps. Keep your monitors resolution.

The issue is that he's just not gonna get good chances to sword against 3/3. Like, sword isn't killing any tank in an organized fight. He has to kill supports, which means he has to extend into them, and he has to have the ult economy in his favor to get value from sword. Like, yay sword got a Lucio ult. Zen still has his ult, Ana is still doing her healing and having 80 ults, and so on. That's even if the sword is worth it to attempt, which it usually isn't. Not saying it can't be done, but it's pretty unlikely.

FYI for people interested, the best way to fight 3/3 is to do 3/3 or 4/2 yourself, or try to play 3 DPS with a Reaper or something and just focus things down so fast the nanoboost snowball party never starts. That's not exactly stable though. It might be with the nerf maybe.

I see, i think i read it here but 3 dps seems to have the most luck. I hope meta doesnt stick too long, Its not very interesting to me.

They could make Zen a monster again and buff him back that would be nice :3

Anne

On an interesting tangent, before the Lucio/Zen meta happened ideas like this were beign tossed around pretty frequently. Old Mercy rez+Lucio had some fun potential to create beefy teams that just kept on going and had rez up every 10 seconds and so on. There was always potential for this type of thing to exist really. During the Lucio/Zen days, everybody was in full copycat mode because that strategy was honestly very easy to replicate. Lower skilled teams started winning off the backs of carries and just practicing a single strat way too often.

NiP started this strat /during/ the Lucio/Zen days. This is something that probably had real viability during that patch cycle thanks to Ana existing against the hyper carry support combos. Triple support was a thing back in beta, and the concept was similar you just had more broken supports rushing you down. So thi shas always been something the game systems enable you to do, people just hadn't figured it out yet because they were tunnel visioned elsewhere. NRG did get close a couple times, but I have a suspicion they have other problems that stopped them from getting to it.

Trey

ReasonableDelightfulHookersealion.gif

Just need some Jaws music to go with it.

This is what it sounds like to me:

The current mode is that the further you push the stick, the quicker you turn at a standard rate.

The new mode is that most of the range of the stick will be low sensitivity, so you can aim without turning as much, until you mash the stick toward the outer limits of it, when it flips over and lets you turn quickly.

Or something.

Yeah, one thing I noticed is that the game needs some deadzone controls. I understand this was a thing back in the N64 days when the analog stick was off center, but now days you can either fix that shit by replacing the analog stick or buy a new controller. The only workaround is making your sensitivity higher... which I'm not a fan of. Very curious to try this because I have the low sensitivity to aim better, but the flip side is I can't turn around fast enough (a big issue, my tank vs tracer).

antitrop

Brazzers Presents: Oversnatch A XXX Parody (OFFICIAL TRAILER 2016)

It's safe for work. Except for the dildo.

A grudge match is waged between players Danny (Danny D) and Aletta (Aletta Ocean) in an abandoned strip club as a sniper class femme fatale is pitted against an assault class grim reaper to prove once and for all whether it requires more skill to quickscope an enemy, or take out a sniper from far with short range weapons. It’s a battle of speed, accuracy, and endurance as the femme fatale, without a team to back her up, must deliver the payload solo. She’s got to go hardcore to get out of this deathmatch unscathed.

Jellie

Lower your sensitivity. You should be around 800 dpi and 6-7 sensitivity for starters.
Also don't aim all the time with your wrist, you will do damage over time, rest your arm on your table and use your wrist for precision movements and your whole arm for 180 snaps etc.

Also lower your graphics as much as you can to get the most FPS you can. Ideally you should always be above 144 fps. Keep your monitors resolution.
My mouse only has options for 1000, 1500 and 2000 unfortunately. What would be the equivalent at 1000? Was using 10 sensitivity so will change it. What about tracer should I keep it the same as other characters. On PS4 I used to have a much higher sensitivity with her.
Unfortunately I got this monitor a while ago for my PS4/general use at university so its refresh rate is only 60 as I didn't know any better before and PS4 wouldn't go over 60FPS anyway. Should I cap my FPS at 60 then? I am getting around 120 on max settings right now.

Jellie

We keep losing ps4 people to PC. :(
Feels good. Come on over. :D I'll probably still play a bit on PS4 here and there since my girlfriend is still there I guess plus I have nobody on PC yet.
I'll never double dip on PC unless there's a really good sale or the cosmetic unlocks carry over.
Not gonna lie, it feels bad having no skins or coins. The olympic ones not so much (except Zarya) since they weren't too good.

I wonder how Blizzard will respond to the rush of huge FPS games this Fall. Blizzard does not strike me as a company that is going to lose a huge share of its audience without putting up a fight. We already saw them start season 2 early when the Battlefield One beta started.

I really don't think any kind of update would pull people away from BF1 or CoD, and way better plan is to just make people enjoy Overwatch enough that they never leave in the first place. Which doesn't coincide very well with a Blizzcon content update. BF1 is a few weeks before and CoD is during.

My guess is a few days before BF1 (Oct. 20) we get the Halloween update. New skins, some kind of graveyard or haunted house map and a fun new Halloween themed game mode. They could blow their whole load and put Sombra in and maybe a few other things in at the same time. Or they could release Sombra at Blizzon to keep all the of the Halloween people around and stop people from being tempted by the new CoD. And then make Blizzcon more about the future of Overwatch, new character silhouettes, map locations, whatever.

I think it'd be nieve to say that Blizzard doesn't care about other games and will just do their own thing, but I guess we can't know for sure. Either way, I expect something substantial in mid October before the expected Blizzcon update.

DevilDog

Reaper is perfect.

6/9

My mouse only has options for 1000, 1500 and 2000 unfortunately. What would be the equivalent at 1000? Was using 10 sensitivity so will change it. What about tracer should I keep it the same as other characters. On PS4 I used to have a much higher sensitivity with her.
Unfortunately I got this monitor a while ago for my PS4/general use at university so its refresh rate is only 60 as I didn't know any better before and PS4 wouldn't go over 60FPS anyway. Should I cap my FPS at 60 then? I am getting around 120 on max settings right now.

Go for 1000 dps and 6 sens. Play a bit, see what suits you. You should keep the same sensitivity for all characters so you can be more consistent. Don't be alarmed if you have to do a big swipe with your mouse for a 180.

Doesn't matter if your monitor isn't 144 hz. Aiming and movement is more responsive and more satisfying with higher FPS. Lower your settings and go for a stable 144+ fps.

Oh and please get a mic, you'll get a bit of nagging from your team if you're off comms.

Feels good. Come on over. :D I'll probably still play a bit on PS4 here and there since my girlfriend is still there I guess plus I have nobody on PC yet.

I have no interest in playing Overwatch on my Surface Pro 4. lol

And I know all the unlocks are cosmetic, but I really wouldn't want to start over at square one.

I think I'm happy on console. Thing I would like the most is typing to the chat. Not to coordinate or anything. I just thing it would be awesome to have a line of communication to the enemy team.

Jellie

Reaper is perfect.

6/9

Go for 1000 dps and 6 sens. Play a bit, see what suits you. You should keep the same sensitivity for all characters so you can be more consistent. Don't be alarmed if you have to do a big swipe with your mouse for a 180.

Doesn't matter if your monitor isn't 144 hz. Aiming and movement is more responsive and more satisfying with higher FPS. Lower your settings and go for a stable 144+ fps.

Oh and please get a mic, you'll get a bit of nagging from your team if you're off comms.
Probably do 5.5 first.
Thought it wouldn't display unless I had a monitor capable of doing it? I'll check my settings then to get 144+.
Got a mic just not using it with people who just got the game. Will use it at a later time.
I have no interest in playing Overwatch on my Surface Pro 4. lol

And I know all the unlocks are cosmetic, but I really wouldn't want to start over at square one.

I think I'm happy on console. Thing I would like the most is typing to the chat. Not to coordinate or anything. I just thing it would be awesome to have a line of communication to the enemy team.
Yeah it's pretty nice to have chat. Bit worried about toxicity. Did a few AI games and the genji demanded I ana ulted him and when they were unable to take the first point for a while the junkrat got a bit pissy but in an actual quick game people messaged good job and stuff at the end so evens out.

xaosslug

"that's so gay! OMG, this is gay! This is so fucking GAY!" etc

over chat, all the while calling nothing out. Just constant whining when killed, about the S76 "get off my ass, bro. This is so fucking gay!" in particular. So, this is why I need to be on mic? x_x Suffice it to say WE LOST.

Plesiades

Don't remember the v2.3 but the Sombra text has definitely been there.

Just checked. That screen is clean in the live client.

The "hacked" screens at the Lumérico plant only had the "Protocolo Sombra". No version number, but the background is a copy paste.

DevilDog

There are toxic people here and there, but please don't abandon the whole team chat. Block the bastards and communicate with the rest of us. It's the best way to deal with things.

Probably do 5.5 first.
Thought it wouldn't display unless I had a monitor capable of doing it? I'll check my settings then to get 144+.
Got a mic just not using it with people who just got the game. Will use it at a later time.

Yeah it's pretty nice to have chat. Bit worried about toxicity. Did a few AI games and the genji demanded I ana ulted him and when they were unable to take the first point for a while the junkrat got a bit pissy but in an actual quick game people messaged good job and stuff at the end so evens out.

It won't display 144 hz, but you will notice a big difference in your input.
Yeah, I meant to say to use your mic on comp.

Jellie

There are toxic people here and there, but please don't abandon the whole team chat. Block the bastards and communicate with the rest of us. It's the best way to deal with things.

It won't display 144 hz, but you will notice a big difference in your input.
Yeah, I meant to say to use your mic on comp.

Yeah I won't block.
Ok I've put it down from epic to ultra so should be ok with the fps now.
Had a decent Ana game. Got her achievement, enabler, my first on PC. Healed 8k (40% of team damage) :)
EDIT: Thanks for the 6 sensitivity suggestion. Accuracy was 59% and got 15/25 crits on kills with McCree.

Blu(e)

Just checked. That screen is clean in the live client.

The "hacked" screens at the Lumérico plant only had the "Protocolo Sombra". No version number, but the background is a copy paste.

My mistake. Thought the first shot was Dorado. I'm not going to get too excited. They can tease the character all they want but I won't care until they actually release her/him.

"that's so gay! OMG, this is gay! This is so fucking GAY!" etc

over chat, all the while calling nothing out. Just constant whining when killed, about the S76 "get off my ass, bro. This is so fucking gay!" in particular. So, this is why I need to be on mic? x_x Suffice it to say WE LOST.

You lost the moment you took everyone off mute.

Meanwhile at Volskaya Industries...
The usual number 23.

The only thing that will get me to ever play this on PC is if they had a similar free weekend like they did on console. It would be interesting to see how I would fair with a mouse and keyboard. Still wouldn't buy it, but it would be a fun experience. I can't get myself to just lose all the progress I've made just to play on PC. Too much to lose out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom