• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmoon

QP is in a pretty tricky spot right now. People take it as a place to mess around, a place they want to take seriously because they don't like the stress of comp, and a place to practice, and all 3 don't really jive together that well.

All the more reason to have a casual comp(same as comp but no SR) mode along side QP and Comp. Seems like it'd solve those issues. QP for fun/messing around/trying new stuff. Casual comp for a place to practice while under a better rule system while not having the stress of competitive. And Comp for everyone else.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This will get some flack in here but honestly I think it's because of stuff like MasterOverwatch

Because despite blizzard not having a scoreboard and trying to say, 'it's not that kind of game' both in-game and through third party sites using their API, you can see your performance. Everything matters even in quick play because you don't want to have someone go on your Master overwatch and say 'oh this guy has shit accuracy' when you were just dumping in the air for fun on quick play

Which they kinda did away with by not showing loss stats for QP, but yeah, I dunno.

Plesiades

This will get some flack in here but honestly I think it's because of stuff like MasterOverwatch

Because despite blizzard not having a scoreboard and trying to say, 'it's not that kind of game' both in-game and through third party sites using their API, you can see your performance. Everything matters even in quick play because you don't want to have someone go on your Master overwatch and say 'oh this guy has shit accuracy' when you were just dumping in the air for fun on quick play

I think that those sites just use your profile on PlayOverwatch to collect data. Who knows if Blizzard decides to pull them someday.

You can easily see your team stats by going to the Social page tho...

Plesiades

So someone said that Symm has a new voice line mentioning her TP having 10 charges.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749345625

Oh wow. Now that would be something...
I would really like to see how she would work by giving her ult charge while the teleporter is up but at a slower rate.

There are some really interesting lines there:

BigDug13

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749355519

Can anyone here test this? This guys saying Ana's grenade heals 200 HP now.

The video clip on his post was clear. At least 180 healing due to his damage sustained. It might be more than 200 hps for all we know since the test was on a mostly damaged 200 hp character.

If that's the case, I'm curious how much damage it does tI enemies now. 200 health seems like a lot.

Aletta Ocean

whoo.png

maomaoIYP

PS4 bros: any of you remap your buttons?

I need to make some changes and am looking for some examples of people's layouts

Jump def needs to be moved, I can't jump while aiming given the default layout

I also feel like R3 is not responsive enough for melee

Thoughts?
R3 is fine for melee. All my characters have slightly different button setups. It works fine because every character has a different kit. Jump is always either on L1 or L2. Ult is always on triangle, with the exception of Tracer, who has it on R1. Put the skill that doesn't require aiming on X.

ISOM

QP is in a pretty tricky spot right now. People take it as a place to mess around, a place they want to take seriously because they don't like the stress of comp, and a place to practice, and all 3 don't really jive together that well.

Yeah, all three don't go together. I want to practice a hero but can't really because how do I practice against two meis or roadhogs and my team has two tracers and two hanzos. It's not a practical training ground most of the time.

The video clip on his post was clear. At least 180 healing due to his damage sustained. It might be more than 200 hps for all we know since the test was on a mostly damaged 200 hp character.

If that's the case, I'm curious how much damage it does tI enemies now. 200 health seems like a lot.
I can't imagine it doing 200 damage as well as healing. That would be insane. You'd be better off using it to kill DPS then to heal your team.

Someone pls test this out and see if it's damage was changed as well. Pretty sure the training bots have 200 health, so they'd be good to test it on.

Yeah, all three don't go together. I want to practice a hero but can't really because how do I practice against two meis or roadhogs and my team has two tracers and two hanzos. It's not a practical training ground most of the time.

Yeah, I would love to use QP to practice DPS and see if I can contribute a little better in Competitive. But every match it's like, "Hmm, should I try out McCree or maybe a little Genj... nope, nobody picked a healer, and as much as I'd like to practice, I also don't want to get slaughtered. Time to pick Lucio again." One match we had three Attack heroes, a Mei and a Hanzo picked, and I actually had to say in the chat, "Um, guys, I can't play Support AND Tank." And unfortunately the "Practice Against Bots" option is useless considering the bots are bone-stupid and just rush out of the spawn door into a hail of gunfire and die. Not sure what I would do to improve things, but QP is kind of a mixed bag right now.

Plesiades

I can't imagine it doing 200 damage as well as healing. That would be insane. You'd be better off using it to kill DPS then to heal your team.

Someone pls test this out and see if it's damage was changed as well. Pretty sure the training bots have 200 health, so they'd be good to test it on.

Just tested it. Same amount of damage by the looks of it.

The range is kinda crazy tho. I launched a grenade into the first bot you see and it hits the one next to it. It even heals you if you're behind the 5m line!

Healing works just like in the video. Went from 8HP to 200HP in the PTR. I also left the two bots that are getting shot with very low HP... threw the grenade into one of them and both ended up with full health.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2 support is in like every high level streaming or pre-made group game

yet every single time i solo queue, NOBODY wants ot do support. And everybody thinks we're ok with just Zen. Like you're not going to fucking die if you play Lucio or Mercy.

All the more reason to have a casual comp(same as comp but no SR) mode along side QP and Comp. Seems like it'd solve those issues. QP for fun/messing around/trying new stuff. Casual comp for a place to practice while under a better rule system while not having the stress of competitive. And Comp for everyone else.

I'm on board if Casual Comp is one hero, no stacking. That would solve a lot of issues. I don't believe going against 5 of any hero is teaching me anything. Let there be a separate mode for that kind of thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've heard that QP loss stats don't count but is that really true? Are we sure they just don't show the number of losses? It seems my stats change, even after a one game, one loss night.

Oh weird, seems like they've reverted that but I haven't noticed. My stats got pretty crazy for awhile.

Yeah, I would love to use QP to practice DPS and see if I can contribute a little better in Competitive. But every match it's like, "Hmm, should I try out McCree or maybe a little Genj... nope, nobody picked a healer, and as much as I'd like to practice, I also don't want to get slaughtered. Time to pick Lucio again." One match we had three Attack heroes, a Mei and a Hanzo picked, and I actually had to say in the chat, "Um, guys, I can't play Support AND Tank." And unfortunately the "Practice Against Bots" option is useless considering the bots are bone-stupid and just rush out of the spawn door into a hail of gunfire and die. Not sure what I would do to improve things, but QP is kind of a mixed bag right now.

"Uh, guys? I can't Heal and Tank. Someone pick one and I'll pick the other." is the main reason I turn my mic on these days. Almost always works, too, which is shocking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All Blizzard needs to add is daily quests 'Play as a support hero for 6 games' 'Play as a tank hero for 6 games' and you get a loot box for doing it. And it will always be tank or support.

That would go a long way.

Also I felt like I had my cast of characters I spent time on rounded out but I've been reverting back to old mains like Pharah and Roadhog lately.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know how people find groups to play this game with considering the majority of players I've run into in this game are DPS only babyragers at the end of every game.

Yeah, I'm the one who made the clip and thread on Ana's grenade function. It still does 80 dps on enemies, so the 200 healing is a bit of an anomaly, tbh. She's already hard enough to kill, and this means that you have to 'kill' her twice over before she dies.

I've done some testing as well, and it seems as though it is a hard 200 (tested on a custom with a roadhog). If it was ticking twice for the heal due to a bug, the second tick should, in theory, be for 200 since the doubled healing should apply. What this seems to imply is that the healing was straight up increased for the grenade, and that this is not due to some strange property of the increased radius.

Experimenting with Roadhog (Kappa): https://clips.twitch.tv/mattz2007/WanderingMeerkatSmoocherZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom