• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Blegh, i think I'm just not going to be ana when we have a mercy. They just don't complement each other well.

Usually if someone picks Ana I won't pick Mercy or swap to another hero. Ana's single target healing speeds undermine Mercy so much, spam healing everyone to top if few seconds makes getting res up as Mercy forever.

Blues1990

For those who play as Ana: There's a voice command you can use to let your team know when your ultimate is ready. The number of times when those players fire that stupid dart at me (as Lucio), without warning, is seriously starting to tick me off. Even when I'm away from the DPS or Tank characters, the Ana players will never fail with using their ult on me.

Hell, use the microphone to warn me when launching the dart at your target, so I can stay away.

As soon as I get my nano boost, I immediately call out that I have it and hope my team is paying attention. Usually if I have a Rein, he will get the idea of "you are getting it no matter what, be ready."

But yeah, always call it out so your best nano targets can be ready for it.

Redmoon

So here I thought they removed all the performance stats outside of ping and fps in the PTR.

Little did I know they just allow you to toggle on/off what you want.

Ulpq0zy.jpg

Redmoon

DPS players and junkrat won't switch off to support even though we asked them repeatedly. -_-

I would've swapped. Started to like playing support in S2 despite being a DPS player.

Though my support isnt as good as DPS yet, so I use it more for the "2nd support player" rather than the "main" support.

I really wish people werent so stubborn with their picks.
Like id rather play DPS but ill switch to supports or tank if thats what our team needs the most even though my tank play is average at best.

Having 3-4 people instalock dps characters is suffering.

Alucrid

Banned
so i usually play comp with friends rank a few hundred points behind me. tried a solo q and the quality of players was like night and day

DPS players and junkrat won't switch off to support even though we asked them repeatedly. -_-

i don't get it. i will play any hero except widow and they're all pretty fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I don't really ask initially because at some point at this level it doesn't matter as much, but if we're losing please reconsider.

Ventured back into solo queue competitive and finally broke my 9 game loss streak, though not before dropping down into Silver level ranks on my rating. It was actually a match I had completely written off after losing the first two rounds on Ilios, but after a shuffle of characters I ended up as Lucio, and one of my teammates pulled out a damn good Winston that was almost single-handedly responsible for taking three rounds.

Kinda disappointing to have dropped over 600 points from all those losses, just to finally eke out a hard-fought win and see my ranking go up... 20 points. Maybe I should stick to my original plan of trying out more DPS-focused characters in QP to get some practice, and not have to rely on the match-making algorithm to group me with people who are decent at killing the enemy.

Blues1990

Well we lost.

So yeah.
From my experience, those dumblebutts will still have the kill streak mentality when playing the other roles. We needed a second healer, & the Reaper on our team (who was pretty horrible as a DPS) switched to Mercy and only used her pistol to try and kill Reinhardt head-on.

If given the choice, I'd rather have a horrible Reaper than a healer that DOESN'T heal the tank/team.

Like id rather play DPS but ill switch to supports or tank if thats what our team needs the most even though my tank play is average at best.

It's even worse when those players perform horribly, & will put the blame on their other teammates. I got a 38 kill streak & 16,000 healing as Lucio once, and our DPS (who only got one kill) claimed he carried the team.

i don't get it. I will play any hero ;except widow) and they're all pretty fun.

Some players think it's boring being anything else than a DPS Hero. If they aren't killing fools left and right, then it's a snorefest & people will whine about it yntil they get their way.

How do you know that guy only had one kill? Seems pretty impossible. He would literally have to never shoot the entire match, or just miss every shot.

Dispatch

As my ranking drops nearly 700 points from its lofty tier from my placement matches, I have come to the realization that I truly, and completely suck at this game.

It doesn't matter how many cards, or medals I get. I suck.

I am the anteater, the vacuum cleaner, the whirlpool, the black hole, the Donald J. Trump of Overwatch.

Join me as I journey towards oblivion.

xaosslug

first 4 matches of the day, so far = win. Whew!

En57X99.gif

For those who play as Ana: There's a voice command you can use to let your team know when your ultimate is ready. The number of times when those players fire that stupid dart at me (as Lucio), without warning, is seriously starting to tick me off. Even when I'm away from the DPS or Tank characters, the Ana players will never fail with using their ult on me.

Hell, use the microphone to warn me when launching the dart at your target, so I can stay away.

just saw an enemy Ana do this on Hanamura attack. They were out the door, about to do a push. I see part of Rein's shield outside the door and then I hear Ana's ult callout... steel myself for a rampaging Rein to storm the gates... but a nanoboosted Lucio (literally) skates by instead. I was rotfl! xD So yeah, that push failed. The team must have been PISSED.

Man, I wish I have the chance to play mei more, because I win more often than I don't with her.
I wish I could just play DPS more because it feels like a good DPS is harder to come by than a good tank or healer. Having that one good DPS makes the world of a difference. I've literally turned around games by switching to Genji. Not saying I carried by any means(because that would be kind of selfish of me to say I was doing everything and not acknowledging my team) but things definitely changed after I switched. I'm a far better tank player, but a good DPS feels far more invaluable and harder to come by. Just my thoughts.

Blues1990

How do you know that guy only had one kill? Seems pretty impossible. He would literally have to never shoot the entire match, or just miss every shot.

You'd just answered your question. Our team couldn't believe it ourselves, but we possibly had the worst McCree. The guy couldn't kill anything to save his life, & muted everyone on our team when we begged him to switch.

You'd just answered your question. Our team couldn't believe it ourselves, but we possibly had the worst McCree. The guy couldn't kill anything to save his life, & muted everyone on our team when we begged him to switch.
Wow, that's super rough. At that point, he would hit more shots if he just used FTH all the time.

Antiwhippy

I wish I could just play DPS more because it feels like a good DPS is harder to come by than a good tank or healer. Having that one good DPS makes the world of a difference. I've literally turned around games by switching to Genji. Not saying I carried by any means(because that would be kind of selfish of me to say I was doing everything and not acknowledging my team) but things definitely changed after I switched. I'm a far better tank player, but a good DPS feels far more invaluable and harder to come by. Just my thoughts.

Problem is that I still feel the stigma of mei where it feels like I have to prove myself to not make my team go on tilt.

Also that there's always a fucking junkrat and I'd rather not have multiple defense characters in one team. Though I find that mei works better as a dps than junkrat at least when it comes to teamfights.

zoukka

How the fuck can anyone climb during weekends, this is insane! I was super stable last week and nothing but absolute stomps in weekends.

Problem is that I still feel the stigma of mei where it feels like I have to prove myself to not make my team go on tilt.

Also that there's always a fucking junkrat and I'd rather not have multiple defense characters in one team. Though I find that mei works better as a dps than junkrat at least when it comes to teamfights.

Yeah Mei and Junk fill too similar roles and Junk blows her away in that role.

Oh yeah, for sure. Her wall alone is far more valuable in team fights than anything Junkrat can do. Being able to split up the enemy team can be the difference in winning a team fight.

I just wish I could play Genji and Hanzo more. I can play very well with them and it's more fun to switch between tank, DPS, and Ana than to just keep swapping between the tanks and Ana. I just want more variety in the game to play while still being able to win.

Blues1990

Wow, that's super rough. At that point, he would hit more shots if he just used FTH all the time.

...Would it make it worse if this guy had used FTH than single-shot?

Thankfully, he left our team & we wrecked him when we crossed paths the following match. It felt satisfying to launch that guy off the clif as Pharah.

Nimby

Banned

Mmmmhmmm.

So many of our games seem lost by DPS players who aren't taking out valuable targets or because they try to stick on Reaper and Tracer when a Pharah is dominating.

Antiwhippy

Yeah Mei and Junk fill too similar roles and Junk blows her away in that role.

Not really. Mei is the stall and disruptor. Junk is more like an area denial and poke character.

You kind of have to prepare differently depending on which one you have on your team. Though nowadays junkrat want to be everywhere, even on attack.

People sure love stacking defense characters though. I'll tell them that 1 team fight and we're kaput and that always pans out.

No we don't need a junkrat, bastion and hanzo..... sigh.

Also the way they list heroes can be a real detriment. I'd honestly prefer hanzo on attack.

Yeah I'm usually ok with having one defense hero on my team, but anymore than that is usually a coin flip on if it's going to work. Unless that one defense hero is a Torb or a Widow. That alone is a coin flip :p

Also the way they list heroes can be a real detriment. I'd honestly prefer hanzo on attack.
Yep. Hanzo and Widow are far better on offense than on defense. And imo, Mei is equally good on both, or at least very close. Especially Hanzo. He is insanely powerful on offense. I use him on Volskaya offense all the time and it works great.

Antiwhippy

I want to try out attack mei more.

Problem is that we always have an attack junkrat.

And they're always the most stubborn.

Blues1990

just saw an enemy Ana do this on Hanamura attack. They were out the door, about to do a push. I see part of Rein's shield outside the door and then I hear Ana's ult callout... steel myself for a rampaging Rein to storm the gates... but a nanoboosted Lucio (literally) skates by instead. I was rotfl! xD So yeah, that push failed. The team must have been PISSED.

That's beautiful, and I'm starting to think all the bad grannies have the notion that when nano boosted, all the heroes become juggernauts that can slaughter foes left n' right.

I mean, when does a Nano Boost Widow become a threat?

Hey, i actually managed to secure some kills when ana nanoboosted me as lucio.

Yeah, I had it happen twice to me (as Lucio) in the same match and each time I managed to score a kill off of it. Guess I probably should have learned the first time, though, to keep an eye on Ana's ult status and try to keep away from her when it was up. Whoops.

Spent a KotH game getting harassed by Tracer, eventually switched to Zen expecting the worst and boy did those tables turn, sweetest revengeance I've felt in this game.
I initially tried countering as McCree but my McCree sucks, I'd successfully flashbang only to have her manage a rewind before I could even get off a shot, quick on the draw I am not.
Kind of feel she should have another clear counter character if I'm honest.

The glorious return of a Winston PotM as well, leapt onto the pre castle gate bridge on Eichenwald and PRIMAL RAGE a Rein and Tracer off the edge then for some odd yet glorious reason our ana nano boosts me and I got to punch the crap out of everyone else.

I think at this point booping ulting enemies to their deaths is what I live for as lucio.

Had one at the start of route 66 where a mccree thought he could be cute and flank deadeye.

Nope.

I love booping with Lucio on non-KOTH maps. I got a Junkrat on Route 66 once who was trying to sneak around on the left - booped his ass to oblivion.

No
In relation to a reaper, you exist to screw up his ult by bubbling it.
That's literally it.
You can't do a thing against a reaper, It's not a "hard counter" like flashbang+fth is on reaper where he gets melted in under a second and a half from full hp, but theres literally no way to outplay him.

So far my two favorite moments playing as Winston - bubbling an ulting Reaper so my team could get away, and bubbling a D.Va nuke as it was about to go off. The D.Va was more impressive because it was a moving target, but I bubbled on the payload and jumped off and the nuke ran into the payload - right under my bubble.

I hope I saved that match, I need to upload it.

The worst thing is when they instalock DPS but aren't actually good with it. Dude, if you're not going to take out the enemy Pharah, don't autopick Soldier and let somebody who actually has enemy awareness play him!

komaruR

The worst thing is when they instalock DPS but aren't actually good with it. Dude, if you're not going to take out the enemy Pharah, don't autopick Soldier and let somebody who actually has enemy awareness play him!
that or being a useless pharah when enemy team dont have hitscans :(

Greddleok

My pet peeve is players who will not swap. Never, under any circumstances do they swap. They could die 100 times in 2 mins, but they never swap.

It's their hero, and they'll die by the choice they've made, and drag everyone down with them.

I've had a bunch of good games today, was rocking shit as Zarya. I think I should just stick to tank classes, and jump into DPS when I need to. I'm such a bad healer.

My pet peeve is players who will not swap. Never, under any circumstances do they swap. They could die 100 times in 2 mins, but they never swap.

It's their hero, and they'll die by the choice they've made, and drag everyone down with them.

Also known as "The tale of attack Junkrats"

To all of my teammates, unless you're at very low hp in the middle of a firefight, please stop using your self healing abilities when I have Transcendence up, double if you decide to run away from me when it's time to push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom