• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think there are quite a number of pretty viable healers and tanks outside of rein and lucio so don't limit yourself just because you feel like you're forced to.

I think there are quite a number of pretty viable healers and tanks outside of rein and lucio so don't limit yourself just because you feel like you're forced to.

Oh I know, I sometimes play Zarya or D.Va / Ana or Zenyatta instead. Not like it makes that much of a difference though. It still sucks to be stuck playing the healer/tank because nobody else does, even though you want to play a different hero.

I've been barred from playing Junkrat so many times. :(

ExVicis

Do people still not know how to counter-pick? There should be no reason a team of 4 D.Va's should roll over a team unless they turned off their brains. I don't understand this.

Azoor

Do people still not know how to counter-pick? There should be no reason a team of 4 D.Va's should roll over a team unless they turned off their brains. I don't understand this.

A lot of people don't bother learning the game and play like their individual performance is more important than the team's performance.

Antiwhippy

It's real interesting seeing iddqd, arguably the top 3 hitscan players in overwatch, switching off to projectile characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Zarya is the problem. Its more of brain dead players who don't know how to lay off the shoot button.

Why are we still using this tired argument? It's proven false time and time again.

Despite what this thread will tell you, most of the people playing the game aren't braindead. But in a game with projectiles and so much emphasis on chaotic team fights it is EXTREMELY easy to soak damage. Do you really think that's the problem when all the pros are focusing her and killing her immediately?

I actually really like Mercy's handgun. A lot of times, you're better off using the gun than damage boosting someone.

Her handgun is a nightmare for stationary Widowmakers too. Just spray a ton of bullets near their cover and it's hard for them to make shots.

It's always fun seeing a Reaper teleport behind, thinking the Mercy doesn't notice.

And suddenly get killed before he can move due to all headshots lol.

Antiwhippy

Oh I know, I sometimes play Zarya or D.Va / Ana or Zenyatta instead. Not like it makes that much of a difference though. It still sucks to be stuck playing the healer/tank because nobody else does, even though you want to play a different hero.

I've been barred from playing Junkrat so many times. :(

You can also honestly play mei as an off tank.

You can also honestly play mei as an off tank.

I'm not a good Mei at all, I played her for a total of 1 game lol. Which is why I said "fuck around with". I wanna play some of the heroes I barely play in QP, but I feel guilty if we were to do bad cause we didn't have a healer (or proper tank).

Azoor

I'm not a good Mei at all, I played her for a total of 1 game lol. Which is why I said "fuck around with". I wanna play some of the heroes I barely play in QP, but I feel guilty if we were to do bad cause we didn't have a healer (or proper tank).

I was like you until I played her during the defence Brawl, then I got good at her.

Brawl can make for good opportunities to practice with other heroes.

antitrop

What I thought was a cockblocked ult turned into a nice Quadra.

bSmj8XE.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a worse feeling than a comp game where you have to play Reinahrdt because its payload and everyone picked their fucking instalock DPS

and Bastion is shredding your shield and none of them do anything about it. Like he was just up there the entire time and NO ONE killed him. He didn't have a Reinhardt shield or anything

like god damn sometimes I wish this game would say 'you're shit dps mate you have to pick reinhardt or lucio now' because nothing hurts more in the game than dps that funnel into death.

finalflame

Is there a worse feeling than a comp game where you have to play Reinahrdt because its payload and everyone picked their fucking instalock DPS

and Bastion is shredding your shield and none of them do anything about it. Like he was just up there the entire time and NO ONE killed him. He didn't have a Reinhardt shield or anything

like god damn sometimes I wish this game would say 'you're shit dps mate you have to pick reinhardt or lucio now' because nothing hurts more in the game than dps that funnel into death.

This EXACT thing happened to me in competitive on Route 66. I was playing Rein because, well, nobody else wanted to tank, and we literally were getting mowed down by a Bastion and a Mei was happily prancing around in the middle of our payload freezing everyone/ulting while a Roadhog stood above us on the ledge and shot/hooked people to death.

Nobody did SHIT.

cyborg009

Banned

Imagine playing as support and having gold in eliminations and not playing as Zen either.

finalflame

To be fair having gold in eliminations means jackshit. If one of your bullets grazed an enemy that gets killed, you get an elimination, even if you did just 1 point of damage.

Yah, damage is a much more accurate representation of DPS performance. The way Overwatch handles eliminations really makes it sort of pointless as a performance metric, other than if you're shooting the right targets at the right times it should correlate positively with higher damage stats.

Yah, damage is a much more accurate representation of DPS performance. The way Overwatch handles eliminations really makes it sort of pointless as a performance metric, other than if you're shooting the right targets at the right times it should correlate positively with higher damage stats.

Some people only know how to focus on that stuff, though. So I'm a bit surprised they haven't just tossed in a team deathmatch mode for the people who obviously ONLY PLAY THAT ANYWAY.

I-hate-u

Rein doesnt go to KOTH.

Zen and Lucio just got nerfed because they're in every game sooooo

I agree he is not the most picked on KOTH (people play Harambe instead), but he is still picked in every other mode. And despite their nerfs, Lucios and Zens still see play in almost every game.

These 4 heroes are not broken, just better in almost all situations than others.

Antiwhippy

It's really interesting to see the different approaches the different regions took in the new patch.

EU: Go heavy on tanks/ana with some hanzo/tracer as your flex.
NA: Go heavy on reaper/ana/mei, with 2-2-2 still favoured by teams with strong mccree mains, and some pharmercy thrown in there.
SK: Go heavy on tanks/ana with mccree as your main DPS

20 points from diamond and then lose 250 points today. Not a single win, feels pretty good.

I'm pretty tired of playing on weekends, tbh.

I had a 2 stack of Roadhog and Mercy that seemed to only be good for giving the other team ult charges.

I was at 50 health +armor for like a minute and a half as Zarya, and I ask the Mercy to heal me if she can.

"I have 15k healing, why don't you shut the fuck up."

The worst part is I lost to them in the next match because our new team also had a two stack that refused to listen. We had it in overtime and two people walked into a scatter arrow instead of staying with the payload.

At this point I'd rather have 6 randoms, or a 3-4 stack than 2 stack. Atleast bigger groups seem to be coordinated and fill out needed roles.

Most 2 stacks just seem to both jump on Offense characters and fuck up the entire team composition when 2 more people do the same.

Is the Top 500 player icon (the one displayed in the main menu) for season one bugged? I just noticed its unlocked...

Or am I amazing? Im amazing, aren't I?

Edit- Its locked now lol Weird bug I guess

Is the Top 500 player icon (the one displayed in the main menu) for season one bugged? I just noticed its unlocked...

Or am I amazing? Im amazing, aren't I?

They witnessed you, man! GJ :D

I need to start streaming just to record all the salty moments.

Also pro tip, if you're ever at XX90-95, take a break. I was at 2397 and now I'm back to 2330 lol. Those last two close losses just wrecked me mentally.

At this point I'd rather have 6 randoms, or a 3-4 stack than 2 stack. Atleast bigger groups seem to be coordinated and fill out needed roles.

Most 2 stacks just seem to both jump on Offense characters and fuck up the entire team composition when 2 more people do the same.

Even worse is that I had a 2500 and a 2100 in a 2 stack on my last two matches, so one is capable but the other is kinda lost. It worked for the Ana / Rein combo they did though, but none of us got healed.

Even worse is that I had a 2500 and a 2100 in a 2 stack on my last two matches, so one is capable but the other is kinda lost. It worked for the Ana / Rein combo they did though, but none of us got healed.

Yeah I hate when that happens. Especially when they lock out a crucial character

ZangBa

I'm pretty tired of playing on weekends, tbh.

I had a 2 stack of Roadhog and Mercy that seemed to only be good for giving the other team ult charges.

I was at 50 health +armor for like a minute and a half as Zarya, and I ask the Mercy to heal me if she can.

"I have 15k healing, why don't you shut the fuck up."

The worst part is I lost to them in the next match because our new team also had a two stack that refused to listen. We had it in overtime and two people walked into a scatter arrow instead of staying with the payload.

I don't know what it is, I just feel so unlucky. Why do people have to go and sit outside the attacking teams door? Why??? 3 golds and and a silver on Reinhardt with 25k damage blocked, how is this even possible? I don't know what to do anymore, it just makes me want to give up.

Amazing. Thank you for being dank.

I don't know what it is, I just feel so unlucky. Why do people have to go and sit outside the attacking teams door? Why??? 3 golds and and a silver on Reinhardt with 25k damage blocked, how is this even possible? I don't know what to do anymore, it just makes me want to give up.

I know man, I know. The problem I'm having is people are starting to want to play the tank role more often, so I don't get to Zarya and then I don't get to keep people alive. Even as Lucio / Zen people get out of position and then they're out of LoS. Zarya can at least buy then 3-4 seconds.

When I play DPS I usually have golds for objective kills and time, but not elims necessarily. I need to get better at securing kills without risking getting killed, because I'm used to Winston / Zarya where I can stay alive enough to chase for the kill.

Antiwhippy

I mean, not that it's a 100% foolproof solution, but at some point you gotta step out of what you might consider an ideal composition.

Like, we'll be 2-2-2, but if I'm on support and realise that we just need more DPS and sustain and someone to deal with that damn pharah I'll switch off to soldier. Only 1 support but sometimes you gotta evaluate what your team needs more.

Like yeah, you'll be doing work as reinhardt, but if no one is really utilising what you're used for (i.e. that big rectangle you have) what's the point of a rein? You could be doing better on another character.

I mean, not that it's a 100% foolproof solution, but at some point you gotta step out of what you might consider an ideal composition.

Like, we'll be 2-2-2, but if I'm on support and realise that we just need more DPS and sustain and someone to deal with that damn pharah I'll switch off to soldier. Only 1 support but sometimes you gotta evaluate what your team needs more.

Like yeah, you'll be doing work as reinhardt, but if no one is really utilising what you're used for (i.e. that big rectangle you have) what's the point of a rein? You could be doing better on another character.

But then the roadhog and mercy combo yelled at me for not supporting and not being a team player :(

But yeah, people switching too late or not at all is rough. I mean what can it hurt to counter pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom