• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wtf is up with those guys hair... i mean serioulsy look at this shit.

This guy went to the barber and said "just fuck my shit up".

Man, Overwatch as a competitive sport is fucking aces! Perfect match lengths for a tense and exciting watch! And so far announcers gave been knowledgeable and entertaining themselves.

Well done, Blizz! 💯💯💯

NeoRaider

That feeling when you destroy almost whole team with Pharah's Ulti but Mercy (in my case 2 of them) somehow escape and next thing you hear is: "Heroes Never Die!"

:/

So here's a question -- is Bastion legitimately bad?

I've always kind of wondered this, but the main reason why Bastion is so bad is because he's a single fixed target to get mowed down by enemies who have learned where he is. But maybe everyone's sort of playing him wrong?

What I want to know is if his recon/walking mode is bad. It has a self heal and a hitscan rifle, and while I haven't had a good chance to try him out to test this, maybe Bastion is intended to be less of a camp and more of a mobile character than what we know of him today. What if he's meant to be a less mobile 76 that just has the ability to bunker down and let loose?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Sn4ke_911

I dont know her name. Well any of the casters/analysts.
Not sure how you got creepiness out of it.

well tbh your post was a tiny bit weird like how do you know she got wet when it's not even raining in the studio?

I'm just pulling your strings :p

I dont know her name. Well any of the casters/analysts.
Not sure how you got creepiness out of it.

I've never spent any time watching game streams before today, but I saw your comment after watching a bunch of gross vitriol from the Twitch chat.

The chat seemed to be focusing quite a bit on the fact that there is a female host. I was viewing your comment through the same lens.

aeolist

Banned

I've always kind of wondered this, but the main reason why Bastion is so bad is because he's a single fixed target to get mowed down by enemies who have learned where he is. But maybe everyone's sort of playing him wrong?

What I want to know is if his recon/walking mode is bad. It has a self heal and a hitscan rifle, and while I haven't had a good chance to try him out to test this, maybe Bastion is intended to be less of a camp and more of a mobile character than what we know of him today. What if he's meant to be a less mobile 76 that just has the ability to bunker down and let loose?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

he's situational, but yes it tends to be better if the player is mobile and proactive rather than just setting up in one spot. he relies on quickly blowing people up which is way easier if the enemy never knows where he's going to be turreting from.

I've never spent any time watching game streams before today, but I saw your comment after watching a bunch of gross vitriol from the Twitch chat.

The chat seemed to be focusing quite a bit on the fact that there is a female host. I was viewing your comment through the same lens.

Twitch chat is a mistake.

Except for yesterday when Seagull came up... someone said, "There goes our beautiful boy!"

The phrasing was just so left field that I died.

matmanx1

I Play Widowmaker For Fun

*Edit: I should probably clarify that this isn't me. I found it on Reddit.

I feel like this is why Widow is sort of a bad fit for Overwatch. She's almost completely a solo character who does one thing well and she does it in such a way that there's very little in the way of counter attack.

Get killed by most of the cast of Overwatch because someone is generally playing well? No problem. I tip my hat to you, sir. Get killed by Widow on a snipe from somewhere across the map? No thank you.

Sn4ke_911

Twitch chat is a mistake.

Except for yesterday when Seagull came up... someone said, "There goes our beautiful boy!"

The phrasing was just so left field that I died.

I watch it always over the tv with fullscreen.

Heh yeah, his voice doesn't match him at all.

Glad to see Envy got their shit together and aren't playing hung over anymore.

Anne

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

He's bad. You're supposed to move him around between every fight, but the static factor in general means if he ever does get called out he dies instantly. Recon mode isn't complete garbage but it's worse than every other hitscan hero so it's not a redeeming factor.

Greddleok

"Hey guys we need two healers, I can't do it alone."
"Hey can Mccree take down their Pharah who's harassing me?"
"Hey can someone swap to soldier to take down their Pharah who keeps killing me?"

"Fuck it i'll do it myself"

Sn4ke_911

"Hey can you pick a hero to counter Pharah?"

*picks Junkrat*

I hate it when I'm playing Zenyatta and I have to try to pick off Pharah. I know I need to be able to hit a higher percentage of shots against her than I'm capable of, but it also really shouldn't be my job to be staring up in the sky either.

Greddleok

"Hey can you pick a hero to counter Pharah?"

*picks Junkrat*

Yup! The same thing happened to me. I wish people would listen. The basics are very easy, and getting them right wins the games 9/10.

I don't think I'm ever going to pick healer again. So sick of terrible DPS not doing their jobs.

Skii

I hate it when I'm playing Zenyatta and I have to try to pick off Pharah. I know I need to be able to hit a higher percentage of shots against her than I'm capable of, but it also really shouldn't be my job to be staring up in the sky either.

So many times has a Pharah dominated my team and I'm left to deal with her as Reaper. The frustration of only having 1-2 seconds to finish her before she's out of your reach again.

Yup! The same thing happened to me. I wish people would listen. The basics are very easy, and getting them right wins the games 9/10.

I don't think I'm ever going to pick healer again. So sick of terrible DPS not doing their jobs.

You know what I've noticed in my 100+ hours of playing? If your DPS players aren't killing then you lose. I know that sounds super obvious, but the winning team always has really outstanding DPS players. People that WILL get that kill. If you don't have somebody who will get that particular job done you're screwed. It's the most important role.

antitrop

You know what I've noticed in my 100+ hours of playing? If your DPS players aren't killing then you lose. I know that sounds super obvious, but the winning team always has really outstanding DPS players. People that WILL get that kill. If you don't have somebody who will get that particular job done you're screwed. It's the most important role.

And if the DPS sucks, they'll just try to pass that blame onto the healers.

"I never got a single Harmony Orb, waaaaahhhhhh waaaaaahhhhh waaaaaahhhh"

LiK

And if the DPS sucks, they'll just try to pass that blame onto the healers.

"I never got a single Harmony Orb, waaaaahhhhhh waaaaaahhhhh waaaaaahhhh"

DPS guys (mainly Reapers) are usually the first ones who whine and complain the most. either they tell you what to pick or they tell you to switch. they don't wanna play tank or support so they push others to do it. what's funny is when they're fixated on it so much that they're not even focusing on winning the game.

Greddleok

Hate it when you get a team kill. Everyone just gets cocky and over extends. It's a perfect way to lose a match after absolutely dominating.

So many times has a Pharah dominated my team and I'm left to deal with her as Reaper. The frustration of only having 1-2 seconds to finish her before she's out of your reach again.

I always appreciate smart Reapers anticipating my Pharah landing and ambushing me there. Surprise is key.

But more often than not, I see them waiting and go hyper aggressive instead of skipping away - so many just ghost away when they suffer the first direct rocket hit. It's rarely a threatening match-up since I don't fly in the enclosed spaces where Reaper excels.

finalflame

Envyus played really well, as expected. C9 put up a decent fight, too. But Envyus is still just absolutely beastly in their game and coordination.

First match of the day: team includes a salty "thanks" spamming Reaper who can't hit the side of a barn or kill squishies even with my damage boost and death blossoms in front of groups of enemies and also a Rein shield.
I'm thinking this chap was tilted before we even started the match.

Fortunately it being my first match I just can chuckle and take this in stride right now.

Anne

Equally insane is how well envyus deal with nano boosted reapers. I've watched what I thought was going to be a team kill fizzle out into nothing.

Yeah, they're really on point with predicting and having CC ready for it. At the same time, if you have an idea that C9 wants to fight, they are extremely predictable as to what they want to do. A lot of people will bring fights down to more ults = victory, which is right most of the time but not all the time. Still gotta play that correctly though, and the high level calls are super cool when they happen.

Skii

Switch to McCree?

What if there's a McCree already on your team?

I always appreciate smart Reapers anticipating my Pharah landing and ambushing me there. Surprise is key.

But more often than not, I see them waiting and go hyper aggressive instead of skipping away - so many just ghost away when they suffer the first direct rocket hit. It's rarely a threatening match-up since I don't fly in the enclosed spaces where Reaper excels.

I can deal with Pharah usually but it's such a waste for a Reaper to focus his game on taking down Pharah whilst the support and tanks run riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom