• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if there's a McCree already on your team?

I can deal with Pharah usually but it's such a waste for a Reaper to focus his game on taking down Pharah whilst the support and tanks run riot.

Souljah 76.

Ana works really well against her, too. 3 shots that you don't even need to scope for, and really just need to get within her triangle of death hitbox.

Kito

Hate it when you get a team kill. Everyone just gets cocky and over extends. It's a perfect way to lose a match after absolutely dominating.

Or when you stomp in round 1, then in round 2, the team changes to a joke comp (expecting a miraculous carry to happen?) and loses.

matmanx1

"Hey can you pick a hero to counter Pharah?"

*picks Junkrat*

One night I asked for someone to pick a hitscan character to take care of a pesky Pharah and so one person switched to Tracer. And of course it didn't work at all. A good Pharah can, for the most part, stay out of Tracer's most lethal range. My response was somewhere along the lines of, "well, person X, that's not exactly what I was looking for, but good try!"

Equally insane is how well envyus deal with nano boosted reapers. I've watched what I thought was going to be a team kill fizzle out into nothing.

Oooh, I love your avatar. I have a shirt just like it.

LiK

Soldier and McCree are the most reliable Pharah counters. if she's dominating your team and those two heroes are already picked, that means those guys aren't doing their jobs. sorry if i've repeated this before. i decided to add Soldier to my main rotation for Pharah specifically. he's been working much better than i expected.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Speaking of the casters i miss Deman and Mitch.

Those guys are the best Overwatch casters.

MartyStu

The feeling of playing a good McCree is amazing.

My aim is so bad though, that I have only pulled this off one in about the 12 times I have used him.

Back to playing my amazing Lucio :(

NeoRaider

Wtf I left one quick play match and now I have a 15 match -75% exp gain.

One? Are you sure?
That never happened to me, especially in QP.

The feeling of playing a good McCree is amazing.

My aim is so bad though, that I have only pulled this off one in about the 12 times I have used him.

Back to playing my amazing Lucio :(

Play Widow and Ana if you want to become better with McCree and few others.

Mei is basically a tank. 250 HP, 150 healing (while invincible), projected wall to block even more damage...

Think about it. She functions more like a tank than a DPS.

Greddleok

You know what I've noticed in my 100+ hours of playing? If your DPS players aren't killing then you lose. I know that sounds super obvious, but the winning team always has really outstanding DPS players. People that WILL get that kill. If you don't have somebody who will get that particular job done you're screwed. It's the most important role.

That's why I like tanks. It's possible to do the job of DPS, and defend people. It's not as effective, but it's ok. It's my favourite role.

Has Blizzard made any noise about addressing competitive leavers (like maybe next season)?

I played a game yesterday where the other team lost 3 people after like twenty minutes of play. I felt terribly for them.

Sn4ke_911

Best counter to Tracer is Junkrat so... why did no one switch to the rat?

iddqd's Tracer was absolutely destroying them...

antitrop

Boo. I want NRG to win but i expect Fnatic to take it. IDDQD is really hard to deal with, and has a far better team to back him up.

qd was on point A in like 15 seconds as Tracer and just murdered everyone. It was hard to watch, especially if you're rooting for NRG.

Skii

Buds on that Reaper!

Souljah 76.

Ana works really well against her, too. 3 shots that you don't even need to scope for, and really just need to get within her triangle of death hitbox.

What if I told you our team comp was Reaper, Soldier, McCree, Reinhardt, Zarya and Lucio?

It's so obvious that the McCree and Soldier didn't understand that their role was to take out Pharah. It's like Reaper refusing to deal with Roadhog or Reinhardt. It's pure negligence.

And I know I could play Ana but I rarely play her and I shouldn't have to.

Sn4ke_911

Zenyatta Doge

look at this smug bastard

CtStVXAVIAABYQQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/Outside_the_Vox/status/780439514770661379

LiK

A good Junk can take on a good Tracer. I always enjoyed those 1v1 in Comp. it's like a minigame.

What does he have except the mine which is effective against a Tracer? Junk is imo the worst character who gets picked a lot.

Gotta make use of the trap and also know how to predict their Recall positions. It makes them predictable.

Anne

What does he have except the mine which is effective against a Tracer? Junk is imo the worst character who gets picked a lot.

If she moves into an area that is covered by mines/bombs/traps there is a good chance she gets accidentally one shot. My opinion of Junkrat is pretty low at the moment, but he is good at doing that kind of job.

McCree is easily her best counter at high-levels.

This too. McCree fits into comps better anyways.

What if I told you our team comp was Reaper, Soldier, McCree, Reinhardt, Zarya and Lucio?

It's so obvious that the McCree and Soldier didn't understand that their role was to take out Pharah. It's like Reaper refusing to deal with Roadhog or Reinhardt. It's pure negligence.

And I know I could play Ana but I rarely play her and I shouldn't have to.

I agree that you absolutely should not have needed to switch.

You may have just got screwed, in general.

Leave my triangle alone. You on tonight at all man?

I think so. In like an hour or so. Let's get you to Top 500.

Or, let's tank me to rank 500 just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom