• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greddleok

Got an absolutely sick penta-kill as Zarya tonight and popping graviton surge after making their D.Va waste her DM on my grenades. Then turned a corner to see bastion sitting there for the team kill as the payload rolled in.

Feels good man.

Zarya has definitely replaced D.Va as my main. She was the one I wanted to play the most when I saw the game/art. She's just difficult to learn to play as when you first start.

antitrop

Got an absolutely sick penta-kill as Zarya tonight and popping graviton surge after making their D.Va waste her DM on my grenades. Then turned a corner to see bastion sitting there for the team kill as the payload rolled in.

Feels good man.

Zarya has definitely replaced D.Va as my main. She was the one I wanted to play the most when I saw the game/art. She's just difficult to learn to play as when you first start.
Zarya might be the only champ you can't play on pure mechanics alone. You need good game sense to get energy with consistency.

Greddleok

Zarya might be the only champ you can't play on pure mechanics alone. You need good game sense to get energy with consistency.

Yup. Some games I can keep 40+ constantly, and spend a lot of time at 90+. Then I get games where my team is full of pussies and flankers and I can only generate from my personal shields.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
iddqd really IS the best McCree in the world.

Those plays cemented it again.

Unbelievable.

Sn4ke_911

lol Taimou is in the chat.

2016-09-2622_35_58-ovqnlfy.png

Skii

Yeah the top 2 McCrees are Iddqd and Taimou. Ridiculous plays. I feel like all the best overwatch players are European lol.

Sn4ke_911

Wow man this chat has turned into a graveyard.

Looks like the mods woke up.

Skii

You have to wonder if Seagull is really pulling his weight for NRG. If the opposing team has a Reaper and Tracer flanking, he's just easily shutdown as Mei. He never really made massive plays. And as Genji, he was terrible. Shut down every single time by Iddqd. I don't understand why he isn't on Reaper more. It seems like a very solid pick for the meta in the tournament.

Anne

honestly NRG made it to the top 4 of the NA region side which is way better than I expected.

They're closer to being good than people think but big chokes and a couple of poor/uncoordinated calls blow them up every single time. They also don't have the big plays coming down to save them from those mistakes like other teams.

MUnited83

For you.
So here's a question -- is Bastion legitimately bad?

I've always kind of wondered this, but the main reason why Bastion is so bad is because he's a single fixed target to get mowed down by enemies who have learned where he is. But maybe everyone's sort of playing him wrong?

What I want to know is if his recon/walking mode is bad. It has a self heal and a hitscan rifle, and while I haven't had a good chance to try him out to test this, maybe Bastion is intended to be less of a camp and more of a mobile character than what we know of him today. What if he's meant to be a less mobile 76 that just has the ability to bunker down and let loose?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

I think he has his (very rare and situational) uses. In a couple of maps I will sometimes switch to him if the point can be seen from a decently overlooked spot. Nobody is expecting a Bastion to appear after 5 minutes of people playing with the same team, so i get really clean out a lot of people by doing this by surprise. It's often enough to get his ult too, which I'll use to clear out the remaining people and then change to my main pick for the match again.

He's a bad pick for a whole match, but an amazing wild card if played at the right time.

In just three matches I got the condensed OW solo play competitive experience™

- Two matches with Widowmaker on my team...on PS4
- Troll Mei
- An attack Hanzo of all people playing the "spam character on select to indicate who everyone else should play as to accommodate them"
- I end up being the Rein, somehow leave with gold eliminations, the DPS be slacking.

Final match
- Unnecessary third team tank Roadhog player of all people spamming we need healing, you'll take your harmony orb and like it!
- finishing that first defence round of kings row with 4 golds and one silver...as Zenyatta
- Then we initially have no offence heroes...on attack, we do have Hanzo and Mei however
(Fortunately I take up the role of Reaper, flank and capture Point A in less just over one minute, the team is actually solid and pushed through)
- We win, I retain those same 5 medals of 4 golds and a silver and the game gives me a card for...Transcendence! no one votes :(

Vvsk4ga.gif

(Actually I'm surprisingly not salty, if anything I'm reminded why I've stopped taking Competitive so seriously, it really is a crapshoot when it comes down to it.)

darklin0

Banned
The only thing I don't like is the Tracer picks on the KotH maps. It will just encourage bad tracers to waste an attack slot. T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom