• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paltheos

I'm getting that feeling where I'm not sure if I want to keep playing. On the one hand, the core game is fun. On the other hand, I'm still annoyed by bad teammates, Bastion/Torb/Sym on principle, and, most importantly at the moment, this Mei metagame, which can fuck right off. Why can she stall for so damn long? Why does she always have Blizzard and why is its area of effect the entire point? The other stuff was generally tolerable before but her ult's so strong now.

KiraFA37

Was match made as 6 randoms vs double 3 man groups. -_-

We won.

Ana is a fucking beast in koth.

Also ended the day on the exact same SR lmao. At least I didn't go lower I guess.

I've had such a match up happen 3 times this season and we all won those, I mean at first you are blaming Blizzard for getting matches against premades and afterwards you praise the system for picking such a "good" opponent.

What? Hook needs some tweaking.

Owzers

So, as Reinhardt, do you guys try to swing at an angle for extended range with the hammer hit box or just swing away like normal?

Comp on EU and yes. Thanks :)

Mostly it was sit on the point with some support and kill everything that tries to come in there D.va. I had some really great killstreaks there.

As a D.Va main- serious congratulations. That is putting in work, and on the point even. Just great.
I do have one question: What's the story with the really low damage blocked? Did you have a pocket Mercy? If not, what was the opposing team make-up that let you go all-offense while point-holding? Truly curious here, never had a stat board with that big a k/d, but that low a DM-use tally.

i identify w/ this pic

tumblr_obj4ubdvhn1sjquvxo1_400.jpg

buff widowmaker

Yeah, trouble is it's pretty rare to actually win. The next game was on Gibraltar, team pushed the payload 66% of the way to the first checkpoint before whiffing and of course there was no way we could hold it there on defense.

Damn, sorry, man. Don't give up hope. Maybe some mic work would help? I'd help you out, but you're in Europe, on PC, and play my hero. Other than that, I think it could work.

What website is that breakdown from? I just started playing and that looks super informative.

It's overbuff. But take what that site says with a grain of salt, because it's not entirely accurate.
Just as an example, I checked it after my 10 placement matches, where I scored 7 losses and 3 wins, however, on the character stats, it shows 8 losses and 2 wins.

That never ceases to amaze me how often it happens. Hollywood has one of the easiest chokes to cover and then so many people are just like "Let's spawn camp and all just die".

As Zenyatta, all I can do is throw a Harmony Orb at them and watch as it turns to a skull in like 2 seconds.

For me being in LoS of spawn campers as Zen on Hollywood is a death sentence. I'm not joining in the Skull Farm they have going just to Harmony them for the last seconds of their miserable lives.

It's overbuff. But take what that site says with a grain of salt, because it's not entirely accurate.
Just as an example, I checked it after my 10 placement matches, where I scored 7 losses and 3 wins, however, on the character stats, it shows 8 losses and 2 wins.

I play Zenyatta on defense and Ana on attack. I almost never play the same character for the entire match. Overbuff literally has no idea what to do with me.

Tovarisc

Silver in kills, gold in damage done, gold in objective kills and silver in objective time. Constantly make efforts to push to objective as Zarya and bust your ass off as her. Game is defeat.

-40SR

Yeah, my personal skill definitely sucked ass so it needed to be adjusted downwards.

#salt

Silver in kills, gold in damage done, gold in objective kills and silver in objective time. Constantly make efforts to push to objective as Zarya and bust your ass off as her. Game is defeat.

-40SR

Yeah, my personal skill definitely sucked ass so it needed to be adjusted downwards.

#salt

It's pretty rough when your team is expected to win and they're no better than the "underdog" team lol.

But yeah, something is off with Blizzard's individual measures of SR performance.

I feel like they just keep trying stuff to see what works.

Tovarisc

It's pretty rough when your team is expected to win and they're no better than the "underdog" team lol.

But yeah, something is off with Blizzard's individual measures of SR performance.

I feel like they just keep trying stuff to see what works.

Few days ago I was ~2550, if I lose game I'm currently on I will be <2300. Without any large or even noticeable differences in my personal level of play. Such a good system.

zoukka

Games are too predictable.

Are my teammates on the voice channel?
Do we have 2 tanks and a lucio?

Yeah I smell a win.

VS: instalocked widow/hanzo/torb, no communication.

What I do seems to be of little consequence to the results.

Danj

As a D.Va main- serious congratulations. That is putting in work, and on the point even. Just great.
I do have one question: What's the story with the really low damage blocked? Did you have a pocket Mercy? If not, what was the opposing team make-up that let you go all-offense while point-holding? Truly curious here, never had a stat board with that big a k/d, but that low a DM-use tally.

I think I did have a pocket Mercy actually - not by arrangement or anything, I guess the rando Mercy decided that healing me on the point would be a good idea. I need more practice with regard to when and for how long to activate Defense Matrix.

Finally got to level 25 on PC but I'm not sure if I'm ready for competitive yet. :(
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Jellie-21742
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Jellie-21742

Some of the stats on overbuff are inflated since it counts a win and a loss as one game so if I have a bad win ratio on a hero then it'll get inflated more.
Thinking of using Zen and Zarya mainly when I do go comp. PC is much easier to deal with Tracer as Zen than on PS4 :D

Your stats aren't that bad for PC. You should be fine for competitive.

Jellie

Your stats aren't that bad for PC. You should be fine for competitive.
Feels like I'm worse compared to PS4 though. :/
Indeed, I only recommend getting somebody to team up with for placement since that can be hit a miss when going solo. I got lucky and had some good teams and got placed at 2476 iirc.
I don't mind doing placements solo. Got 3049 or 3149 solo on PS4 can't remember which.

Tovarisc

Indeed, I only recommend getting somebody to team up with for placement since that can be hit a miss when going solo. I got lucky and had some good teams and got placed at 2476 iirc.

Whole ranked system is purely hit and miss with mostly misses. Can't take this SR system seriously anymore.

MGrant

Shit I'm tired of seeing tonight:

- Shitty Junkrats
- Teams in which more than one person plays a flanker (aka let's pick Genji, Tracer, and Pharah, what could go wrong?)
- Teams in which no one plays a frontline offense
- Shitty Junkrats

Well, the transition from a controller to a mouse is not 1 to 1. Also the gameplay between the two is not 1 to 1. So although there are similarities the metas are vastly different.

Right now, you're easily a platinum level just based on those stats.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Wyndstryker-1516

My stats for comparison. Sure I had a slump on the SR but I can claw my way back up to mid plat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bastion shouldnt be hookable in the first place

like roadhog isnt that strong to pull a fucking giant metal turret thats planted firmly in the ground. its just like ulted Torbjorn getting frozen. like.. what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom