• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

bastion shouldnt be hookable in the first place

tumblr_m2wbwkc84x1ru37dno1_500.gif

So I just lost to a team with 4 D.va's. How exactly do you counter that? Tried Zarya and reaper and roadhog but they kept just forming a wall of defense matrix together and then rushing us.

Hanzo stigma needs to die asap some random helped bring back 2 down koth with hanzo.

I helped turn around another koth map as well after switchimg to him.
A while ago I remember some guy messaged me "no hanzo" before the match even started and he intentionally picked widow to psyche me into changing lol.

Jellie

Well, the transition from a controller to a mouse is not 1 to 1. Also the gameplay between the two is not 1 to 1. So although there are similarities the metas are vastly different.

Right now, you're easily a platinum level just based on those stats.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Wyndstryker-1516

My stats for comparison. Sure I had a slump on the SR but I can claw my way back up to mid plat.

Might try it once I get to 25 hours ingame. Currently 18.
So I just lost to a team with 4 D.va's. How exactly do you counter that? Tried Zarya and reaper and roadhog but they kept just forming a wall of defense matrix together and then rushing us.

You need multiple of the same character that counters them so 4 zaryas would do the job. You have to rely on your team to realise it though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hanzo stigma needs to die asap some random helped bring back 2 down koth with hanzo.

I helped turn around another koth map as well after switchimg to him.
A while ago I remember some guy messaged me "no hanzo" before the match even started and he intentionally picked widow to psyche me into changing lol.

Tbh i'm also always sceptical when i see someone pick Hanzo because getting a really good Hanzo player is very rare, most just suck and drag the team down.

it's simple, you don't care.

Quick Play is more like a practice mode.

Mei, Zarya, Zen.

Technically 4 Zarya should hard counter 4 Dva. But basically those three can do a lot in neutralizing Dvas

aeolist

Banned
the brawl will be normal QP except the junkrat model will be transplanted onto every character's rig

should be moderately terrifying

Azoor

like roadhog isnt that strong to pull a fucking giant metal turret thats planted firmly in the ground. its just like ulted Torbjorn getting frozen. like.. what?

If he could hook D.va's mech then he could hook anything.

Quick Play, what even is this mode, pair up with people who want to goof off and against the pub stompers?

How else am I supposed to practice with some characters without going into ranked?

You can't do that... hearing footsteps is kinda important.

How does Zenyatta work, you hear his balls jingle?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Games are too predictable.

Are my teammates on the voice channel?
Do we have 2 tanks and a lucio?

Yeah I smell a win.

VS: instalocked widow/hanzo/torb, no communication.

What I do seems to be of little consequence to the results.

I won King's row yesterday with attack Hanzo and attack torb.

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure the guy picked attack torb because he was salty about having to play with an attack Hanzo. I honestly think Hanzo is good for kings row anyway but whatever, we won.

like roadhog isnt that strong to pull a fucking giant metal turret thats planted firmly in the ground. its just like ulted Torbjorn getting frozen. like.. what?
How do you know Roadhog isn't that strong? If that's the case, why can he hook Reinhardt? He's huge!

It's called game consistency lol

don't you play on consoles?
And? Console players aren't entitled to an opinion?
Console players complaining about Zarya, aren't realizing that she is 10x more of a monster on PC than console. And I'm a console player.
Is this because she can aim better on PC? That's not really a good argument because so can her opponents. Same with console, except their aim is a bit worse universally.

komaruR

Might try it once I get to 25 hours ingame. Currently 18.

You need multiple of the same character that counters them so 4 zaryas would do the job. You have to rely on your team to realise it though.

how do you feel about your aim tho? you think its better than ps4 or worse?
since it just the mechanical part is different and the knowledge is the same.

Skii

I recently got the El Blanco skin for Reaper (first legendary for Reaps but had to buy it :/) and his voice line for it is hilarious. It makes Reaper 10x better and I was already a massive fan.

This one?

Yeah that one. Guess it's more a witch but you know, I had pumpkins on my mind since it's fall and all.

How much money you have put aside in case you need go to lootbox purchasing spree for that skin?

I never got USA McCree, even though I WANTED it bad. At most I'll spend like $15-20 on boxes.

If a PC player who solo mains Genji and can't screenshot can do it, so can I.

finalflame

When the Genji nerfs were being implemented, it was predicted. So many people whine about it because she is the new big bad.
Basically if any one person gets killed by the same hero too many times, they will immediately flock to this thread/reddit/OW forums and start calling for nerfs. People don't understand that a hero shooter will never be absolutely balanced and greatly depends on teamwork/countering.

They need to nerf the characters that make this game a Q spamfest.

Zarya would be my number one on the list.

Really? Zarya's ult, while game changing, charges fairly slowly. The game is hardly a "Q spamfest", and if you want the game to become more like CS:GO or CoD, or any other shooter without ultimates, go play those instead.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They just need to buff the basic abilities that gives some counterplay to ults, like defense matrix, sleep dart, hook, and freeze ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom