• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
And? Console players aren't entitled to an opinion?

Is this because she can aim better on PC? That's not really a good argument because so can her opponents. Same with console, except their aim is a bit worse universally.

I've seen lots of Zarya's with god tier tracking on PC. Zarya does have a lot of sustainability, so just because everyone else can aim better doesn't mean it's going to put a stop to her. She's not really hard to hit either.

Jellie

how do you feel about your aim tho? you think its better than ps4 or worse?
since it just the mechanical part is different and the knowledge is the same.
It's better but so is everybody else's. Also varies depending on who I play as. The most obvious to see is mccree I went from 41% to 48% accuracy but I still suck with him anyway. Zarya is easier to aim on console due to aim assist and tracer is too.

DevilDog

I've seen lots of Zarya's with god tier tracking on PC. Zarya does have a lot of sustainability, so just because everyone else can aim better doesn't mean it's going to put a stop to her. She's not really hard to hit either.
Isn't she the hardest tank to hit? Also when Mcree stuns her, her head does a weird bob that prevents you from getting headshots on her.

Really? Zarya's ult, while game changing, charges fairly slowly. The game is hardly a "Q spamfest", and if you want the game to become more like CS:GO or CoD, or any other shooter without ultimates, go play those instead.

Hard to take you seriously when this comment is basically go back to COD lel.

caesar

Banned
It's better but so is everybody else's. Also varies depending on who I play as. The most obvious to see is mccree I went from 41% to 48% accuracy but I still suck with him anyway. Zarya is easier to aim on console due to aim assist and tracer is too.

Funny my aim is much much better on pc, I played Quake 3/Live and UT2K4 for years though. It's a little inconsistent atm but its getting there, only had the game on pc for 6 days.

darklin0

Banned
Basically if any one person gets killed by the same hero too many times, they will immediately flock to this thread/reddit/OW forums and start calling for nerfs. People don't understand that a hero shooter will never be absolutely balanced and greatly depends on teamwork/countering.

Really? Zarya's ult, while game changing, charges fairly slowly. The game is hardly a "Q spamfest", and if you want the game to become more like CS:GO or CoD, or any other shooter without ultimates, go play those instead.
I agree, she isn't even that hard to play against.
Her counter is: She bubbles? Let go of the shoot button.
If you are giving her the opportunity to hold on to the bubble so she pops it when she wants, that is on your team. You have to force them out of her so she doesn't have them during key ults.
Nerf Mei, Roadhog, and Mercy

Buff Torb, Zen, and Winston

Zen is in a good spot now.
Winston's only change needs to be added momentum on his shield so it travels with him when he jumps.
Mei isn't bad if you stay at a range.
Roadhog is a bullet sponge to build your ult off of.
Mercy shouldn't be able to revive through walls.
Torb and Sym are the super weak ones that need balancing.

Jellie

Funny my aim is much much better on pc, I played Quake 3/Live and UT2K4 for years though. It's a little inconsistent atm but its getting there, only had the game on pc for 6 days.
I have next to no experience on PC though so it takes getting used to. For example first day I pressed q on zarya when I wanted to shield myself as e is to the right of w so I stupidly figured left of w for my own shield. I do find it better than console though but mechanically I need to improve. The game knowledge is there though.

Skii

I'm probably going to get the game on PC soon so I'll be seeing you on there!

Gonna miss my Nihon Genji though :(

Zen is in a good spot now.
Winston's only change needs to be added momentum on his shield so it travels with him when he jumps.
Mei isn't bad if you stay at a range.
Roadhog is a bullet sponge to build your ult off of.
Mercy shouldn't be able to revive through walls.
Torb and Sym are the super weak ones that need balancing.
Zen is in a great spot.
I would be ok with that Winston change, but he's fine where he is.
Mei is perfectly fine.
Roadhog is definitely fine.
Mercy is probably the worst healer right now, she by no means needs a nerf.
Agreed on your last point.

Jellie

I'm probably going to get the game on PC soon so I'll be seeing you on there!

Gonna miss my Nihon Genji though :(
I start my postgraduate on Wednesday so I'll be limited to playing rarely for a year 😭.

I'll make sure to add you though. I miss my skin's. The first legendary I got was biker torb..
At least I got zenyattas Ra skin.

I have similar experience years of Q3/Qlive, this is my most recent FPS game. While my aim is arguably better on PC, I found the most notable improvement from controller to KB/M is the movement. Having a mechanical keyboard and doing strafe circles is much more efficient (less wasted movement) than churning circles on the analog stick.

I do find anyone who uses projectiles to be light years easier to use on PC (specifically pharah because of my Q3 experience).

Jellie

I have similar experience years of Q3/Qlive, this is my most recent FPS game. While my aim is arguably better on PC, I found the most notable improvement from controller to KB/M is the movement. Having a mechanical keyboard and doing strafe circles is much more efficient (less wasted movement) than churning circles on the analog stick.

I do find anyone who uses projectiles to be light years easier to use on PC (specifically pharah because of my Q3 experience).
Yeah I've found Zens projectile to be much easier to get kills with and easier to survive. Though there are a lot more competent widows compared to console.

DevilDog

Zen is in a great spot.
I would be ok with that Winston change, but he's fine where he is.
Mei is perfectly fine.
Roadhog is definitely fine.
Mercy is probably the worst healer right now, she by no means needs a nerf.
Agreed on your last point.

I would love for mercy to do 1 person rez, more often.

And they have to get rid of the revives she does while in spawn.

Watchpoint gibraltar :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Problem with mercy is that she lives and dies by how viable pharah is.

It's kinda weird how fandom translate into the meta. Or vice versa.

We actually decided that Zarya was more of a problem on console because of the aiming thing. But I've actually relaxed a bit on the 'Zarya is OP' train. She is definitely a beast, but I think people are dealing with her more effectively lately.

It would be nice to not see her in every Esport game, but whatever. I wouldn't feel much of anything if she was nerfed, buffed, or stayed the same.

Urgh. Last 3 games in a row I've just been dying constantly. I don't get why this happens, there are some games where I'll go 10:1 elim death ratio, most games where I'll go 3:1 and then the occasional games where I'll go 1:1 or worse. I don't get it, I don't feel like I'm playing THAT much worse in those ones. Just feels like there are some games where I get caught in random spam shit more than others.

Just give Mercy a better gun.

A pocket Pharah. It shoots mini rockets instead of her regular shooter.

You know what. Make that a new comp weapon skin for Mercy.

Nimby

Banned
Rez is pretty much useless unless you are getting the whole team or the 'carriers'. A Reinhardt and a DPS is a good rez, but then someone will die 2 seconds later because they were half way committing and half way retreating, and once again you're down a man or two, and that usually means you lost again.

Rez is also easily countered by pretty much every ult in the game. You can easily get wiped again if they have another good ult.

The issue is being able to revive from spawn when she is on defense in the last point of Gibraltar. Nerf her being able to revive through walls or fix that.

Just prevent her from using her ult in the spawn room. I don't really think this needs to be changed though.

caesar

Banned

Cool, did you play on eu servers? Maybe I know you :)

Rez is pretty much useless unless you are getting the whole team or the 'carriers'. A Reinhardt and a DPS is a good rez, but then someone will die 2 seconds later because they were half way committing and half way retreating, and once again you're down a man or two, and that usually means you lost again.

Rez is also easily countered by pretty much every ult in the game. You can easily get wiped again if they have another good ult.

On the flip end of the spectrum many teams blow their ults and then a Mercy res allows her team to use their ults to blow the other team back.

So it's both easily counted by ults but technically also an ult counter.

Azoor

The issue is being able to revive from spawn when she is on defense in the last point of Gibraltar. Nerf her being able to revive through walls or fix that.

I think this is an oversight when it comes to the map rather than the hero to be honest.

finalflame

I agree, she isn't even that hard to play against.
Her counter is: She bubbles? Let go of the shoot button.
If you are giving her the opportunity to hold on to the bubble so she pops it when she wants, that is on your team. You have to force them out of her so she doesn't have them during key ults.
Yup. People seem not to understand Zarya's bubble, once it's down, is on a 10 second cool-down. That's way more than enough to decide what you want to do with her before it's up again. And yes, stop shooting straight into her bubbles unless you intend to pop it and kill her all in one sitting.

IHard to take you seriously when this comment is basically go back to COD lel.

Hard to take you seriously when you're asking to "nerf", across the board, one of the most unique aspects of OW. If you want the game to fundamentally be something else, go play that something else. Ults are pretty well balanced amongst themselves in how often they are used.

Nimby

Banned
On the flip end of the spectrum many teams blow their ults and then a Mercy res allows her team to use their ults to blow the other team back.

So it's both easily counted by ults but technically also an ult counter.

This is a lot less common now since people will expect the rez after a good wipe.

Urgh. Last 3 games in a row I've just been dying constantly. I don't get why this happens, there are some games where I'll go 10:1 elim death ratio, most games where I'll go 3:1 and then the occasional games where I'll go 1:1 or worse. I don't get it, I don't feel like I'm playing THAT much worse in those ones. Just feels like there are some games where I get caught in random spam shit more than others.

The worst strings of repeated deaths are when you just keep strolling out of the spawn into enemy ults the moment you return to the battle, extra annoyance if it's used exclusively on your face.

The worst strings of repeated deaths are when you just keep strolling out of the spawn into enemy ults the moment you return to the battle, extra annoyance if it's used exclusively on your face.
Yes :(

One of the worst things about anyone that isn't a tank. Turning a corner as Tracer and getting hit by a fire strike that wasn't for you, getting shot by a Widow who was aiming at someone else, getting clipped by Rein's charge hit box even though you were flying 2m+ above him... blergh

darklin0

Banned
Just prevent her from using her ult in the spawn room. I don't really think this needs to be changed though.

I think this is an oversight when it comes to the map rather than the hero to be honest.
It is all I want changed.
Yup. People seem not to understand Zarya's bubble, once it's down, is on a 10 second cool-down. That's way more than enough to decide what you want to do with her before it's up again. And yes, stop shooting straight into her bubbles unless you intend to pop it and kill her all in one sitting.

Hard to take you seriously when you're asking to "nerf", across the board, one of the most unique aspects of OW. If you want the game to fundamentally be something else, go play that something else. Ults are pretty well balanced amongst themselves in how often they are used.
A well timed bubble can net you nice energy as Zarya but most of the time people won't stop shooting. It is a giant pink bubble for pete's sake!
I even saw pro players yesterday, during the OW open, emptying clips into people who got bubbled. I was yelling at my screen, "Let go of the fire button dammit!"

I think that's because pros want to take down her bubble so they can kill her faster. I would imagine that works a lot with a coordinated pro team. But with randoms? Good luck.

ricelord

Nerf Mei, Roadhog, and Mercy

Buff Torb, Zen, and Winston

Dont think mei need a nerf, they need to fix roadhog fucking hook, mercy ult should have a LoS and she be fine

Torb, no idea to do with him, zen is fine and winston bubble need more health, like 1000 or something.

finalflame

A well timed bubble can net you nice energy as Zarya but most of the time people won't stop shooting. It is a giant pink bubble for pete's sake!
I even saw pro players yesterday, during the OW open, emptying clips into people who got bubbled. I was yelling at my screen, "Let go of the fire button dammit!"

Yah, and the other reason pros probably do it is because partially, yes, Zarya can just walk into the already incoming shots and get some good charge, but also a fully charged Zarya is only a threat if you get close enough to her or are unable to move away from her slow projectiles at a distance. Pro teams have more coordination than to be constantly around a fully charged Zarya you can't counter, unless your team is just getting rolled at that moment.

Dont think mei need a nerf, they need to fix roadhog fucking hook, mercy ult should have a LoS and she be fine

Torb, no idea to do with him, zen is fine and winston bubble need more health, like 1000 or something.
Yes! Make it where his hook doesn't bug out and cheat you from the kill.

I've said it before, but I would actually be all for a nerf to ultimate charge rates across the board. I'd like to see fewer ultimates per match - I'd like them to be special and require more thoughtful use rather than dictate the flow of the game.

Just a personal opinion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It is all I want changed.

See, that's the thing.

You actually want to get rid of the bubbles quickly because they know the best way to get to 0 energy zarya is a dead zarya.

And waiting 2 secs is an eternity at that level. It just opens you up too much.

Mercy should be a melee character and her revive should have some build up
Zen's discord should be buffed to 60
Roadhog's hook should be removed since they can't seem to fix it
Mei should fall off a cliff

Hire me, Blizzard.

Anyone on PS4 that wants to group up? I have been solo queuing and stuck in the 2400-2500 range since Season 2, and would like some company for a change. Probably going to be on for a long time.

PSN is same as here.

I've said it before, but I would actually be all for a nerf to ultimate charge rates across the board. I'd like to see fewer ultimates per match - I'd like them to be special and require more thoughtful use rather than dictate the flow of the game.

Just a personal opinion.

I completely agree.
Some of them build up so fast now under the right circumstances.

Just a personal opinion.

They should just have a brawl with 50% less ult charge rate to test the waters.

darklin0

Banned
Yes :(

One of the worst things about anyone that isn't a tank. Turning a corner as Tracer and getting hit by a fire strike that wasn't for you, getting shot by a Widow who was aiming at someone else, getting clipped by Rein's charge hit box even though you were flying 2m+ above him... blergh
As a McCree player, turning a corner just to take an arrow to the head when it was a body shot meant for the tank. Feels so bad.
I think that's because pros want to take down her bubble so they can kill her faster. I would imagine that works a lot with a coordinated pro team. But with randoms? Good luck.

Yah, and the other reason pros probably do it is because partially, yes, Zarya can just walk into the already incoming shots and get some good charge, but also a fully charged Zarya is only a threat if you get close enough to her or are unable to move away from her slow projectiles at a distance. Pro teams have more coordination than to be constantly around a fully charged Zarya you can't counter, unless your team is just getting rolled at that moment.
Sometimes yes, they want to pop it to kill the target. The few times I saw it happen that made me irritated was a Tracer from mid range peppering an Ana, only taking her down 5% health, blinking in, start firing again, bubble pops after 2 shots, still empties the clip into the bubble, rewinds away and goes somewhere else. I was pretty livid during that particular exchange.

Yes, I can agree with you all on the points you made but there were a few times I had to shake my head in disbelief. One example of what I saw was a Tracer from mid range peppering an Ana, only taking her down 5% health, blinking in, start firing again, bubble pops after 2 shots, still empties the clip into the bubble, rewinds away and goes somewhere else.

I can see the logic of running at that point because the enemy could turn around and blast the Tracer down but why empty the clip into the bubble? Just blink away, don't power the Zarya! I was salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom