• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Yet weirdly enough it's the most diverse support meta so far.

Well, for now anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised to see all 4 supports played in the OW open pretty effectively. Though ana and lucio are definitely the most commonly used.

Yeah but people are slowly catching on in comp how to take 1st point/push.

Pick ana/rein, let rein take his shield down so you charge your ult and 45 secs later you boost him and he wipes their team. Works pretty much everytime. The only thing that seems to counter it is another nanoboost or a clutch sleep dart.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah but people are slowly catching on in comp how to take 1st point/push.

Pick ana/rein, let rein take his shield down so you charge your ult and 45 secs later you boost him and he wipes their team. Works pretty much everytime. The only thing that seems to counter it is another nanoboost or a clutch sleep dart.

Not even that really. It's why people are playing more mei now.

ok ? and

ur on the wrong side of history here. thats why anas ult is getting a nerf soon. LUL
I don't even know what we are talking about anymore but there is a difference between making valid points about how powerful a character is, and calling them 'butt hole cancer' while misspelling words making it look like you are raging.

Unless you are on a competitive team or above rank 4000 or so, I stand by my 'git gud' if you complain about Ana.

darklin0

Banned
Huh? The bomb was behind the shield what was he supposed to do?

And guess what people told me?

Turn around.
3cW2Hfx.jpg

Antiwhippy

Nerfed as in like she takes an extra 10 secs to build it lol.

Might be enough to throw off the balance now though once people learn to use mei walls better to confirm kills and cut LoS.

Satch

Banned
10 seconds is a long time in games like this

its an improvemnt that i like and it isnt heavy handed like the genji stuff and they compensated by giving her a buff somewhere els in her kit

Antiwhippy

My only complaint about Ana is that she is her own counter (Sleep Dart being the best answer to Nana's Old-Fashioned Vitaboost).

It's pretty good, but there are other ways (hook, freeze, wall, pin, earthshatter, snowball, whole hog, basically an CC ability)

I personally really like the sleep dart/nano counterplay. I mean you can argue that it's bad that it's reliant on one character but I like that there is counterplay to just pressing Q that takes some skill.

Antiwhippy

I mean nano is pretty good, but the real crux of the 3T3S thing is that nobody fucking dies because her burst healing is insane.

Could be countered now though now that people are using that mei + reaper combo.

darklin0

Banned
That would have been a hyper aware and very reactive Reinhardt.

No he doesn't. Rein is staring forward with his shield up thus being able to see the tracer dash in, he is also in third person, thus being able to see he got stuck. It is not rocket science, you literally turn around and block it with the shield.

No he doesn't. Rein is staring forward with his shield up thus being able to see the tracer dash in, he is also in third person, thus being able to see he got stuck. It is not rocket science, you literally turn around and block it with the shield.
If he got stuck, how can he escape? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here :p

I'm gonna go ahead and say that turning that fast is probably not possible on console.

lightus

Thought the new brawl mode would be fun. Instead it's mad annoying. Shouldn't have allowed duplicates in a team.

I just played my first match of it and found it extremely boring due to hero stacking. I was on attack as Zarya and basically everyone else was Mei. It was just constant Mei ults and ice walls. They were extremely hard to kill too as they could ice over so often.

Hopefully the next round will be more fun.

lightus

Yeah, second match was the same. The concept is cool, but hero stacking ruins it. It's not fun fighting again invincible Mei's, Zarya's and Roadhogs. It was pretty cool trying out Tracer and Winston on crack though.

Kaztinka

oh god Ana is hilariously fun in arcade
I've literally been putting a Dva to sleep for like 10 minutes haha
I know, I'm an asshole....

Tonight was a night where if this were any other game, I would just shelve it and never play it ever again. Sheesh. Every single team I was put on - Quick Play or Competitive, was just complete dumbassery. The only game I won was where the team was just fucking around and played a 6 Lucio stack on Nepal. Every other game was a loss - it was unbelievable. You figure odds are at some point you're going to be paired with a team that has some sort of concept of how to play the game of Overwatch, but sheesh.

Tonight was real bad. Might just not play for a few days and work on some other games I've been meaning to get to instead. I'm getting way too annoyed.

I-hate-u

On ptr they reduced her ult charge by 20% or somethign like that and then made it so that her grenade has bigger range

thats fair imo

To add to that, her grenade heals 200 hp now supposedly. Though I am still not sure if it's a bug b/c it's not in the balance notes.

ZangBa

The matchmaking in this game is Goddamn broken, I don't care what anyone says. How can every single game I've played been stacked against me in terms of grouped players? Of course I'm forced to play tank because no one will if I don't, and guess who gets gold in damage while blocking 25k.

ricelord

What's all this talk of nerfing Zarya? Her bubbles are a long 10 second charge, the beam for her gun is low range, the alt fire is very slow and to keep her charge up you have to have good situational awareness and constantly bubble under-fire teammates.

Her main perk is her 200 hp 200 shields. Fully charged she's dangerous, but as noted it takes effort to get there and even more so to keep it.

Her ult is one of the strongest in the game but only when combined with teammate coordination. On top of that it takes a long time to build.

I main Zarya, because I like her play style. I find other characters easier to play though.

She's not even difficult to handle. If you're attacking her, stop when she's bubbling and stay mobile. She has very little mobility and she's rather large. Just keep mid distance from her to avoid her beam.

The only character she has a large advantage over is D.Va. This is mainly because a lot of D.Va players don't know/notice that Zarya's beam goes straight through her defense matrix.

Due to the fact that the assist aim make it dead easy to hit people now with her, she can pretty much melt anyone face off and the only way to counter her is to know where she is at at all time and not to shoot in her general location just in case she wanted to pop her bubble to that damage boost or to dps her down and kill her before things get out of hand.

lightus

Due to the fact that the assist aim make it dead easy to hit people now with her, she can pretty much melt anyone face off and the only way to counter her is to know where she is at at all time and not to shoot in her general location just in case she wanted to pop her bubble to that damage boost or to dps her down and kill her before things get out of hand.

I don't know, I haven't had much issue dealing with her. Her beam still isn't all that powerful unless she's higher energy, which takes effort to achieve.

She only has 2 seconds worth of bubble and 10 seconds of recharge. Bait her into using her bubble early and keep midrange distance if you can to stay out of her beam.

She's pretty slow and has little mobility. Also, 400hp is better than offensive heroes but isn't great for taking on multiple opponents. Two against one should be a piece of cake since she's big and slow. Just make sure to finish her off so that she doesn't get the chance to recharge her shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom