• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

I wish there was a way to send this to the vast majority of my solo queue teammates.

55GzzjD.jpg

lightus

I mean 2 v 1 any character in the game and you'll win.

I mean to imply that due to low mobility she'll be less able to escape from multiple opponents, unlike other heroes such as D.Va / Tracer / etc

I mean, I guess if Zarya is just destroying then sure nerf her. I just don't see that being the case in my experience.

ZangBa

I'm just sick of Zarya being a 100% pick in everything. I can't remember the last time I didn't see her. I've seen games without Reinhardt and Lucio all the time, but Zarya always.

finalflame

I'm just sick of Zarya being a 100% pick in everything. I can't remember the last time I didn't see her. I've seen games without Reinhardt and Lucio all the time, but Zarya always.

Probably because she's one of the most balanced and useful heroes in the game, not because she is OP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is why would you ever be in that situation? I feel like if you're ever in that situation you've fucked up. They give you the ability to shield another person for a reason.

ZangBa

Probably because she's one of the most balanced and useful heroes in the game, not because she is OP.

Ok, but I didn't say she was OP so I don't know where you're getting that from. I'd only like to see a range reduction on the laser. Nothing major, but a bit.

I don't think anyone is OP right now.

finalflame

Ok, but I didn't say she was OP so I don't know where you're getting that from. I'd only like to see a range reduction on the laser. Nothing major, but a bit.

I don't think anyone is OP right now.

Sorry, the past few weeks this thread has been ripe with requests to nerf Zarya, and it just has some of us on the defense.

A range reduction on the laser would not stop her from being picked in pretty much every single game. To be honest, her laser's range isn't even that long, i'm not sure why we're talking about reducing it.

I honestly doubt Blizzard will touch Zarya. If anything, the PTR patch shows us it's not even on their mind, or we'd have seen an adjustment being tested.

finalflame

Don't change a thing about zarya.

Just make DM eat laser. :3

I played a LOT of D.Va in Season 1 and early Season 2, and the only time I had ANY trouble staying alive was when there was a Zarya on the enemy team who focused on me. She is basically D.Va's only "hard" counter. I don't think it would be a wise move to make DM eat the beam or D.Vas will go hog-wild.

Antiwhippy

There are plenty of ways to counter DVa. Zarya's popularity is pretty much the reason why she's crowded out now that she's only used as a stall tactic and also in numbani phase 1. I really don't think that should be the intended affect.

ZangBa

Sorry, the past few weeks this thread has been ripe with requests to nerf Zarya, and it just has some of us on the defense.

A range reduction on the laser would not stop her from being picked in pretty much every single game. To be honest, her laser's range isn't even that long, i'm not sure why we're talking about reducing it.

I honestly doubt Blizzard will touch Zarya. If anything, the PTR patch shows us it's not even on their mind, or we'd have seen an adjustment being tested.

I don't want to destroy her like some people, I just feel the range is a little too long. I know she will be picked all the time regardless of this until something ends up countering her hard enough to make her more situational.

finalflame

There are plenty of ways to counter DVa. Zarya's popularity is pretty much the reason why she's crowded out now that she's only used as a stall tactic and also in numbani phase 1. I really don't think that should be the intended affect.

You say "plenty of ways", but then don't give any examples. Yes, there are ways to bring down D.Va, she's not flawless, but Zarya is the only hero she REALLY cannot hold her own against no matter what. I guess Mei is kind of a PITA as well.

But yah, the popularity of Zaryas makes her a pretty hard hero to pick/play. I still do play her sometimes, though, usually with great success, on a variety of maps (usually assault/hybrid).

I love D.Va, she's probably my favorite hero, so if anything I have a vested interest in her DM getting buffed..but I don't see it happening.

I don't want to destroy her like some people, I just feel the range is a little too long. I know she will be picked all the time regardless of this until something ends up countering her hard enough to make her more situational.

Yah, I think the best "nerf" for Zarya wold be to make Sombra's kit counter her. Maybe have part of her kit pierce/ignore shields, or something.

Antiwhippy

Mei, anything that can bring her out of position that bypasses DM (hook, charge), rein if he's not stupid and is actually fighting with his team. Anything in range she can't actually counter with anything except for DM, which is crazy good, but brought more in line now with the 1 sec wait to recharge once you've depleted it.

Like, zarya is a stupidly hard counter to her and I don't really see why she needs to be one?

Like, what's a stupidly hard counter to Zarya that aren't your usual tank busters?

finalflame

Mei, anything that can bring her out of position that bypasses DM (hook, charge), rein if he's not stupid and is actually fighting with his team. Anything in range she can't actually counter with anything except for DM, which is crazy good, but brought more in line now with the 1 sec wait to recharge once you've depleted it.

Like, zarya is a stupidly hard counter to her and I don't really see why she needs to be one?

Like, what's a stupidly hard counter to Zarya that aren't your usual tank busters?

I've never felt threatened by a hook or Rein charge. If Rein charges me and I'm low enough health for it to be an eject, I'll still have my zero-suit form and can usually just choose to eject away. If Hog hooks me, just DM his follow up shot and boost away. Mei is annoying, but she honestly won't do enough damage on her own to kill you, and if you got caught within a Mei's range as a D.Va that's a bad play on your part.

Zarya is the only hero that checks D.Va hard. I guess an argument could be made for whether that's needed or not, but I feel extremely powerful as D.Va when there's no Zarya, and helpless when there's a good Zarya that actually focuses on me most of the time. The right solution, IMO, is to just have your team counter the enemy Zarya so you can swoop in as D.Va.

As for Zarya's counters: Roadhog, Reaper, McCree if you watch her shield and have half decent aim, Tracer, Pharah.

All of the above are useless against D.Va unless the D.Va is bad, because DM swallows bullets/rockets.

Menome

Had one of my best matches as Mei last night, defending King's Row in Mobawatch. Only died three times but I was constantly on the point and keeping the opposing team off it, as well as taking out their Ana and Genji consistently. Ended up winning after the other team initially steamrolled us up until the last part of the map.

Was rewarded with a pretty instant 8 votes in the results screen and a bunch of 'New Record' and Gold Medals.

Greddleok

Yup!! Tracer is the downfall of Zarya. Does a lot of damage quickly, and prevents you from retreating to regen your shields. Really hard to catch her too.

Had one the other day who would just NOT let my Zarya do anything. No one was dealing with her and she was really good so just shut me down.

zoukka

I won King's row yesterday with attack Hanzo and attack torb.

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure the guy picked attack torb because he was salty about having to play with an attack Hanzo. I honestly think Hanzo is good for kings row anyway but whatever, we won.

Yeah I don't even have anything against hanzo, but empirically, most hanzo mains are just super bad at the game. I mean why are you standing next to our team blob when you can blimb around and take high ground, why do you not save your dragonstrike with our CC ults, why do you go in front of our tanks and get sniped -.-

why

(actually Junkrats are the worst at running in the front line and getting sniped... goddamn)

I played a LOT of D.Va in Season 1 and early Season 2, and the only time I had ANY trouble staying alive was when there was a Zarya on the enemy team who focused on me. She is basically D.Va's only "hard" counter. I don't think it would be a wise move to make DM eat the beam or D.Vas will go hog-wild.

Hmmm, D.Va going "hog wild" you say? This is good. This should happen.

Antiwhippy

Mekaless DVa is honestly useless at any high level play. You just gotta hit your shots to farm ult but that's about it.

How do you DM roadhog's followup shots? Unless roadhog is slow you're literally too stunned to actually do anything but eat it. Also what people don't understand is that roadhog's hook is a stun that brings you severely out of position, and people really should be shooting the people as he reels them in.

I don't think roadhog checks zarya hard at all. If anything zarya helps her team deal with roadhog the best because she can react shield hooked victims. Like honestly, anything that can prevent his hooks is a counter for roadhog. Sure you can make zarya pop her bubble too early and then hook her in afterwards but you can say that for every other hero.

Any good reaper can take out DVa. The damage reduction is not severe enough and her critical hitbox is so huge that it kinda doesn't matter because every pellet crits. You can DM all day but you have to shoot sooner or later.

Same deal with mccree, though he probably has a harder time when you get up all in his shit.

High level zaryas really should not have any trouble dealing with tracer. Even at 50% energy her damage is so high that she can deal severe damage to tracer if she's even half decent at tracking.

Pharah is a counter, but again, you can DM her rockets all day but that does nothing for you 1 v 1, but DVa shouldn't be in a 1 v 1 situation with pharah anyway so whatever.

I've never felt threatened by a hook or Rein charge. If Rein charges me and I'm low enough health for it to be an eject, I'll still have my zero-suit form and can usually just choose to eject away. If Hog hooks me, just DM his follow up shot and boost away. Mei is annoying, but she honestly won't do enough damage on her own to kill you, and if you got caught within a Mei's range as a D.Va that's a bad play on your part.

Zarya is the only hero that checks D.Va hard. I guess an argument could be made for whether that's needed or not, but I feel extremely powerful as D.Va when there's no Zarya, and helpless when there's a good Zarya that actually focuses on me most of the time. The right solution, IMO, is to just have your team counter the enemy Zarya so you can swoop in as D.Va.

As for Zarya's counters: Roadhog, Reaper, McCree if you watch her shield and have half decent aim, Tracer, Pharah.

All of the above are useless against D.Va unless the D.Va is bad, because DM swallows bullets/rockets.

Reaper is a damn bitch to deal with. Simply cannot kill him all the way most times. And then I'm down to low health and he's ghosting off to find health. Fuck Reaper.

4 gold medals as D.Va, 65% participation in kills, in full-on "snatch victory from the jaws of defeat" mode late on Hollywood. Pull out a victory, and one (ONE!!!) vote on the cards (the one was my own because fuck you Lucio and your 5000 damage healed/ 15% healed- and 5 team votes).

This is my life.

MrPanic

Hm, that's a new one. Guy in comp says he's gonna troll and make us lose on purpose, but the enemy team was so bad we still steamrolled them anyway. He actually started picking normal characters over halfway through the match because he saw he couldn't really lose us the game anyway, almost felt bad for him that his trolling backfired so hard.

Really need to stop playing this game past midnight, matchmaking gets really iffy the later it gets.

Lately I have been making sure I kill the zenyatta first before ulting as genji. If he ults to counter your ult then its like standing there for 6 seconds with my dick in my hands.

Also I make sure to try and kill mercy as my first target because duh.

Greddleok

I play Reaper often and find D'va to be an incredibly easy target, not even getting the jump on her.

Yeah, the defence matrix doesn't have a short enough cool down to deal with reaper's reloads. I don't think it needs to be adjusted (although I do think reaper's reload should be slower, or have fewer shots per clip).

As D.Va if I see a Reaper, I just fly away, unless I've got a DPS who's also shooting him. Never going to win that 1-on-1.

Lately I have been making sure I kill the zenyatta first before ulting as genji. If he ults to counter your ult then its like standing there for 6 seconds with my dick in my hands.

Also I make sure to try and kill mercy as my first target because duh.

Holy shit, so you actually know how to play Genji. We should play together ��

BrutalWrite

Neo Member
Does anyone else feel like they alway need to fill in as a healer or tank?

I play on EU and it seems no one wants to win. I always feel like I'm locking Lucio or Reinhardt just for the hope that we might squeeze a win.

I guess that's solo queue for you... Going 8-2 on wins last night though wasn't so bad.

Azoor

I play on EU and it seems no one wants to win. I always feel like I'm locking Lucio or Reinhardt just for the hope that we might squeeze a win.

I guess that's solo queue for you... Going 8-2 on wins last night though wasn't so bad.

Lucio and Mercy are my most played Heroes so I feel you.

Yup, all the time, luckily I always enjoy playing support classes so it's not a big deal. The problem is that it means leaves you hoping the rest of your team is competent enough to play their roles. My friend and I have been specifically rolling as a Lucio-Zen combo to try and at least take care of the support side of a team in hope that everyone else who won't play them can do a better job being offensive. It actually appears to be working as I am on an upswing from 2100's to the 2400's. Can get frustrating sometimes because I do want to play Tracer more often but I guess thats what QP is for.

Antiwhippy

I feel like you don't really have to force yourself to be lucio and rein. There are diverse enough playstyles in those roles.

Nowadays I'll go ana depending if my team needs the burst healing, or zen if my team needs help getting picks. I'll switch to lucio now and then because sometimes you just need lucio, but also to get boops in KotH.

Mutombo

dude. even when i play with friends i have to convince them to stop playing offensive characters, when they aren't that good with it, because if you want to win you have to play support.

Granted, he had been doing it, and he didn't want to play support anymore.

My response was: but I've been support for the past games as well (two supports).

people have to learn to play zenyatta more, so you can at least shoot and heal, if playing support feels to passive for you.

Edit: my game this morning had two supports, actually.

Yup, all the time, luckily I always enjoy playing support classes so it's not a big deal. The problem is that it means leaves you hoping the rest of your team is competent enough to play their roles. My friend and I have been specifically rolling as a Lucio-Zen combo to try and at least take care of the support side of a team in hope that everyone else who won't play them can do a better job being offensive. It actually appears to be working as I am on an upswing from 2100's to the 2400's. Can get frustrating sometimes because I do want to play Tracer more often but I guess thats what QP is for.

Yeah, I'm a decent tracer and i really love to play her, but I find myself filling tank/support roles most of the time. It's okay though. I'm a decent Lucio/Zenyatta/Winston/Zarya.

Yeah, I'm a decent tracer and i really love to play her, but I find myself filling tank/support roles most of the time. It's okay though. I'm a decent Lucio/Zenyatta/Winston/Zarya.

I am primarily a controller player and the slower pace of support characters suits it better but sometimes I want to switch up to KB&M and just get stuck in with Tracer. It's super frustrating as a support, where you naturally find yourself at the back of the team, watching all sorts of things unfold and then nobody doing anything about it:

- Soldier/Mcree not shooting down Phara
- Tracer/Genji not harassing Mercy/Bastion
- Seeing Rein wander off without any dps behind

All you can do is just sit back and try to keep the shit show running by healing your ass off.

Antiwhippy

I am primarily a controller player and the slower pace of support characters suits it better but sometimes I want to switch up to KB&M and just get stuck in with Tracer. It's super frustrating as a support, where you naturally find yourself at the back of the team, watching all sorts of things unfold and then nobody doing anything about it:

- Soldier/Mcree not shooting down Phara
- Tracer/Genji not harassing Mercy/Bastion

Play ana.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kind of odd how they put hero limits on all the other brawls

but the brawl where Mei and Zarya are completely broken 'nah go wild'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When does the rest of the community discover 2-2-2 or even 4-2

because all of my placement matches are

1-1-4. Despite getting our shit kicked in by 2-2-2, MUST PLAY JUNKRAT MUST PLAY GENJI MUST PLAY REAPER

I can't aim for shit with Ana. For some reason aiming with zenyatta is hella easier. Would've liked playing more with Ana otherwise.

Aiming regular hip fired shots with Ana takes a lot of practice because it's a projectile but you don't really see it so you can't gauge how fast it's travelling to aim. Zen's orbs are pretty obvious when launched so you can visually make the adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom