• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice push from NiP!

Because zenyetta is honestly redundant.

His healing is made redundant just through ana's burst healing + lucio ana grenade combo, discord does jack shit when your only dps is roadhog, and if you want a dps pick a dps.

Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just a huge Zenyatta fanboy and it makes me sad to see him getting pushed out of the meita. :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What is this tactic? How does it work?

You basically force yourself out of graviton by getting the wall to push your team up.

He did it where there's a bridge on top for people to climb onto off the ice wall so I dunno how effective it would be if you have to drop down straight after but it's worth a try.

Dr. Buni

Second best offensive ultimate in the game. Shields herself and allies for 2 seconds. Can easily out DPS her counters if she's charged up. Smaller hitbox than the other tanks. Has a beam and projectile. She's just ridiculously versatile.
Yet she is far from being overpowered.

Blues1990

Man Echenwalde is just a horrible map for attacking. Same comp by NiP and they dominate MisFits this time.

It makes me wonder why there is only one way to go on Attack for that map. You can't fly around the left side as either Pharah or D.Va (Invisible Wall ahoy!), and trying to sneak by as Genji or Tracer on the roof tops will result in almost instant death.

Antiwhippy

It makes me wonder why there is only one way to go on Attack for that map. You can't fly around the left side as either Pharah or D.Va (Invisible Wall ahoy!), and trying to sneak by as Genji or Tracer on the roof tops will result in almost instant death.

There are sneaking spots for pharah and dva. They've been used to great effect in this tournament in fact.

From my perspective, NiP's biggest problem is performing under pressure. Every other team seems to get better in clutch situations. NiP gets worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsLjll_xeog

matmanx1

I was going to say that! Kudos to Misfits, they played really well and dominated that tank heavy comp of NiP.

There's definitely ways around and over that first choke on Eichenwalde. You can go over the top in the middle over the health pack room with Pharah using boost + knockback on the roof once you reach max height or you can go around the right side with either Pharah or D.Va.

Antiwhippy

People focuses on soon making reaper plays but nevix did a great job controlling the battlefield to allow him to make those plays.

Paltheos

Pharah can fly around the right side of the stage, dropping down in front of the very tall castle tower, and flank the defenders from behind. It's apparently a known enough strategy that the defending team in the match I was watching had a Sym place a turret by Pharah's projected landing point to detect if she's coming. I didn't know Pharah could do this at all until I saw in on stream.

Skii

People focuses on soon making reaper plays but nevix did a great job controlling the battlefield to allow him to make those plays.

He saved Soon a few times with the wall just before the Roadhog finished him. One change to Mei and she's become a consistent pick in professional tournaments.

DevilDog

Battlefield control is one thing I want more depth added into. Currently it feels like maps have little to no depth.
Eichenwalde was a good first step.

In the method vs cloud 9 match a few days ago both teams use the flying around the side trick on each other to great success
https://youtu.be/J_5ANHefT18
@20seconds for cloud 9
@10:40 for method.

You should also watch this match cause Ultimaweapon just going off with pharah is great

matmanx1

Yeah did not expect Faze over Rogue there but credit to Faze, they did a great job and won some mind games vs Rogue that gave them the match.

Blues1990

There are sneaking spots for pharah and dva. They've been used to great effect in this tournament in fact.

From my perspective, NiP's biggest problem is performing under pressure. Every other team seems to get better in clutch situations. NiP gets worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsLjll_xeog

Pharah can fly around the right side of the stage, dropping down in front of the very tall castle tower, and flank the defenders from behind. It's apparently a known enough strategy that the defending team in the match I was watching had a Sym place a turret by Pharah's projected landing point to detect if she's coming. I didn't know Pharah could do this at all until I saw in on stream.

In the method vs cloud 9 match a few days ago both teams use the flying around the side trick on each other to great success
https://youtu.be/J_5ANHefT18
@20seconds for cloud 9
@10:40 for method.

You should also watch this match cause Ultimaweapon just going off with pharah is great

Jesus. I didn't even know this was a thing.

With that said, I wonder how many people will utilize this passage?

Palmer_v1

Jesus. I didn't even know this was a thing.

With that said, I wonder how many people will utilize this passage?

I've used this since PTR Eichenwalde. Pharah(and a Mercy if she follows) are the only ones who can make it, I think. DVA comes just short, though I did sorta glitch on the terrain once which stalled me long enough to recharge flight again. It's higher on the distant end so Tracer can't blink. Simply too far for Genji. Reaper doesn't have a sightline to tele cause it's curved. I guess I haven't tried Lucio, but he'd be by himself anyway, which is pointless.

What aggravates me is that there's an invisible wall on the left that prevents that flank for no reason.

Skii

I really liked that play by Rogue. They distracted everyone with Reinhardt while everyone was on top ready to jump down and engage.

Skii

Man these commentators are pretty bad. They didn't realise that Rogue were going to throw the first 2 pushes to build ults before they do their "real" engage.

You basically force yourself out of graviton by getting the wall to push your team up.

He did it where there's a bridge on top for people to climb onto off the ice wall so I dunno how effective it would be if you have to drop down straight after but it's worth a try.
That sounds super hard to pull off, but insanely satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom