• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Eichenwalde is the best map in the game. The only point I don't like is the last one, but that goes for pretty much any payload map.

I think it's arguably one of the worst maps in the game. It just lacks so much balance for attacking teams. Maybe it's because it's new and we are still learning the best way to attack but it's so difficult as flanker, especially at the end of the map.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The first capture point on Eichenwalde is so hard to defend.

DevilDog

Ana ULT is slowly becoming my top hated ult in the game. Where is the fun in me one shotting people with genji?

I think it's arguably one of the worst maps in the game. It just lacks so much balance for attacking teams. Maybe it's because it's new and we are still learning the best way to attack but it's so difficult as flanker, especially at the end of the map.
Give it time, I played a shit ton on that map exclusively on PTR, didn't touch the normal maps for weeks. It's that good. It makes every character in the game a lot more fun to play because of the learning curve this map demands.

If I get it in Competitive, I groan, and if I get it in QP, I just instantly leave the game and requeue.

The teamwork required to cap point A on that map is just too much for me to deal with in soloqueue. Draw. After Draw. After Draw. After Draw.

Though, my most entertaining game of the entire season so far has been on that map, so it does have its moments.

I played that map on PTR for weeks only, its incredibly deep, has fun engagements and makes classes a lot more effective on their roles.

I would expect more maps like these to release. THe vanilla maps are very superficial, they don't really have a learning curve to them. And defence/offence is pretty much ''go here''.

If I get it in Competitive, I groan, and if I get it in QP, I just instantly leave the game and requeue.

The teamwork required to cap point A on that map is just too much for me to deal with in soloqueue. Draw. After Draw. After Draw. After Draw. The entire thing just being a payload delivery would be fine with me, too.

Though, my most entertaining game of the entire season so far has been on that map, so it does have its moments.

Nearly every time I've had Eichenwalde in comp my team hasn't been able to cap point A while the enemy team breaks the first choke point and takes it like there isn't even any defense there. I'd love to draw.

antitrop

Nearly every time I've had Eichenwalde in comp my team hasn't been able to cap point A while the enemy team breaks the first choke point and takes it like there isn't even any defense there. I'd love to draw.

At Platinum level, I find a Bastion/Rein/Mercy defense pretty much unbreakable. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people try that cute little Pharah trick and just get mowed down as soon as they jump.

Hanamura A is the easiest point to attack you mean.

Hanamura is my second most Drawed on map.

I don't want the coinflip back, but there has still got to be a better way to go about it than Drawing.

DevilDog

Hanamura is my second most Drawed on map.

I can understand that, but its because of point B not A.

Point A is like the easiest point to cap in the game. You need more flankers in your life. Nothing like getting on the roof with genji and spamming down the enemy team without them ever being able to even reach you :'D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1st game back in comp I pick Soldier on Defense on Numbani, get Gold Elims, Objective Kills and Time, but apparently I suck at Soldier according to our Zarya who wanted to play Hanzo, but felt compelled to go 2/2/2 meta because I don't have Gold Damage, but our Pharah does. So I tell the guy I have 3 golds, but it's whatever I'll fill. I even checked his career profile, no wins with Hanzo, lol. So I tank on our offense portion, we lost couldn't even cap the 1st point, but I still had 3 gold medals. Guy goes on mic and blames the Pharah at the end, lol.

antitrop

I can understand that, but its because of point B not A.

Point A is like the easiest point to cap in the game.

My games on Honomura usually go with both teams capping B with a bit of time left and then neither team being able to get A on their second attack for a Draw.

My games on Eichenwalde usually go with neither team capping A at all for a 0-0 Draw.

Draws being introduced in Season 2 has led me to greatly favor getting KOTH maps.

DevilDog

This hollywood match is basically battle of the reapers.
You mean ana's. This ult is really stupid I think.

My games on Honomura usually go with both teams capping B with a bit of time left and then neither team being able to get A on their second attack for a Draw.

My games on Eichenwalde usually go with neither team capping A at all for a 0-0 Draw.

Draws being introduced in Season 2 has led me to greatly favor getting KOTH maps.
On hanamura usually teams waste almost all their time capping B, which i would argue is the problem. They need to move the spawn a bit back, like Volskaya Industries.

I geuinely don't even remember ever not capping A on eichenwalde. Toss in some good flankers like pharah/genji and you can distract the entire team from the back, or start backcapping.

I can't count how many times Rogue has had Ultimate advantage and _not_ won the following encounter.

Players complaining about this game boiling down to who presses Q better really don't know the truth of it.

Skii

Clutch sleep on Akm's Reaper just as he dropped in for the nanoboosted death blossom.

Looks like Misfit are winning this.

Prelude.

What's the point of the PTR?

aaadd964f511sk6.jpg

If Roadhog can hook over a turret Bastion then I demand Winston be able to punch him flying with the primal punch, I've had one too many shameful deaths trying to whack that rooted robot away and remembering the hard way that it doesn't work.
At least give me something I can do against him as Winston.

If Roadhog can hook over a turret Bastion then I demand Winston be able to punch him flying with the primal punch, I've had one too many shameful deaths trying to whack that rooted robot away and remembering the hard way that it doesn't work.
At least give me something I can do against him as Winston.

That's what the next patch needs

-Winston: New move (Banana Slamma)

Tovarisc

What's the point of the PTR?

aaadd964f511sk6.jpg

Tiny patches like current one on PTR don't usually get attention from community. PTR will be flooded if and when they push Halloween Event there or Sombra. Some minor balance adjustments and UI changes? Who cares.

I was there at the start of the week, after being one game away from 2600 on Saturday. I'm back to 2400.

You can do it!

Kinda stopped giving a fuck in a way. No matter how good I do in matches and keep pushing myself I keep getting rolfstomped game after game after game and sinking more in SR. Level of players must have skyrocketed in one night for my "true" SR to be 200+ lower suddenly.

Skii

No Rogue :(

It was so close! This meta is just about which Reaper dies first because the attack just crumbles after that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
AKM is such a beast, he almost turned it around but congrats to Misfits.

Would have been cool to see a rematch between Envy and Rogue... i fear the grand finals will be a stompfest and Envy wins this easily.

Hope i'm wrong...

ricelord

14522069_1180006992073864_14252757_o.jpg

so this shit just happen after droping to 3323, what the hell blizz.
I'm just let you guys guess which team won.

my team =D

PatjuhR

Finally got my Genji deflect trophy. Thought I'd get the dragonblade one a game later, but apparently you need final blows for it. I guess.

Had 4 eliminations but trophy didn't pop. Thought I was finally done with Genji.

14522069_1180006992073864_14252757_o.jpg

so this shit just happen after droping to 3323, what the hell blizz.
I'm just let you guys guess which team won.

my team =D

Nice, curious to know the opponent team comp. I've had games like that in season 1 where my team just straight up gave up before the team selection even started.

DevilDog

So does anyone know how genji reflect works on shotguns? I find myself reflecting a whole lot, even getting markers on the enemy's body, but nothing registers, and my aim is directly on them.

Is there a free weekend I don't know about because I am playing unchecked Pharah tonight

Literally no one is shooting me out of the sky and every life is a 12+ kill streak. What is happening. No one is even trying to kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom