• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

Lol these casters dont seem to know...

They're pretty new. One is from CS go and the other from COD.

Anders is a fantastic caster though, give him time to get accustommed and he will be the best caster for ow.

Man the cod caster chokes are real.

The problem is Ana's standard ability completely negates his ultimate. A grenade that prevents all healing with now a wide radius seems a bit OP when a class has an ultimate that is 100% based on healing.

But I guess her other standard ability (sleep dart) is capable of halting many of the other ults.

I guess Ana has a kit that is an ult killer.

Ana counters everything.

BigDug13

Nice push from NiP!

Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just a huge Zenyatta fanboy and it makes me sad to see him getting pushed out of the meita. :(

The problem is Ana's standard ability completely negates his ultimate. A grenade that prevents all healing with now a wide radius seems a bit OP when a class has an ultimate that is 100% based on healing.

But I guess her other standard ability (sleep dart) is capable of halting many of the other ults.

I guess Ana has a kit that is an ult killer.

It was the only map left.
Oh, I thought it was always the teams that chose the maps? Or is that just a gosugamers thing? I don't know much about the rules or anything, I just sit back and watch lol.

But how does the map selection work in this tourney?

Skii

Rogue somehow won!

Quick note on Route 66, Rogue went with Winston instead of Zarya and it really worked well for them. Faze's Zarya barely did anything because of how vertical the map is.

Oh, I thought it was always the teams that chose the maps? Or is that just a gosugamers thing? I don't know much about the rules or anything, I just sit back and watch lol.

But how does the map selection work in this tourney?

I think there's like 5 maps and then the losing team picks one. As this went down to 5 games, all 5 maps were used.

darklin0

Banned
Rogue somehow won!

Quick note on Route 66, Rogue went with Winston instead of Zarya and it really worked well for them. Faze's Zarya barely did anything because of how vertical the map is.

I think there's like 5 maps and then the losing team picks one. As this went down to 5 games, all 5 maps were used.

Route 66 is a great map for Winston so they made a great choice.

antitrop

I would have appreciated the Loot Box bug on my account, considering I got screwed over by a lost-progress bug several months ago, but nope.

darklin0

Banned
Yay got the 11 free loot boxes. Mostly just gold.

Wait what? I want some free loot boxes.

How?
lhjhbB9.gif

Q8D3vil

Anybody else feels like its impossible to get gold medals or play of the game as ana ?
Its definitely hurting xp gain compared to other healers even though i feel that im doing much better job as Ana.

caesar

Banned
Anybody else feels like its impossible to get gold medals or play of the game as ana ?
Its definitely hurting xp gain compared to other healers even though i feel that im doing much better job as Ana.

Yep its definitely hard. The satisfaction comes from making plays with sleep darts etc, don't worry about medals they aren't an accurate gauge.q

Prelude.

Medals and PotG mean nothing. Gold medals are just a 500xp bonus.
PotG, yes, it's almost impossible. Medals, you can get gold healing if the other healer is Zenyatta or if the match was short enough that you can outheal Lucio, probably not Mercy though.

Skii

It's quite funny how the meta shifted within a couple of weeks.

First, it was like "let's nano boost the tanks and make them impossible to kill!"

And then someone thought "what if we nanoboosted the DPS?"

On the match, I think Tviq sticking with Hanzo lost them that match. He needed to switch after the first checkpoint to Genji.

darklin0

Banned
They were meant for the KR region but due to a bug blizzard also gave them away to other regions, so if you are lucky you will get them.
Ah, thanks for the info. I sadly did not get any, congrats on those who did.
You're not kidding. It's all come down to who has the best nano'ed Death Blossom.

Re-in-force, like the word. He was being called REIN-force during one of the last tournaments because the guy was being clever and Twitch chat eviscerated the dude, in between their usual racism and misogyny. PogChamp
Ana-Reaper combo is this seasons Genji-Zen combo.

DevilDog

Just played with a teammate who proceeded to stay on spawn and not play, then started suiciding over and over, and then played symmetra on attack suiciding over and over on the enemy team.

At rank 3350 on PC.

Seriously people should look into these problems, I know you're having some trouble in real life, but at least try and be a better person.

What madman split up Anders and Semmler

No idea, this cod caster is pretty NA unfortunately.

Tovarisc

When consistent level of play means your SR is too high and steady for 3+ weeks and then needs to be adjusted to "real level" in crushing and rolfstomping fashion. It just FeelsSoGoodMan I can't tell you
:(
Season high is where I hovered for several weeks.

antitrop

When consistent level of play means your SR is too high and steady for 3+ weeks and then needs to be adjusted to "real level" in crushing and rolfstomping fashion. It just FeelsSoGoodMan I can't tell you

It happens. I placed and maintained 2600 for a few weeks, dropping as low as 2200 before I started back on my upward climb to 3100. There was also a crushing 300 point drop from 2800 to 2500 in the middle of that, too. Overwatch is a rollercoaster.

2200 is where I said "Fuck it, I'm instalocking Zarya until I get back to mid-Plat" and it worked out just fine. I'm typically a Support main, but nothing makes you want to uninstall the game like supporting garbage players.

Skii

Man Rogue are so flexible. Imagine the guts to swap from nanoboosted Reaper to a McCree. And it absolutely won them that game.

2200 is where I said "Fuck it, I'm instalocking Zarya" and it worked out just fine. I'm typically a Support main, but nothing makes you want to uninstall the game like supporting garbage players.

I instalock Zenyatta/Lucio/Ana these days. Some days you just roll a bad team and want to gouge your eyes out, sure. But honestly, it doesn't matter which role you play - sometimes you'll get braindead dumbasses in the other roles and you'll lose no matter what.

antitrop

I instalock Zenyatta/Lucio/Ana these days. Some days you just roll a bad team and want to gouge your eyes out, sure. But honestly, it doesn't matter which role you play - sometimes you'll get braindead dumbasses in the other roles and you'll lose no matter what.

I like carrying out of ELO Hell with Zarya, because you get a nice little "get out of jail free" card for your teammate's mistakes.

Mercy has the ultimate get out of jail free card, sure, but ELO Hell means being left to soloheal as Mercy and your team not giving the least amount of a shit about keeping you alive.

Tovarisc

It happens. I placed and maintained 2600 for a few weeks, dropping as low as 2200 before I started back on my upward climb to 3100. There was also a crushing 300 point drop from 2800 to 2500 in the middle of that, too. Overwatch is a rollercoaster.

2200 is where I said "Fuck it, I'm instalocking Zarya until I get back to mid-Plat" and it worked out just fine. I'm typically a Support main, but nothing makes you want to uninstall the game like supporting garbage players.

Only so much Zarya can do if rest of the team is unable to make plays in given situations.

darklin0

Banned
Man Rogue are so flexible. Imagine the guts to swap from nanoboosted Reaper to a McCree. And it absolutely won them that game.

I feel like McCree is a nice counter to Reaper due to the range advantage and being able to stop his ult on a dime with the stun.

I was there at the start of the week, after being one game away from 2600 on Saturday. I'm back to 2400.

You can do it!

antitrop

I think Eichenwalde would have been way cooler if it started with a payload delivery and ended with a point capture with equal-distance spawns.

DevilDog

I think Eichenwalde would have been way cooler if it started with a payload delivery and ended with a point capture with equal-distance spawns.

Eichenwalde is the best map in the game. The only point I don't like is the last one, but that goes for pretty much any payload map.

antitrop

Eichenwalde is the best map in the game. The only point I don't like is the last one, but that goes for pretty much any payload map.

If I get it in Competitive, I groan, and if I get it in QP, I just instantly leave the game and requeue.

The teamwork required to cap point A on that map is just too much for me to deal with in soloqueue. Draw. After Draw. After Draw. After Draw. The entire thing just being a payload delivery would be fine with me, too.

Though, my most entertaining game of the entire season so far has been on that map, so it does have its moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom