• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

The ARG stopped making sense after they put up a countdown to a countdown.

Yeah, no kidding.

Oh, well. I don't like playing stealth-themed characters, so I want Sombra to be unleashed already so we can get ready for the next hero.

Come on evil omnic Doomfist!

Palmer_v1

I'm a bit confused on why people think Zarya needs a nerf when Reinhardt is far more ubiquitous.

He's the tank I wish we'd see less of.

It's not that he's overpowered on his own, but a lot of the balance of the game seems predicated on his shield existing.

Blues1990

I'm a bit confused on why people think Zarya needs a nerf when Reinhardt is far more ubiquitous.

It's not that he's overpowered on his own, but a lot of the balance of the game seems predicated on his shield existing.

His shield is part of his overall health pool, and if you can flank a Reinhardt, he goes down like it's nobody's business.

Skii

Zarya is a far bigger problem than Reinhardt as Reaper for me. She'll easily out DPS me at 100 charge with a far better range and the potential use of a bubble. Reinhardt by comparison is ridiculously easy. Once you flank him, he's pretty much finished.

Palmer_v1

His shield is part of his overall health pool, and if you can flank a Reinhardt, he goes down like it's nobody's business.

I meant that a lot of the balance assumptions people make for other characters seem to depend on having his shield to hide behind.

Zarya is a far bigger problem than Reinhardt as Reaper for me. She'll easily out DPS me at 100 charge with a far better range and the potential use of a bubble. Reinhardt by comparison is ridiculously easy. Once you flank him, he's pretty much finished.

But it seems like a Reinhardt will still be picked before a Zarya in the vast majority of games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I meant that a lot of the balance assumptions people make for other characters seem to depend on having his shield to hide behind.

But it seems like a Reinhardt will still be picked before a Zarya in the vast majority of games.

Not necessarily. Super dive heavy comps will go winston+zarya instead of reinhardt+zarya.

When is it ok to leave an Overwatch match and not be penalized? My friend said he left a couple of times after the Victory or Defeat message appears at the end of the match. However, he attempted to log on last night and noticed he had a soft ban.

LiK

When is it ok to leave an Overwatch match and not be penalized? My friend said he left a couple of times after the Victory or Defeat message appears at the end of the match. However, he attempted to log on last night and noticed he had a soft ban.

leave during PotG is the safest bet.

Tovarisc

How this low quality stream as OverWatch Open has is still acceptable in 2016? Stream quality goes super blurry and low quality moment anything happens on the screen. This just so they can say they are streaming in 60FPS?

If you CAN'T do good quality picture + 60FPS then do good quality picture + 30FPS. And they clearly can't do good quality picture + 60FPS.

Antiwhippy

Mmmm.

Even as an ana main I'm convinced that nanoboost needs a nerf because the threat it has combined with death blossom is just wayyyyyyy too good.

Either the armour needs to be removed or the speed buff needs to be removed. Dmg + armour + speed is just too much.

Of course there are teams that have disengaged and nullified it way better than how luminosity did it but it's such a looming threat even if you're prepared for it.

Antiwhippy

Nah, you get it from QP too.

Also you can really see a difference between a great ana and a good ana. Zave is so situationally unaware compared to chiphajen who can regularly sleepdart nanoboosted reapers.

Antiwhippy

I mean, how do you stop Nanoboost + Death Blossom + Projected Barrier? Is it even possible?

Speedboost disengage or quickly sleep dart, because they usually don't barrier until you initiate death blossom. Luminosity seem painfully unaware though.

But yeah, it's a super ridiculous combo. I know because I've won games with it too even on solo q.

Antiwhippy

You watch the envyus games though, and they are incredibly good at CCing nanoboosted buds out. Buds constantly got earthshattered, sleepdarted, pinned, frozen, etc. etc.

You watch the envyus games though, and they are incredibly good at CCing nanoboosted buds out. Buds constantly got earthshattered, sleepdarted, pinned, frozen, etc. etc.

Pinning him or walling him off seems like the most effective way to do it. If Pharah was more widely played, she could push him back I guess. Or, like you said, darting him before he gets the Zarya bubble.

It's a ridiculously effective combo. Can it power through Transcendence? I don't think so, right? Is this happening because nobody's playing Zenyatta right now?

Antiwhippy

It's a 50% boost, and I think reaper does 200dps with death blossom, so maybe?

Doesn't matter anyway because ana can straight up counter transcendence.

DevilDog

So..uh...what makes Zarya so great?

I have never understood her.

She can save teammates with her shields, basically can cancel out enemy ults.
Half her health is shields, which regenerate.
Her ult can is incredibly strong and easy to use, and by comboing it with other ults you can wipe teams instantly.

Skii

So..uh...what makes Zarya so great?

I have never understood her.

Second best offensive ultimate in the game. Shields herself and allies for 2 seconds. Can easily out DPS her counters if she's charged up. Smaller hitbox than the other tanks. Has a beam and projectile. She's just ridiculously versatile.

Hymzi is so damn good at Roadhog that he just blows Whole Hog the moment he gets it every time because he knows he'll have another one in just a few seconds.

Nimby

Banned

The thing with tanks is that they are supposed to be decent damage dealers in certain situations. D.Va can deal massive damage up close at the cost of vulnerability, Winston has low single-target damage overall but can hit multiple targets. Reinhardt deals decent damage per swing but has to be at melee range, his fire strike is on a cooldown and it's mainly used to just build ult. Roadhog is at the mercy of his hook but he is the best damage dealer of the tanks all around. Zarya can only deal damage at high levels of charge, but as most have figured out by now a good Zarya is always charged to some degree. Two bubbles is all it takes.

Nimby

Banned
>Rezzes three people
>Ryūjin no ken o kurae!
>I've got you in my sights!
>Warīhum quwitak!
>Walks away slowly

Prelude.

I'm on PS4. Otherwise yeah, PTR would be the solution.
Too bad the queue times on PTR are so bad I had to do this.
screenshot_16-09-29_1l3s9w.jpg

Antiwhippy

I don't understand why NiP doesn't go back to 3x3, with Ana, Lucio, and Zenyatta.

Because zenyetta is honestly redundant.

His healing is made redundant just through ana's burst healing + lucio ana grenade combo, discord does jack shit when your only dps is roadhog, and if you want a dps pick a dps.

matmanx1

Nice hold by NiP on Eichenwalde over Misfits. Overall I am super impressed with Misfits though. They have had the answer thus far to the tank heavy comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom