• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which I kinda agree with? It's kinda nuts that the best counter for it is ana herself.

Charge rate is being nerfed but it won't do all that much. Personally just think that nanoboostd targets can't build ult while being boosted and it'll be fine.

ISOM

Reaper with a good medic in close quarters maps is insane.

I like to follow Reaper around in KOTH maps sometimes. Keep a harmony orb on him while discording people. That ends up just wrecking people. But it requires a ltitle coordination for best effect.

KarmaCow

Are there any guess when the next special loot box event will be? I'm close to 100 again and I want to save those easy first few levels for event lootboxes.

I-hate-u

There is no way to win if it's a 5 vs 4, then why doesn't the game recognize this and not penalize our skill ratings when someone leaves in solo Q?

At least reduce the skill rating loss. It's common sense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just can't play Lucio or Mercy anymore. I love Lucio's character but playing him in solo queue is so boring where as Mercy... Even the TF2 Medic feels more versatile than Mercy when you're being assailed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There is no way to win if it's a 5 vs 4, then why doesn't the game recognize this and not penalize our skill ratings when someone leaves in solo Q?

Agreed.

I dont understand why the game just doesnt end after you lose more than 1person. Like do they honestly expect people to win 6v4 team fights.
The 6side would always win so just end it as their win. Such a waste of time.

Because that incentivizes bullying people to quit, and the devs have been very clear they don't want even a whiff of that in their game.

cyborg009

Banned
First time ever fighting a symmetra on attack on Hammura. And I learn some extremely interesting tactics.. especially putting turrets on the spawn doors..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get why Mercy, who has an escape ability on a short cooldown, has a call for help built in but Ana gets attacked by Tracer or Mei and she's just like

'...'

PatjuhR

Thank god nobody plays Widowmaker in competitive.

In the few games I now played against her in QP she seems to have bigger hotboxes on her rifle than Hanzo's arrows. Also, is she possible to one hit kill somehow with a body shot? Like when it's from mid range away?

I get frustrated every kill cam I get from her, so can't even imagine how I would react in comp.

PatjuhR

All the things you mentioned are literally impossible.

Than I have to look back to something that happened yesterday. I saved the play because I was sure Widowmaker couldn't kill me with a body shot even tho she was pretty close. There is no way she somehow hit my head.

adamy

Banned
Why the fuck does it take so long to find a ranked match when you're initially placing

Already gone through like 10 +20 min skirmishes

wtf

Edit: PS4 here

maomaoIYP

Why the fuck does it take so long to find a ranked match when you're initially placing

Already gone through like 10 +20 min skirmishes

wtf

Edit: PS4 here

Because the servers try to put players who are doing placements together with other players who are doing placements. I would assume that this far into the season, a large majority of people already have done theirs. Your best bet would be to play during peak times during weekends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when you're sleep darting someone else and tracer blinks in front of it
2a883abf31a985963e8fd45dcc10ab17.jpg

Danj

When consistent level of play means your SR is too high and steady for 3+ weeks and then needs to be adjusted to "real level" in crushing and rolfstomping fashion. It just FeelsSoGoodMan I can't tell you
:(

Season high is where I hovered for several weeks.

It happens. I placed and maintained 2600 for a few weeks, dropping as low as 2200 before I started back on my upward climb to 3100. There was also a crushing 300 point drop from 2800 to 2500 in the middle of that, too. Overwatch is a rollercoaster.

2200 is where I said "Fuck it, I'm instalocking Zarya until I get back to mid-Plat" and it worked out just fine. I'm typically a Support main, but nothing makes you want to uninstall the game like supporting garbage players.

Hah, you guys know nothing about "crushing drops". From earlier this month:

I'm back in the 1400s now but there is no way I'll get back to 2000+ before end of season. Particularly as I can hardly group with anyone any more, so it's all solo queue.

Danj

I think that what should happen when someone leaves in a competitive game is that the game should declare it's actually now a quick play game, so you'll get XP and there'll be backfills so the game can be finished in a relatively fair manner, but there wouldn't be any changes to ranked skill rating. The person who leaves should get a loss and skill rating penalty, everyone else should get whatever they get according to the result of the game as if it was quick play.

jediyoshi

I think that what should happen when someone leaves in a competitive game is that the game should declare it's actually now a quick play game, so you'll get XP and there'll be backfills so the game can be finished in a relatively fair manner, but there wouldn't be any changes to ranked skill rating. The person who leaves should get a loss and skill rating penalty, everyone else should get whatever they get according to the result of the game as if it was quick play.

If someone leaving = get out of jail free card, losing team mates will push each other to leave. That is net worse environment as a whole.

Do people think this problem doesn't exist in other games' competitive modes? CSGO, Dota, LoL, if your team loses, it's a loss. There's nothing inherently fair about the scenario to begin with, you can't expect a perfect solution for it.

Greddleok

If someone leaving = get out of jail free card, losing team mates will push each other to leave. That is net worse environment as a whole.

Do people think this problem doesn't exist in other games' competitive modes? CSGO, Dota, LoL, if your team loses, it's a loss. There's nothing inherently fair about the scenario to begin with, you can't expect a perfect solution for it.

Exactly. It's the only solution, but really there should be much, much harsher penalties for people who leave. 10 mins isn't enough. 24 hours, and bumped to a "leavers matchmaking pool" for repeated offenders would be sufficient in my opinion.

Danj

Exactly. It's the only solution, but really there should be much, much harsher penalties for people who leave. 10 mins isn't enough. 24 hours, and bumped to a "leavers matchmaking pool" for repeated offenders would be sufficient in my opinion.

Wait, leavers only get banned from comp for 10 minutes? Yeah that definitely needs to be longer then.

Greddleok

Wait, leavers only get banned from comp for 10 minutes? Yeah that definitely needs to be longer then.

I believe it doubles if you leave again in a certain time limit. Had a D/C and someone knocking on my door one day and I think I had a 10 min ban followed by a 20 min ban.

Still, wayyyy too lenient.

Skii

When your other healer insist on being mercy in koth.

And can't even get a single res.

My favourite one is when your only healer is Lucio in the first round and your team absolutely stomps but decides to go Mercy from there on and the team gets absolutely steam rolled.

Mercy is basically one of the worst characters in KOTH for me. It's all about offensive potential and she has the absolute least of any healer.

Greddleok

Oh yeah, she's a sick defensive healer though. When everyone is gathered around a choke point, it's possible to keep them all topped off without worrying too much.

Yesterday I saw Ana frozen while she was being bumped and it was really funny. Both of her legs were just up in the air in front of her and she was just floating above the ground lmao.

Also slept a Soldier at the same time he got frozen so the ZZZs appeared above his frozen shape then the moment he unfroze he keyframed into the snooze pose LOL

MUnited83

For you.
I haven't played once against AI.

How good are they?

Let's say that between choosing to play with a team of 5 or choosing to have a AI as our 6th, i'd ratherhave just a twam of 5 tbh. The AI is useless and basically would give easier ults to the other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom