• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why does this shit always happen? we were dominating the first round then suddenly without any reason two people left.

Of course then we had zero chance and lost the match.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guys I dont usually do this but I need to share a negative experience I had last night which has put me off from wanting to play this game ever again.

You know when you end up in competitive matches where its so lopsided that one team completely wipes the other team out throughout both round? I was playing Soldier and was having an extra bad match (first ult got eaten up by DVas shield and we got Zarya + Phara ultd as soon as I ultd the second time)

Two of the guys who were on mic proceeeded to start insulting me and kept picking on me for the rest of the match. "Youre so stupid how did your parents not abort or kill you. Id tell you to go healer but youre prolly too retarded to know how to heal. Go kill yourself because you arent of any use to anyone either. That was the most fucked up Bastion Ive ever seen why did you even bother switching." Constant insults like that for the next 5-10 minutes.

Whats the point? Insulting me doesnt make you any better nor will it get you a win.

We didnt win because of me but we didnt lose because of me either. Its a team game, if one player isnt doing great others than pick up the slack and vice versa. Im at 2600 in competitive, not MLG level where everyone was playing flawlessly, everyone has flaws in their playstyle. Id heard of toxic communities but having been the victim of a constant barrage of insults was horrible.

I did turn the mic chat off after but in my mind I couldnt shake the feeling that this is the toxic people Im playing with and its quite frankly killed any desire I had to play Overwatch ever again. Maybe I'll go on a hiatus and come back with a fresh mind.

Why does this shit always happen? we were dominating the first round then suddenly without any reason two people left.

Of course then we had zero chance and lost the match.

Battle.net server problems most likely. I was playing with Optimus and suddenly my Zenyatta starts teleporting and I was kicked out of the server. Thankfully no one on our team left, I was able to re-enter shortly after and we ended up winning the game
though I ended up with only 1 medal since I started from zero :'(

In the next game one from the enemy team left when they were dominating us in King's Row. When he reentered two people from his team had already left, felt bad for the guy :\

sikkinixx

Guys I dont usually do this but I need to share a negative experience I had last night which has put me off from wanting to play this game ever again.

You know when you end up in competitive matches where its so lopsided that one team completely wipes the other team out throughout both round? I was playing Soldier and was having an extra bad match (first ult got eaten up by DVas shield and we got Zarya + Phara ultd as soon as I ultd the second time)

Two of the guys who were on mic proceeeded to start insulting me and kept picking on me for the rest of the match. "Youre so stupid how did your parents not abort or kill you. Id tell you to go healer but youre prolly too retarded to know how to heal. Go kill yourself because you arent of any use to anyone either. That was the most fucked up Bastion Ive ever seen why did you even bother switching." Constant insults like that for the next 5-10 minutes.

Whats the point? Insulting me doesnt make you any better nor will it get you a win.

We didnt win because of me but we didnt lose because of me either. Its a team game, if one player isnt doing great others than pick up the slack and vice versa. Im at 2600 in competitive, not MLG level where everyone was playing flawlessly, everyone has flaws in their playstyle. Id heard of toxic communities but having been the victim of a constant barrage of insults was horrible.

I did turn the mic chat off after but in my mind I couldnt shake the feeling that this is the toxic people Im playing with and its quite frankly killed any desire I had to play Overwatch ever again. Maybe I'll go on a hiatus and come back with a fresh mind.

Yeah they should really have 'report abuse' thing for people being pricks.

Despite an annoying day of playing, using the hook on Tracer to blow that douchebag up never doesn't make me happy.

Prelude.

I've never found someone like that so far, it's definitely not common. But anyway, you can mute individual players, you didn't have to listen to them for 5-10 minutes. And obviously, you can report them later.

Skii

Omg... I'd seen people ITT complaining about her on PS4 but I'd never really tried her out myself seriously. Watch skyline's video about using Pharah's mobility properly and this shit is crazy.

I just watched that video now and I'm amazed at how mobile Pharah is. I play her like a pleb lol. But yeah, seems like McCrees and Soldiers don't know how to hit her or don't think it's their job to take her down.

I've never had anyone go really toxic like that but my advice is to keep on playing. If you stop playing, they win.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dva might as well hop out of her suit directly into another one at this point because that's what her charge rate feels like since the last ult buff

Moonkeis

I've never found someone like that so far, it's definitely not common. But anyway, you can mute individual players, you didn't have to listen to them for 5-10 minutes. And obviously, you can report them later.

Yep, definitely just mute and report. There is never a need to listen to that BS when you're trying to enjoy a game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does reporting players actually do anything though? Im on PS4.

TBH Ive been playing almsot daily for 3 months and have had mostly positive experiences outside of the rare individual who vents about the team being garbage but Ive never had people specifically go after me so negatively.

I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible experience. Don't put too much thought into the complaints from people who are probably pasty mouthbreathers IRL. Hell, I've found most of the time that the people who are being baby dicks on mic are the ones actually doing the most asinine plays in the game.

Take a break, play something else for a bit. I can only speak for myself in saying that I do my best to be nice and helpful on mic and I know/have come across folks who do the same.

Sn4ke_911

Won the first round easy.

Suddenly my team decides to troll and everyone goes DPS.

We lost in the end.

I'm pretty damn pissed right now.

finalflame

Won the first round easy.

Suddenly my team decides to troll and everyone goes DPS.

We lost in the end.

I'm pretty damn pissed right now.

Happened to me (kinda) yesterday. Demolish enemy team in the first two rounds of KOTH. Then the HARD CHOKE -- we lost the next 3 games. Fuck me.

That sucks. Mute them and move on. If it stops you from playing, they've won, and you can't really allow that =) They were causing far more damage with their toxicity than any bad playing you might've been doing.

Sn4ke_911

Happened to me (kinda) yesterday. Demolish enemy team in the first two rounds of KOTH. Then the HARD CHOKE -- we lost the next 3 games. Fuck me.

Well it wasn't really hard choking it was just at the beginning of the second round everyone just started to play dps... mccree, 76, genji, tracer etc... no heal, no tanks no nothing...

There was absolutely no reason for that bullshit.

You know at times like when your attacking team is getting pinned down by bastion, I think, maybe I should dps.

Then I remember, I die a lot. So I wouldn't help much. Perhaps, my biggest indivdual problem right now.

holysan

tfw the enemy has a Hanzo and McCree on their team who hit everything, yet you still somehow manage to capture the first point in Hollywood. After that we snowball them up until the end since they go in one by one. Apparently they blamed their Hanzo for everything and then there was no Hanzo anymore in the 2nd round. We managed to hold the last point and won. It's not always the Hanzo's fault guys.

xaosslug

Arcade needs to be a permanent mode. Mei is too. much. fun. w/ 500hp & shorter cooldown on her abilities. I wish I could quit the new brawl. T__T

ETA: just had a comp match on Hanamura where on attack I boosted in that little window and captured over half the point while an enemy Ana was literally standing right out the side door and enemy team was alive and kicking right outside before anyone noticed and they all swarmed me. xD

If I have to play with a Rein that dives into the fray and leaves us without a shield one more time

I swear

tumblr_inline_ob7fo17H2c1ss4taw_540.png

finalflame

Been dancing around the 2600s in solo queue and I want to kill myself. I'm not sure why I even fucking play this game. People are fucking trash.

Welcome to Pharah on consoles :D

Yep, I often have to switch off of a tank (the only one, naturally) to pick Soldier so I can kill Pharah. I am crap with Soldier. This is not fun for me. We usually lose anyway, but it's better than getting blown up every step I take as a Tank.

First sign of shit like that, I turn off the team chat. Period. Life's too short. I give every new group a chance, but only one.

dva might as well hop out of her suit directly into another one at this point because that's what her charge rate feels like since the last ult buff

It certainly will if you want to put in work and get some kills. If you hide out, it's pretty slow. Risk/ reward and all that. I take the middle ground (hang out in the back line and pepper shots at head-shot level while strafing) and it takes a minute or two. You're extremely squishy in the meantime, as well. A Tank or Reaper or Tracer on you will take you down instantly.

I do not understand why I am being punished in comp because some jackass leaves halfway through. Make the person who leaves and every member of their party eat the loss for the leaving. Let the people who are not affiliated with the douche take a draw. Its not hard. GuildWars 2 does it that way. It works great.

Arcade needs to be a permanent mode. Mei is too. much. fun. w/ 500hp & shorter cooldown on her abilities. I wish I could quit the new brawl. T__T

ETA: just had a comp match on Hanamura where on attack I boosted in that little window and captured over half the point while an enemy Ana was literally standing right out the side door and enemy team was alive and kicking right outside before anyone noticed and they all swarmed me. xD

That always cracks me up. It's usually a lone Zenyatta sitting on the point when I get there. Poor little guy.

Had a game tonight on Hollywood where the enemy team capped the payload faster than us, but then proceeded to get spawn camped so hard the game ended with only two players left on their team. It was bizarre.

Chance

Or Pharah. You can get a Bastion kill with her even if you don't know how to play her. Your team still has to follow up, but it's worked for me infrequently. Better than repeatedly getting turned into paste as a support, at least.

The best feeling is when you throw up Defense Matrix to block his shots and in that four seconds your DPS recognizes the opportunity and kills him.

Rare. Delicious.

The best feeling is when you throw up Defense Matrix to block his shots and in that four seconds your DPS recognizes the opportunity and kills him.

Rare. Delicious.

SO rare, and I try it every time I come face-to-face with a Bastion. Literally any DPS can take advantage. 1 in 100 actually do.
I actually have better luck flanking them and waiting until they bore down on my team, then blasting them from behind, which turns out to be a bad play at least half the time.

Mendrox

Chill. These are the same people that destroy their Keyboards. They have different problems in life because they dont achieve anything (probably insulting people in real life too because always another Person is at fault).

Or start being stupid too and fire back, play their game too - helps to get stress out of the System without any consequences.

I also hate many stupid players but I dont insult them. It's a waste of time and there are too many trolls too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom