• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally, was an exclusive promotional deal that was exclusive to Korean players. But there's a bug where players are getting the random 11 loot boxes, and there is no rhyme or reason as to why it's happening.

Australia?

China here, my wild ass guess is that because today is our national day (found of government/independence day). I got 3 purples, 3 legendary skins and 1 pile of legendary coins for free so I'm not gonna complain!

I can't imagine Envy losing, but I'd love to see a close one.

It's at 9EST, right?

I have a DVR recording set to 7 PM (PST), so 10 PM EST? (I'm on Arizona time, we don't care about daylight savings) Gonna watch it live, but since PS Vue doesn't take up any space, it's nice to set to record in case I miss something.

We should talk about the 'over nerfed' Genji. People said he'd be useless. But he is still a very good pick, shows up in pro games, and feels very well balanced in general. Even after such a huge nerf, can we finally agree that he WAS OP before the nerf? How can you deny it now?

We should talk about the 'over nerfed' Genji. People said he'd be useless. But he is still a very good pick, shows up in pro games, and feels very well balanced in general. Even after such a huge nerf, can we finally agree that he WAS OP before the nerf? How can you deny it now?
prepare yourself. they're swift striking towards you as we speak

DevilDog

It wasn't a huge nerf. It just made him clunky to play. I've been suiciding off ledges and failing wall climbs a lot more now.

I mean, for the most part, the nerfs didn't change anything about how you play Genji.

Dragon blade: pretty much makes it harder to get 4 kills. Usually you average around 2-3, which is still really good. Plus, it still makes supports panic and use their ults.

Traps: I mean, yeah, this was bullshit that it was in the game. I think most people agree on that.

Mah camba: Eh? All it did was take away the 30 damage you got from melee. It sucked not having the first day, but it wasn't that hard to adjust to and really didn't make much of a difference.

Triple jump: I still think this was a dumb nerf. It basically chopped a leg off of every Genji player. Everyone who was somewhat competent with Genji used this. It was a way of life for Genji players. Hell, I didn't even know triple jump was a Genji term until I saw the patch notes. I just figured it was a normal thing. Now, I've heard the argument of "it makes him harder to hit", but really, if you can't hit him in the first place without triple jump, I don't think them triple jumping will make a difference in how easy you kill them. If you have good aim, you should be able to hit him fairly well, triple jump or not. It was mainly just a way for him to get around easier.

Just my thoughts.

Hanzo players that won't switch.

Oh man, I don't mean to be pissy but when you aren't contributing much I wish people would switch.

Had a Widowmaker on Nepal in a competitive match. Never stood on the point in any of the three matches.

Now I had a gold that game with 8 eliminations over three KOTH matches. So our team was pretty pathetic overall, but the Widowmaker definitely didn't help.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
tfw you play mei and put a wall behind the enemy so they can't escape and then slowly freeze them to death. Muahaha

tumblr_oa9hs8rt7I1tascp1o1_1280.jpg

Damn it Soldier, don't heal yourself when I'm healing you !

A lot of times, it's second nature.

Happened to me all of the time when I was playing Roadhog a lot. I've had so many games expecting to be self-sufficient that any time I have a breather, I immediately go to a corner, hit jump and press the heal.

I'm aware that I'm stealing heals and ult gain from the healers, but in groups with randoms, the only person you can trust completely is yourself.

Sn4ke_911

Why are you such an ass to people who disagree with you? Seriously?

What's ass about it? we aren't in kindergarten anymore, i said NO OFFENCE...

talking about seriously, why are YOU taking everything so seriously?

Also i'm about to put you on ignore, you're always trying to have an argument with me and try to start something all the time.

Stop quoting me if you have nothing good to say.

EU servers just went down?

Yeah... man ofc this happens when we destroyed the other team.

What's ass about it? we aren't in kindergarten anymore, i said NO OFFENCE...

talking about seriously, why are YOU taking everything so seriously?

Also i'm about to put you on ignore, you're always trying to have an argument with me and try to start something all the time.

Stop quoting me if you have nothing good to say.
You told him to fuck off, how is that not being an ass? You never gave any reasoning, you just said "fuck off".

Oh no, arguments in a thread about talking about opinions. Maybe we just don't agree on anything?

Stop quoting you if I have nothing good to say? You're the one who does constant shit posting. You never give any reasoning for anything. If you're not going to, then don't say it.

vvvv see?

Sn4ke_911

You told him to fuck off, how is that not being an ass? You never gave any reasoning, you just said "fuck off".

Oh no, arguments in a thread about talking about opinions. Maybe we just don't agree on anything?

And how is this any of your business? i feel like you just want to start a fight with me all the time.

If Newtype has a problem with what i said he will come out, don't worry about it. No need to white knight him.

Now stop shitting up another two pages with your bullshit pls and talk about you know what this thread is about... Overwatch.

ZangBa

Genji is my most played, and probably my best character and I'm ok with all the nerfs except the triple jump. My muscle memory :(

These last two days have not been kind to me. First I got stuck in a win, lose, win, lose loop with my rank going nowhere. Then, after a win, I started my downfall. Constant losses to the point where I've been paired with teams that will all pick Offense characters while I'm the only tank or healer and other such stupid comps.

I hit 2521 weeks ago and now I'm sitting at 2371. I know I can get back there.

Hey guys man no need to get heated over this i guess Sn4kes comment was a littlle abrupt but i didnt take it as if he was coming at me. No worries everyone lets go back to talking about how Gency stuff is retweeted by one of the overwatch lead developers and its the only ship overwatch instagram has posted Pharah/76/mercy btfo again👌

Sn4ke_911

Seems like you need it.

Yeah if this offence you i really need it.

Keep in mind my native language isn't english so i didn't find that so harsh but whatever.

it's like saying "Get Out" but with more pep.

Anyway i'm done.

No worries everyone lets go back to talking about how Gency stuff is retweeted by one of the overwatch lead developers and its the only ship overwatch instagram has posted Pharah/76/mercy btfo again👌
That's actually disgusting considering 90% of the time Genji is that player lone wolfing and spamming the healing emote from across the map then giving you abuse in chat.

I hope the devs are able to get better taste.

antitrop

These last two days have not been kind to me. First I got stuck in a win, lose, win, lose loop with my rank going nowhere. Then, after a win, I started my downfall. Constant losses to the point where I've been paired with teams that will all pick Offense characters while I'm the only tank or healer and other such stupid comps.

I hit 2521 weeks ago and now I'm sitting at 2371. I know I can get back there.

You can and you will.

Seagull: more entertaining and obviously a far better player. Plus his tips can be handy. And I laugh every time he goes "daaaaamn" haha

MoonMoon: 10x funnier, so, yeah.

whynotboth.gif

antitrop

I haven't seen any person on twitch that deserves a sub more than seagull. Incredibly skilled, talented and posesses an amazing personality.

I have never laughed more from a Twitch stream than MOON's stream, if we're gonna talk personality. His ADHD gameplay is always entertaining and he keeps good company.

His tippers have awful taste in music, though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom