• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I want to play with gaf poverty stack one day but maybe japan to NA is too laggy, assuming everyone else is NA.

is it possible to get diamond through solo Q? I find its really 50/50 for win/loss so its hard to make any movement

I was able to reach diamond this season on my smurf account which was solo-queue only. Went from 2460 to 3200 solo, then i used the account to play with PS4 GAF'ers. Not sure if I could reach masters solo.

If the need arises

;)

I'd say the only characters I won't or cant play are:
Hanzo
Genji
Mercy
Widow

You really should give genji a chance, such a fun character to play.

a 6-stack of Americans. amirite

If it's a 6-stack of americans that means I'm not there ;_;

We played before with a 5-stack with 3 europeans and it went well even with the eu random.

Major problem sometimes is a 4-stack if you have the usual duo that instalocks dps and isn't on team chat. I hate that shit so much.

I'm going to see GOTG in a bit so you guys will have to try to win without me carrying ;)

Hopefully there are still some people online when I get back.

Doomed.

I want to play with gaf poverty stack one day but maybe japan to NA is too laggy, assuming everyone else is NA.

It should be fine, we played with someone from around there before and everything was ok. You might notice some small delay in your game, but not gamebreaking imo.

Utah (me), Portugal (ND), and Japan may just be the furthest distance between 3 points on the Earth physically possible.

Let's break OW.

N7.Angel

is it possible to get diamond through solo Q? I find its really 50/50 for win/loss so its hard to make any movement

My main is 3420 from 2500 and my second account is 2970 from 2700 so I guess you can, all solo Q ( I play: Rein, Ana, Mercy, Road, Zarya, Dva and Soldier ).

MG310

Guy yells at Genji on our team for 5 rounds straight. Yells something about them being too poor to own mics. Ends his rant by saying they'll never get out of the 2500 bracket - his peak was 2700 and he's currently at 2300.

Never realizes that the group of 4 never came into team chat and he was just yelling at me/the sky for 5 rounds.

I only solo queue (99.9% of the time, anyway) and my ranks were:

S1: Placed 50, ended 65
S2: Placed 2600, ended 3000
S3: Placed 3000, ended 3100
S4: Placed 3000, currently 3975

I also main Support, so it is possible to climb as a solo queue support player.
As a Support main who also mainly solo q's, this is inspiring. Granted I play on Xbox but still. I got to Diamond in S3 entirely solo q and made it back in this season mainly doing it again but I do play with a group every so often.

Seriously, congrats to you.

I have been consistently climbing in SR after just getting out of placement matches in the last few days. If Blizzard doesn't screw me with matchmaking, I will be in Diamond in no time.
They didn't officially announce the artbooks right? They just ended up on Amazon.

Looks nice though, hope it doesn't overlap too much with the book from the LE version of the game
Are a fancy cardboard box and a few prints really worth the extra 50 bucks markup?

antitrop

I have been consistently climbing in SR after just getting out of placement matches in the last few days. If Blizzard doesn't screw me with matchmaking, I will be in Diamond in no time.
Your first 10 games or so after placements give you tons of extra SR for winning and go easy on the SR decrease for losing, but it doesn't last.

I think they do that because most people usually end up placing 100-200SR less than their previous season end.

It would take more hours of QP than I'm willing to donate. He just never clicked with me the way Tracer did.

Comp season break, though it's only 2 days this time. And there's also persona :eek:

Any chance of a ps4 stack forming soonish?

I'll probably be on in an hour or so.

Your first 10 games or so after placements give you tons of extra SR for winning and go easy on the SR decrease for losing, but it doesn't last.

I think it's 25, unless they changed that.

antitrop

I think it's 25, unless they changed that.

I mean, if you can carry a winning streak through those games, you'll still be getting mad SR bonus, but I think the post-placement freebie SR only lasts for about 10 games, 15 max. That was my experience at the beginning of S4.

I mean, if you can carry a winning streak through those games, you'll still be getting mad SR bonus, but I think the post-placement freebie SR only lasts for about 10 games, 15 max. That was my experience at the beginning of S4.

It's been a while, maybe it's 15? I remember making a post here asking other people to see if they had the same experience, I was gonna swear that it was 25 games after placements, was never on a winstreak. I was winning ~40SR and losing ~20 per game as Lucio.

I haven't placed on my main yet so I'm curious to see how long the bonus lasts.

antitrop

"The Tickle Squad"

UuioEhT.png

Thanks for the dupes from the Nexus Challenge I guess?

Out of ten boxes, I got one new highlight intro for widow, a victory pose for torb, 2 sprays I didn't have, and a player icon. The rest were dupes.

IKizzLE

Can you make multiple accounts on one PS+ sub or are people buying multiple subs for smurfs? lol
Your LTTP lol.
If you take a look at the leaderboards, the top 500 isn't actually 500 different players, it's only about 200. I literally once played against a top 500 and won, then next game played his Smurf and won and then played his 3rd alt on my 3rd game. It's crazy how many hours people accumulate and how many accounts they run through in a night.

Ramirez

Your LTTP lol.
If you take a look at the leaderboards, the top 500 isn't actually 500 different players, it's only about 200. I literally once played against a top 500 and won, then next game played his Smurf and won and then played his 3rd alt on my 3rd game. It's crazy how many hours people accumulate and how many accounts they run through in a night.

I see, lol. For some reason I thought you had to pay for multiple accounts.

Ramirez we're just playing quick play if you wanted to group up send a message to xLiKx

Ok, will do.

Just went 22-0 as DVa on Hollywood, delicious start to my night.

AngryMoth

Just catching up on some Apex season 3. Thought NRG were meant to be there, did they get uninvited cos of seagull stepping down or something? Also it's a shame they don't have misfits there this time, they are definitely wothy and don't get to see them in the American scene.

Just catching up on some Apex season 3. Thought NRG were meant to be there, did they get uninvited cos of seagull stepping down or something? Also it's a shame they don't have misfits there this time, they are definitely wothy and don't get to see them in the American scene.

NRG was like 4th on the list behind Rogue, EnVyUs, and Immortals apparently.

Top Bottom