• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

jviggy43

If only Blizzard had a report function in game. 🤔

I "destroyed" the TP and people kept coming out of it after. So is there no way to actually kill it?

Yeah the glitch makes it impossible to destroy, even when it says you did. No idea how this hasn't been patched yet.

KiraFA37

They didn't officially announce the artbooks right? They just ended up on Amazon.

Looks nice though, hope it doesn't overlap too much with the book from the LE version of the game

Overwatch twitter confirmed its an all new art book, preordered it with the hardcover comics. Now the wait begins.

LiK

Is the TP glitch really widespread? don't think I ran into it. And plenty of games with sym teleporters

Only if people know how to put it down with the known method perfectly. If you don't see the portal above the base then you'll know if it was glitched or not. The glitched one only shows the base.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm young and have decent aim and I fucking hate having the Soldier when the other team has a Pharah, especially if they have a Mercy. I can hit but not kill her. And it sucks when you know it's your job. I am on console though, not sure if you're on PC.

She just needs a nerf on console honestly. Or Mercy needs a nerf when she's in the air.
Neither, bring Soldier back to beta levels.

Nimby

Banned
Like the Lucio-less comps coming out in Envyus vs Meta Athena

Mercy+Zen
Lucio+Sombra
Ana+Mercy
Ana+Zen

Symmetra wasn't invited to the support party.

antitrop

Like the Lucio-less comps coming out in Envyus vs Meta Athena

Mercy+Zen

Not the greatest support duo, but I think the potential of Damage Boost on top of Discord Orb is underrated.

I have a lot of success running Mercy/Zen in Competitive. Just never, ever, ever run Mercy/Zen into a Sombra...

Nimby

Banned
Not the greatest support duo, but I think the potential of Damage Boost on top of Discord Orb is underrated.

I have a lot of success running Mercy/Zen in Competitive. Just never, ever, ever run Mercy/Zen into a Sombra...

Kongdoo Uncia did work with Mercy+Zen and Widow. It is a lot more viable than people think.

It's asinine that Genji can retain his ult if he gets murked pulling out his sword.
He tried base camping my team and I sleep darted him in the face, we move on to take point B and suddenly he comes running out to turn the tide with the ult he should've just blown, Fuuuuuuuck that.

Paltheos

Mercy+Zen isn't bad. I especially like it on teams with Pharah too against opponents with suspect aim as it basically guarantees the skies will be free.

Only if people know how to put it down with the known method perfectly. If you don't see the portal above the base then you'll know if it was glitched or not. The glitched one only shows the base.

Just realized the Sym we were playing against on Numbani last night used the glitch because she put the teleporter right near the first point in the open and it didn't have the portal. Doubly glad we beat that team now.

LiK

Mercy+Zen isn't bad. I especially like it on teams with Pharah too against opponents with suspect aim as it basically guarantees the skies will be free.

yea, that's a decent Support duo. Mercy does primary healing while Zen can help heal heroes who are further away while sniping like a mofo.

Just realized the Sym we were playing against on Numbani last night used the glitch because she put the teleporter right near the first point in the open and it didn't have the portal. Doubly glad we beat that team now.

I didn't notice but yea, it doesn't really help them out if they suck anyway.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
For next season, I'd still like to see a few changes to a few defensive abilities. I.E. Genji's Reflect and Dva Matrix. But I wouldn't mind Zarya's bubble either.

Largely, their interaction with ults. Dva's ult shouldn't be able to cancel out stuff like Zarya or Hanzo ult. Similar to Genji's with reflecting both of the said above. An ult should not be that easily canceled is all.

But on a smaller scale, stuff like Rein's charge or Grenades(Both Ana and Junk) not being absorbed by the Matrix or reflected. I feel like it would give Junk a bit of a better position on teams too.

I also saw it, but the idea of adding armour piercing to Widow's ult was pretty cool. What does it do? When she activates it, it goes throw some defensive abilities. Rein's Shield and Winston's are uneffected, but things like Zarya's Bubble or Ana's Grenade effect are ignored.

BigDug13

yea, that's a decent Support duo. Mercy does primary healing while Zen can help heal heroes who are further away while sniping like a mofo.

I didn't notice but yea, it doesn't really help them out if they suck anyway.

That's a really underrated advantage of Zenyatta healing. His globes go super far and he doesn't have to aim. Mercy and Lucio have to be in the thick of it and Ana needs clear LOS.

I guess it depends if that stuff is actually time limited

If it is... 🔫

Why make event boxes if they aren't releasing time limited shit?

The only exception would be if the anniversary boxes contain items from all the past events, and it seems that would be done better during repeats of the events.

LiK

That's a really underrated advantage of Zenyatta healing. His globes go super far and he doesn't have to aim. Mercy and Lucio have to be in the thick of it and Ana needs clear LOS.

Yup, totally great for Pharahs and Genjis. Heal them without risk like with Mercy.

KiraFA37

Reminder that Zenyatta needs los too otherwise the orb returns after 3 seconds.

The only exception would be if the anniversary boxes contain items from all the past events, and it seems that would be done better during repeats of the events.
I can't help but feel like having a two week event of time limited stuff would be super shitty though. Especially as it would appear like it was done purely to avoid the 10 loot boxes from HOTS.

JHall

For next season, I'd still like to see a few changes to a few defensive abilities. I.E. Genji's Reflect and Dva Matrix. But I wouldn't mind Zarya's bubble either.

Largely, their interaction with ults. Dva's ult shouldn't be able to cancel out stuff like Zarya or Hanzo ult. Similar to Genji's with reflecting both of the said above. An ult should not be that easily canceled is all.

If you ult into a reflecting Genji or DVA holding down right click, you deserve to lose your ult.

NeoRaider

Are we sure that events will be repeated??
I think that official Overwatch twitter account confirmed that they don't have plans to repeat skins and other items for the ppl who missed them.

If they make this Anniversary event two weeks only, with more than or around 10 skins to unlock that would be really shitty move.

LiK

There's speculation that these event skins will just end up being permanent. I hope so cuz I don't wanna deal with more 3k Legendaries.

JHall

Back in the closed beta Zen's healing orb never left its target. Two Genjis and two Zens was a strat. The Zens would stay in spawn with the orb on the Genjis and the Genjis would spawn camp the squishies.

BigDug13

Reminder that Zenyatta needs los too otherwise the orb returns after 3 seconds.

Right but it's a nice 90 hitpoints for any flanker who exposes themselves long enough to get the orb.

Back in the closed beta Zen's healing orb never left its target. Two Genjis and two Zens was a strat. The Zens would stay in spawn with the orb on the Genjis and the Genjis would spawn camp the squishies.

I've seen some of those videos. I think the problem was more about the ability to stack more than one orb on a person than the LOS. 5 Zen 1 Genji made an unkillable Genji. But yeah I can see how a Zen in spawn would basically be the new "two boxing a buff bot" if the orb stayed forever.

JHall

Right but it's a nice 90 hitpoints for any flanker who exposes themselves long enough to get the orb.

I've seen some of those videos. I think the problem was more about the ability to stack more than one orb on a person than the LOS. 5 Zen 1 Genji made an unkillable Genji.

Two Winstons, two Zens or two Lucios, and two Tracers was a favorite of mine. The ultimate dive.

Are we sure that events will be repeated??
I think that official Overwatch twitter account confirmed that they don't have plans to repeat skins and other items for the ppl who missed them.

I dunno, on every occasion it was brought up, Jeff Kaplan said they are thinking of repeating events so that people who missed stuff can get it.

Salarians

Adding a bunch of new stuff to normal loot boxes for the first year anniversary makes sense to me. Lord knows they need it, I think the only things they've ever added were laughs/sits and Reinhardt's Eichenwalde skins.

Could see them adding Widow's Noire skin to boxes too.

image.php
👍🏻

Paltheos

who didn't enjoy trying to kill 5 tracers and a lucio at the end of watchpoint gibraltar though

Important to remember that this was old Lucio too, the Lucio who had not just the old aura range but the preposterously fast healing rate and speed boost. Amp it up healing was enough to full heal a Rein in a few seconds, and your base speed boost was... just not comparable to what it is now.

Top Bottom