• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Anne

I guess we quickly forgot that we pretty much had almost a year of mandatory Rein + random tank(s). The game is finally to a point where Rein isn't 100% needed in every single game type, a shift in balance is normal.

It's normal, but it's a little wild just how good Winston is. I certainly didn't forget about Rein, but right now we're moving in a direction where Winston is becoming mandatory instead,

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2/3 games tonight I've lost because of end of season trolls suiciding and losing on purpose, I really wanted to get into Diamond but it's not going to happen now with everyone throwing on purpose for God knows what reason.

I need to practice more with Lucio. I'm sure he's still great but those changes really threw off my game. Also trying to dust off my Zarya. She got rusty over this season and I'm trying to step my game up. Any good guides to look at?

It's normal, but it's a little wild just how good Winston is. I certainly didn't forget about Rein, but right now we're moving in a direction where Winston is becoming mandatory instead,

Winston has always been one of my favorite characters. I'm glad to see him in a good spot right now. And as someone that plays a lot of Mercy and gets murdered by him, that's saying something.

Gorillaz

To celebrate the one year anniversary we should post the biggest highlights of this past year

I got yall covered on this throwback

tumblr_o6zdeyY4h41r7pqrpo1_1280.gif

andycapps

Got this a few days ago, level 12 on PC now. Enjoying it so far but I'm guessing that if I play this with Gaffers in something other than quick play I'm going to get as stressed as I do playing Siege. I thought this would be a good alternative on nights when I don't feel like playing that.

So far, enjoying playing Roadhog, D.Va, Mercy, Lucian, Junkrat, Soldier 74, and a couple others situationally. I do find offense players to be a little tougher to play just because you have to hang back so much generally to avoid being taken out quickly, though Soldier has the health boost.

Nimby

Banned
People still ask for Winston/D.Va buffs on the Blizzard forums. People choose Winston and D.Va and apparently think they can just get away with whatever they want. If you don't communicate/coordinate dives with your supports/flankers, nice feed.

komaruR

Got this a few days ago, level 12 on PC now. Enjoying it so far but I'm guessing that if I play this with Gaffers in something other than quick play I'm going to get as stressed as I do playing Siege. I thought this would be a good alternative on nights when I don't feel like playing that.

So far, enjoying playing Roadhog, D.Va, Mercy, Lucian, Junkrat, Soldier 74, and a couple others situationally. I do find offense players to be a little tougher to play just because you have to hang back so much generally to avoid being taken out quickly, though Soldier has the health boost.

enjoy your first 20 levels. once 20+ the mmr for qp kicks in to make your win/loss 50/50.

LAM09

I don't think I've ever had a bad game where people have communicated.

Just a shame I've been part of plenty that haven't got a clue what's happening.

Prelude.

Man, the OW lootboxes I got from HotS, unlike those for HotS, were abysmal. I think I found 3 non-duplicate items. Oh well, I'd rather get gold than new stuff here, I guess.

Comp time bans are counted by the DCs per season.
Your team suffering an almost guaranteed loss because of your poor internet connection is kind of a bigger bullshit really.

Actually I think the bans increase in length by frequency, with a cooling down if no DCs for a while.

The game has screwed up and banned me like 9 times this season and each was a 10 minute ban except a 30 minute one, which was close to another ban. After the 30 minute the next was 10 again.

KuroNeeko

People still ask for Winston/D.Va buffs on the Blizzard forums. People choose Winston and D.Va and apparently think they can just get away with whatever they want. If you don't communicate/coordinate dives with your supports/flankers, nice feed.

So when are we getting buffs? (← loves D.Va and Winston)

xaosslug

Force went to the OW event today and got some info from it including skins based on other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pcLNGdbXJ4

vagues "future"isms to keep pandering to da base. -___-

the only thing concrete is the Sombra emotes. But when? >__>

HOTS sucks it would only be worth it if they were event boxes imo

i would do it if they were Uprising event loot boxes, because I came up short w/ so much from that. Otherwise I cannot be bothered.

vagues "future"isms to keep pandering to da base. -___-

the only thing concrete is the Sombra emotes. But when? >__>

i would do it if they were Uprising event loot boxes, because I came up short w/ so much from that. Otherwise I cannot be bothered.

???

He confirmed multiple emotes for Orisa, an emote for Tracer, and an emote + spray for Reaper.

MG310

2 teams in a row that can't parse out that we have nobody that can actually hit a Pharah.

One of them switched to Reaper after we lost the first point

Oh boy, now a Gibraltar attack where we moved it 30 feet and our Soldier kept hiding. I had gold kills with Zen at 4.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Comp has been abysmal for me lately.

Play support:
-Watch DPS run around doing fuck all but need healing
-Get murdered by the next Shadder or Kephri repeatedly
-Not get covered by tanks whose ass your hugging or healing from a distance

Play tank:
-Watch no one follow up on your advances
-Wonder where your team is and why it isn't behind your shield

Play DPS:
-Russian Roulette
-Magically have team follow up as you play pointman

My favorite is when I get Gold elims as support or Rein.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
just play tracer or someone else who is completely independent tbh
"I don't think we need a X we need a W, Y and Z" and people will proceed to bitch so I'll leave voice chat someone will tilt automatically and Throwbjorn while complaining about me throwing, always goes well.

LiK

why wouldn't they just tease that through official means if the youtubers/streamers weren't under nda

i hate most ow youtubers tbh, this info could have been a 2 minute video but he adds his shitty commentary for another 3 minutes

Cuz people like Force has a huge fanbase and a ton of subs. I don't see a problem with it. And he was trying to put some context to the event. I thought it was fine and it was nice to hear what happened there.

Ehh this isn't really true, for Tracer to really be effective you need the tanks to apply pressure on the enemy team's front line. She's more independent than most heroes though.
she's about as independent as it gets though

she's got a self heal (recall), amazing mobility (blinks), good damage to kill people before they can react properly, a small hit box... idk who else is more independent tbh

roadhog is too big of a target and slow, Sombra does mediocre damage, zen is too slow etc
"I don't think we need a X we need a W, Y and Z" and people will proceed to bitch so I'll leave voice chat someone will tilt automatically and Throwbjorn while complaining about me throwing, always goes well.
rip ;-;

Top Bottom