• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Jellie

I want to see other peoples Lucio stats. preferably people that play him on a somewhat regular basis.

went 3-0 last night with him in quickplay. Illios, Illios, Lijiang. never has quickplay been so kind to me.

Also went 2-0 in comp last night. Numbani and Hanamura. played Symettra on Defense, Zarya on Attack with my friend who's a mercy main in diamond (was bronze 2 seasons ago). got gold elims and 2 plays of the game. gained 59SR. almost back to where I was placed
Gold is hell

I used to be a Lucio main on PS4 (season 1 and 2) so can only give you outdated masteroverwatch stats since overbuff doesn't show you stats from previous seasons.

Season 1
Season 2

Overbuff Quickplay

I-hate-u

We have to be getting a new character right? It's the 1 year anniversary, I expect nothing less than a pivotal character like Doomfist, or some mega-villain character to join the fray.

Owzers

So it does go to the 12th of June instead of 5th, three weeks still.

Also, Lik, go back to comp?????

I'm still getting through resident evil last evil, it's bad.

LordofPwn

When playing as Zarya, I found my BFF would be a Rein. If there's a Rein with you, it's the best.
Can confirm. The 2 pair very well together. Zarya gets Charge, and Rein can be aggressive and recharge his shield. great for attack on maps with a main choke.

LiK

So it does go to the 12th of June instead of 5th, three weeks still.

Also, Lik, go back to comp?????

I'm still getting through resident evil last evil, it's bad.

I was thinking of playing last night but all of you bailed right when I joined.

exYle

We have to be getting a new character right? It's the 1 year anniversary, I expect nothing less than a pivotal character like Doomfist, or some mega-villain character to join the fray.

I wouldn't expect anything until July.

In fact, based on the release schedules of Ana, Sombra, and Orisa, I'm gonna call it here - new heroes only release every 4 months, in March, July, and November.

Ramirez

I'd love a new payload map for the Anny. I think new characters are big enough events that they wouldn't package it in with a skin event.

Anne

inhouse_wip.png

So, a little bit ago the PC community for OverwatchGAF decided to do some bonding and form weekly sessions of in-house games. These in-house sessions are just a way for everybody to get together and have a fun time playing against each other while possibly learning a thing or two. We just gather whoever we can into a custom server, load up maps, and play some games together. Pretty straightforward, but let's get into some specifics about how we play:

• We use the competitive mode presets for all of our games. To be blunt, they just are the most fair and balanced ways to play a traditional game of Overwatch, and they last about the right amount of time for what we are doing. We'll all agree to whatever maps we feel like playing on as we go on. If you have a favorite, feel free to suggest it in the lobby.
  • Since there are people all across the world coming to play, server selection can be a bit weird. The best thing we can do at the moment is play on NA east coast servers. It's the best middle ground between the west coast NA players and the EU players. Depending on how regional representation goes, we may end up using an EU server at some point. Since we are trying to keep this open to all regions, this is the best compromise we have. No hard feelings if ping issues don't work out.
  • To create teams, we generally just try our best to figure out how to evenly split people up based on general SR range and roles. Sometimes we mix it up and do something like picking captains, but that's only once in awhile. If teams are blatantly uneven we can just play a match out and then switch them around afterwards. The first few games with new players might be a bit lopsided, but everybody is pretty friendly and open to switching things up.
  • The entire sessions tend to last somewhere between 2-3 hours. If you need to show up a bit late you can hop in at anytime. Once it's over, anybody can form groups or use the server for silly custom games or whatever suites the group.
  • Once the server is full, it's full. There will be spectator slots of people rotating in and out of play, but there is unfortunately a limit to that. People do leave early though, so don't be discouraged to check back with us and see if room opens up.
  • Sometimes these will be streamed, in which case a stream link will be posted in the thread. I never know who might throw a stream up, so just pay attention if you wanna watch.

House Rules:

• These sessions are for fun games of Overwatch using competitive rules. While this isn't the most "try-hard" thing ever, people are trying to play the game. Coming in and picking troll characters, throwing, or being generally unpleasant will get you removed from the server. This doesn't mean you can't play your main mans Junkrat. This does mean you can't switch to something like attack Torb while down to mess with your team. Save the troll stuff for when your team is in on it.
  • I need to say the opposite as well. nV isn't scouting our in-house games, so don't go off the deep end of tilt or be overbearing to your teammates. We are all trying to win, but that doesn't excuse things such as berating your teammates for making mistakes. Friendly trashtalk with your peers is fine, but remember to keep it in good fun and within boundaries.
  • Needless to say, being an asshat in general will get you removed as well. Sexism, racism, general isms and other things I'd expect everybody to know about. Be nice to each other please.
  • Using the Discord(info below) for voice comms is not required, but it is highly encouraged.

Sounds Great! How do I join?

We organize basically everything through our Discord: CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Our discord server is very active and moderated. If you're interested in joining the PC in-house games, just come into the server and be around when it's time to start. We'll notify everybody, make a server, and that will be that. We do all of our communication through the discord to get these going, and even use separate channels for team comms. If you don't want to join us in the discord on a day-to-day type basis, that's totally fine. Just remember to pop it open for in-house days so we can know who is available and wanting to play. We always welcome new friends who want to hang out in general though, even if you never play with us T_T. Make sure to come say hi!

Anne

Double post, but could Antitrop add this PC In-House post to OP if space is there?

Side note: I have some mild illness and I'm not going to get into specifics(it's not super major so don't worry), but it can make when I am alert and awake inconsistent. That means if people are expecting me to host the in-house on the regular, that is not going to happen. That's okay because the discord almost runs itself and other people will step up and get it running. I trust the discord peeps to have it under control.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
opened the 10 lootboxes. 1 legendary and it was punk zarya which was also a dupe

tenor.gif

Anne

Also in the OP we have my link and the quote to see. People int eh discord aren't hiding it behind quote anymore. We got the mods to deal with it.

edit: not trying to backseat mod the OP, just pointing that out while I'm messing with this stuff.

edit edit: thanks Kira for the banner btw. Good shit.

_Legacy_

opened the 10 lootboxes. 1 legendary and it was punk zarya which was also a dupe

tenor.gif

I was just about to post something similar, 8 out of my 10 were all dupes and the only legendary I got was a Sombra skin. Still it's all extra currency I guess, I do they need to up the payback you get from dupes though.

tenor.gif

I've been saving all of my non-event lootboxes from this prestige. I'm only at 37 so far but I should be over 120 by the time I prestige again. I'll be interested to see how many legendaries I actually pull when I pop them.

antitrop

I'm 9 wins away from a gold weapon. I honestly just want 4000 for another 3000CP to get 2 gold weapons. Some people don't like them, but I do.

I have gold Mercy, so I would get gold Zen balls and a gold Ana rifle.

I haven't played much this season, honestly. Just over 100 games.

yN7qwHu.png

I pretty much only play just enough to not decay, because I really do not like playing Comp.

48% Skill Rank 2592 Skill Rating 9% On Fire 50-52-2 Record 48.08%Win Rate

Feels bad.

Looking at stats, people just need to let me play Rein, Hog, Soldier, Zarya.
Anything else and you're asking for a coin flip.

I guess playing placements with you for a bit is as close as I'm ever gonna get to Masters lol.

Anne

Also lol about the post on r/competitiveoverwatch about Winston. Apparently APEX coaches are all saying the same shit that Winston is the end all be all right now.

I just had the most ridiculous game as pharaoh and lost. I can't take this shit. I go from 2300-2700 all the time and once I fall into gold this shit from fun to just a chore. People in gold are just so damn dumb. I had so many double boops... had a double boops plus ult where I take out 2 healers and they don't take it, tanks refused to stand on the point.

Also lol about the post on r/competitiveoverwatch about Winston. Apparently APEX coaches are all saying the same shit that Winston is the end all be all right now.

I still don't understand why he was buffed in the first place.

He was fine before, now he always has a huge shield covering every which place, rather than Rein's shield just covering chokes.

Anne

I still don't understand why he was buffed in the first place.

He was fine before, now he always has a huge shield covering every which place, rather than Rein's shield just covering chokes.

I remember saying he would be an unstoppable lord god if that got changed, and everybody else was like "but he's not good right now and it's just a small change." I'm not always right, but now he's actually like approaching best character in the game.

I remember saying he would be an unstoppable lord god if that got changed, and everybody else was like "but he's not good right now and it's just a small change." I'm not always right, but now he's actually like approaching best character in the game.

I guess we quickly forgot that we pretty much had almost a year of mandatory Rein + random tank(s). The game is finally to a point where Rein isn't 100% needed in every single game type, a shift in balance is normal.

Top Bottom