• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pabst Blue Ribbon-swilling hipsters to blame for cheap beer price hikes in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
At FSU, the shit beer, and nearly every keg at every party, was always Natty Light. Then at bars, it was either Natty Light or PBR for the $5 all you can drink nights. PBR is the nectar of the gods compared to Natty Light.

And Yuengling sucks.

pbr sucks, but its pretty good for how cheap it is.

I enjoy busch light as well, that shit seriously tastes more like water than beer

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PBR is fucking abominable, and every time I hang out with my friends in brooklyn it's all anyone is drinking.

SolKane

Miller High Life is decent for cheap beer, because it's filled with so much corn it's like drinking boozy soda.

Kaladin

0007825000382_500X500.jpg

If you want a cheap beer that hipsters won't ruin.

Seanspeed

Banned
Definitely one of the best beers in the price range. Better than Milwaukee's Best/Natty/High Life at the same price. Pretty much on par with Budweiser, but cheaper.

Its not great, but I cant afford to be a beer snob and only drink the good stuff all the time and PBR is great for that. I like Mickey's, too.

Pabst tall boys are the best when in the right setting (dive bar w/ pool tables). This one tiki-themed place I went to ages ago even had it on tap. I confess enjoyed it.

Incredible achievement for a group of people that allegedly don't exist.

Their nebulous presence pulls craft beer breweries in their wake and little foodie places pop up like mushrooms after a good rain. Can't say I dislike the trend, though PBR going up in price is like a knife to the heart.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Give me all the PBR. I can still get dollar cans with 3 dollar shots in a couple bars on saturday nights.

Fan-fucking-tastic

I've never tried one, but I always heard they taste like shit. On the other hand, I do enjoy collecting PBR vintage memorabillia.

651798146_tp.jpg

Let the morons drink their shitty beer. I don't get the big deal. People still drink Coors and Budweiser and all that crap, this shouldn't be an issue.

Hunter S.

This is not even new at all. Pabst Blue Ribbon has gotten bigger for many year at least 6-7, and the prices increased as a result everywhere. I drank PBR before it was cool and still do sometimes fools.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I pay 75 cents for local beer here, or 2.50 for a Heineken. I wish I liked beer more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom