• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube Premium is getting a big price hike internationally

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
One of the few services I pay for. I also use it for YT music but this shit has got to stop. The ads are ridiculous
I understand paying for ads removal or getting ads, but blocking system features should not be allowed.

I should be able to watch videos in PiP mode and listen to the audio if the video is playing in the background… or at least the former. Not paying Premium to unlock an OS feature.

I was actually thinking of getting premium, mostly because I hear music on youtube not spotify, I like montages and slowed and reverbed songs.

I thought it would be around 7.99€ which was the price in Portugal.

Im currently living in Switzerland, color me surprised when I saw 17.90CHF per month.

Hahahahahahahahhaahha
hahahahahahhahahaha
hahahahhaha
ahahhaa
haha

Trogdor1123

Well, I really got used to no ads… the ads after just 2 days are driving me nuts.

They are definitely worse than it was 6 months ago. I’m watching on my tv so maybe that makes it worse too. I’ll check my pc tonight through edge.

Sylonious

I don't know why they think their service is worth so much money. I guess maybe they see the "hours watched" metric and think that should convert into premium sales. Me personally, I watch Youtube out of compulsion mostly, rather than pure enjoyment, and I often feel terrible afterwards.

Top Bottom