• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGGLE 2 |OT| THE BEST GAME EVER...AGAIN.

CCF23

No local multiplayer absolutely killed my anticipation for this game. 90% of my many, many hours in Peggle 1 was spent playing local MP with my girlfriend. We were both very excited about Peggle 2. Now I'm not even buying it.

I hope there are many more like me who hit them in the wallet for this bullshit.

Mononoke

Banned
I guess I'll get it. Been loving my Xbox One, but would like a little more variety. Kind of lame it has stuttering/FPS issues or whatever. Doesn't look too bad though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How do I get the leaderboards on???

Here's your leaderboard:

yGix9l7.jpg

besada

Banned
I never did much multiplayer, but loss of leaderboards is just silly. It's a point-driven game, for fuck's sake.

Also, it seems a little clip happy. That's turning out to be an issue with multiple games. Take a clip when I score a zillion points, sure. Take one when I manage to get in the 100,000 hole? That's going to be a lot of clips.

Sweet jesus, morning mood is not just the intro song but you can play it yourself in the main menu. It's not hard to find by any means, it was just too sweet not to share. I took a quick video of it here:

http://youtu.be/iImYuqzQ_wU

I love GameDVR. With a slightly higher bitrate/lower compression and the ability to record for more than 5 minutes at a time (30 if started manually, save last 10 in buffer automatically) would make it perfect.

Eusis

How can a 2D game have framerate problems (on any platform)?

WTF is wrong with EA recently.
I can buy it on handhelds or if a game actually dared to see how far it could push 2D effects with modern hardware, though that has to be REALLY far and is probably going to be mixing some 3D in anyway.

Problem is we're talking about Peggle on Xbox One, not some sort of new Gunstar Heroes trying to be as over the top as possible or something.

I never did much multiplayer, but loss of leaderboards is just silly. It's a point-driven game, for fuck's sake.

Also, it seems a little clip happy. That's turning out to be an issue with multiple games. Take a clip when I score a zillion points, sure. Take one when I manage to get in the 100,000 hole? That's going to be a lot of clips.

Please tell me there is an option to turn off the auto saving clips?

p3tran

Banned
yeah, with this and fitness, mrs is asking me to do stuff so she can play/workout

not good for my forza/dr3/ryse/crimson gametimes

Krilekk

Banned

Leaderboards seem to come at a later date, just like Ryse. There is at least one leaderboard when you go to the store page. ;-)

Vlade

No local multiplayer absolutely killed my anticipation for this game. 90% of my many, many hours in Peggle 1 was spent playing local MP with my girlfriend. We were both very excited about Peggle 2. Now I'm not even buying it.

I hope there are many more like me who hit them in the wallet for this bullshit.

Is this for real? No local MP and I'm out. I still play peggle for the local, and I guess I will continue to do so.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Please tell me there is an option to turn off the auto saving clips?

There's no straight up system level way to do it, and so far every game I've played hasn't had a way to disable it. Ryse is also pretty clip heavy and even on repeat playthroughs caps the same spots.

DrXym

When Peggle 2 appears on tablets, if it is anything like Plants vs Zombies 2 then it will be infested with micropayments, in-game currency, gates, stars, locked areas, impossibly hard levels that require power-ups and way, way, way too much repetition. All designed to motivate people to pay more and more money.

Playing PvZ 2 has become such a soulless money grab that I wonder how much better it would have been if they charged a straight up-front fee.

sangreal

Clips are automatically deleted after a while, right? Shouldn't be an issue (granted it is annoying with all those notifications popping up).

I don't really mind the notifications but it floods your friend's activity feeds. I'd rather only share moments I actually thought were cool

Haven't played Peggle yet, but Ryse is ridiculous

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
When Peggle 2 appears on tablets, if it is anything like Plants vs Zombies 2 then it will be infested with micropayments, in-game currency, gates, stars, locked areas, impossibly hard levels that require power-ups and way, way, way too much repetition. All designed to motivate people to pay more and more money.

I'm glad to hear the 'Bone version is free of F2P junk, but I'm also still concerned about the mobile versions of Peggle 2. PopCap seem to be completely done with "premium" games on mobile platforms, even Bejeweled HD just went F2P. PvZ2 didn't have the worst F2P structure I've experienced, but even a somewhat decent F2P structure can suck the life out of a game. It's not a bad mobile game by any means, but pretty much every F2P-related addition (compared to the first game) detracts from the overall experience.

I don't really mind the notifications but it floods your friend's activity feeds. I'd rather only share moments I actually thought were cool

Haven't played Peggle yet, but Ryse is ridiculous

That's a fair point. Guess we'll be seeing tons of Peggle on activity feeds over the next few weeks.

...no local multiplayer? For real? Peggle is the best party game I had on 360, perfect for a group of gamers and non-gamers. I was really looking forward to Peggle 2 for the same reason.

This is really disappointing. Are they going to patch in local multiplayer later? Is Nintendo the only publisher around that remembers that people like to gather together and play video games in one location?

jett

D-Member
Framerate issues...wut?

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised. The PS3 version of Peggle only ran at 30fps. Popcap seems to have technically incompetent people employed.

Framerate issues...wut?

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised. The PS3 version of Peggle only ran at 30fps. Popcap seems to have technically incompetent people employed.

Which is odd, since they *should* have resources to hire technically competent staff.

Anyway, the emission of a local leaderboard is so baffling that I can't think of a single reason why it isn't in there. Every point-based game from the very first Tetris has had local leaderboards - or hi-score tracking - for crying out loud.

see5harp

Lé Blade Runner;93094723 said:
Which is odd, since they *should* have resources to hire technically competent staff.

Anyway, the emission of a local leaderboard is so baffling that I can't think of a single reason why it isn't in there. Every point-based game from the very first Tetris has had local leaderboards - or hi-score tracking - for crying out loud.

This is probably the first time I've actually felt like people complaining about ea are justified. Having a leaderboard for each level seems like such a mindless easy thing. It's like database management using EAs own shitty servers.

I played it for a bit. It sure is Peggle. If you want to see my stream replay then clicky.

For all the people upset there isn't local multiplayer, welcome to the future. Only exclusive games on Xbox One with local multiplayer are Killer Instinct (because eSports I'd assume) and Powerstar Golf. Over the last generation we have seen less and less local multiplayer on Playstation and Xbox. They want you to buy 2 consoles and 2 copies of games.

They don't care about families....but that is why there is Nintendo. Tons of great couch co-op and multiplayer games there, which is the reason we almost exclusively play it when friends are over.

sith ewok

I haven't seen any framerate issues at all (went through all stages just trying to pass them, so a few hours of play).

The rate at which it shares clips with your friends, though, is just ridiculous. Really annoying.

Loving it otherwise. Lost way too much of my day off to it today.

kmg90

I'm sorry but wasn't one of the big selling points on Xbox Live being the service that has a proven track record and has the power of the cloud that developers can utilize?

How in 2013 does a game that is primarily score-driven not have leaderboards?

There is no excuse as it's an (time) exclusive game...

I'm getting flashbacks to PS3 launch where games rarely had leaderboards, and the games that did couldn't even provide real-time leaderboard updates (once every 6-12 hours).

Sobriquet

You guys might want to turn off your Game DVR when doing the Trials. I just had four clips in two minutes.

This is what I was going to post. There's a particular Trial that records every damn attempt.

There's no straight up system level way to do it, and so far every game I've played hasn't had a way to disable it. Ryse is also pretty clip heavy and even on repeat playthroughs caps the same spots.

I turned it off in Settings.

DirtyLarry

I bought it from this link earlier on my phone, it worked fine: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Peggle-2/efd011ea-47b6-4b61-9e86-08063a3e1cfa

It didn't auto download though, I had to start the download on my Xbox when I got home.
Thank you both for the link.

Is this an entirely new website? I do not see how to access it at all from XBox.com itself??
Now I have the link I know it, but it is just one of those small things that is driving me crazy.

Again, thank you!

yatesl

I see these launch DVR as a necessary evil. Like achievements, devs are still experimenting when to do them. Give it 6 months/a year, and they'll be capturing the best stuff. Peggle is a step in the right direction than Ryse.

You'll be thankful for it when you get a genuine "Did you see that?!" moment (without jumping in to GameDVR to do it).

This is probably the first time I've actually felt like people complaining about ea are justified. Having a leaderboard for each level seems like such a mindless easy thing. It's like database management using EAs own shitty servers.

Unfortunately this is far from being the first time ( that complaining about EA is justified ). Their track-record through the last year or so has been abysmal. The train-wreck of SimCity's launch comes to mind, and Battlefield 4 across all platforms. EA is a long-standing mega-corporation, and I still keep showering them with my hard-earned money despite all of this ( I bought BF4 + Premium for PC even though I hate Origin ), but it's hard to fathom how incompetent they seem these days. They should have a lot of assets and staff to keep things going smoothly, but no.

see5harp

Lé Blade Runner;93109858 said:
Unfortunately this is far from being the first time ( that complaining about EA is justified ). Their track-record through the last year or so has been abysmal. The train-wreck of SimCity's launch comes to mind, and Battlefield 4 across all platforms. EA is a long-standing mega-corporation, and I still keep showering them with my hard-earned money despite all of this ( I bought BF4 + Premium for PC even though I hate Origin ), but it's hard to fathom how incompetent they seem these days. They should have a lot of assets and staff to keep things going smoothly, but no.

Yea well I didn't actually follow Sim City since I wasn't interested. I'm well aware of how shitty BF4 is and have bitched for the last few weeks (and I didn't even buy the damn game...I'm just playing a Gamefly rental lol).

Top Bottom