• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Chittagong

Gold Member
Somehow I picture an angry Sopranos type of a character banging on his keyboard with a single finger, growing increasingly frustrated on how 'this social media bullshit' works. But then he goes on a macho mode again - 'I will sort this shit' - and creates a new Twitter handle, only to find out that he still didn't manage to escape, so he will repeat the cycle again and again.

So have we any proof that his family is being harassed or is that just straw man arguments from the white knight brigade of equality for bullying scumbags?

I'm just curious, I've seen nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except of course, an offhand remark from king douchebag himself.

itsgreen

So have we any proof that his family is being harassed or is that just straw man arguments from the white knight brigade of equality for bullying scumbags?

I'm just curious, I've seen nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except of course, an offhand remark from king douchebag himself.

He is probably harassing his family himself...

Other than his domestic violence charges, no proof of any other harm to his family :D

Chittagong

Gold Member
So far the has not been anything other personal than it being revealed that the dude is a roid user, has a conviction for domestic violence and that his wife works in his company. Obviously he will say that this has caused his family grief, but given his track record as a proven pathological liar I would expect some more evidence - there has been none.

Risible

Why anyone would defend this dude is beyond me. These tweets show that he hasn't learned ANYTHING from all of this:

@DesignerDoug rool with punches and ride the wave to bigger and better things, only a dummy would pass this chance up

haters gonna hate, I dont care, ima get bigger and bigger

@spuitpoepertjie im laffing all the way to the bank

@Abnormal4norflk Dude, my name is everywheer now, im thinkin reality show!

penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26 Thanks for the PR< its all a big joke!

Those were all in the last 12 hours or so. He's doing shitty spin control and acting like it's all no big thing. No hint of remorse whatsoever.

I'd be enjoying this guys downfall more if he didn't have a family, especially when his wife also works at the same company. I hope she keeps her job.

That said: lol @ the douchebag. He deserves to lose his job for sure.

And smh @ the "internet justice," if said douchebag isn't lying to get sympathy.

Why anyone would defend this dude is beyond me. These tweets show that he hasn't learned ANYTHING from all of this:

@DesignerDoug rool with punches and ride the wave to bigger and better things, only a dummy would pass this chance up

haters gonna hate, I dont care, ima get bigger and bigger

@spuitpoepertjie im laffing all the way to the bank

@Abnormal4norflk Dude, my name is everywheer now, im thinkin reality show!

penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26 Thanks for the PR< its all a big joke!

Those were all in the last 12 hours or so. He's doing shitty spin control and acting like it's all no big thing. No hint of remorse whatsoever.

Where are you reading this? His only Twitter account, https://twitter.com/#!/oceandeepsea, hasn't done anything.

spirity

Just as I thought. No apology (that letter he sent Dave had a heavy air of 'fuck, you got me this time!!') and his twitter isn't showing any signs of remorse. The guy doesn't give a flying fuck. He will go on being a bully and saying whatever the hell he feels like saying to customers, if he's ever in a position again to have some. And I'm sure he will be.

The guy deserved every single bit of the shit he's been getting, I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever. Though I don't like the idea of his family being harassed, but as there's no evidence of that I'll put it down to him lying, again. Threatening behavior, arrogance, pretending to be someone else, goading PA, terrible, terrible CS, slamming competitors on amazon. And whats this - he's a wife beater too? That can't be real? Whatever. Even the peope he's worked with professionally have said they can't stand him. I'm glad he lost his job - friends of mine, good people, have lost theirs for much less. What a total tool.

Also, I note with detached amusement that, in light of the absurdly overreaching legal "solutions" to school bullying, somehow "being a lying piece of shit" has transitioned in the public consciousness to "bullying." smh, guys.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Also, I note with detached amusement that, in light of the absurdly overreaching legal "solutions" to school bullying, somehow "being a lying piece of shit" has transitioned in the public consciousness to "bullying." smh, guys.

How would you classify his not-so-veiled threats involving his alleged mafia ties, champ?

Freki

Oceanstrategy is the parody account stratagy is real

At least i think so.

is reading comprehension that hard for you?

Both OceanMarketting and OceanStratagy are parody accounts.

it's not his anymore - he abandoned it for oceandeepsea and someone else probably took it - yes he's that dumb - same happened to marketting...

you can tell by the old posts which one is real (24h+ ago) atm @OceanDeepSea is the real one...

This so called social media expert was to dumb to claim his old handles the moment he tried to "escape" to newer ones...

elohel

I'd call those "threats," bub.

I think we should return to the initial transcript lol the guy was not just threatening but intimidating or trying to intimidate the customer by saying hell take his shit away

how does that not reek of bullying? attacking someone , threatening them and intimidating them(trying I mean lol)

dudes a bully AND a liar not just a liar

Combo an irritated customer and a wildly unprofessional response, and kaboom. Even if the business practice was legal, most companies will try to do something to keep a customer happy...this is likely something that should have (I didn't read all the thread, so if it has, then great) been taken to the BBB.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

The fact that he talked shit to customers, made fun of them for trying to get a resolution to their problem, and essentially told them "fuck you for calling, you'll get it when you get it, and you'll like it and shut up." You don't think that's bullying? He even uses all his "connections" to discourage people from bringing this issue to higher authorities. That's textbook bullying dude.

Moofers

Yeah. Gabe's always been a childish asshole--this isn't an insult, he's quite proud of this. He's always been vicious with his tongue and especially on the PA forums. Most people here probably remember the early PA forums where Gabe would completely and totally lose his mind whenever anyone didn't agree with his Christian beliefs.

To balance that critique, though, his organization is well run and he is a generous donator to charity, so he's not a BAD person ALL the time.

I think you overestimate how many of us go to the PA forums. I've been a gaffer since like 98 and have only used the PA forums once around PAX.

Besides, isn't Tycho a staunch Atheist? How would that work if Gabe lost his shit all the time?

I was re-reading the original set of emails on Penny Arcade last night, these parts really stuck out to me:

Send that over to Engadget you look like a complete moron swearing and sending your customer service complaints to a magazine as if they will post it or even pay attention do you think you’re the first or the last what are they going to do demand us to tell you were your shipment is or ask for a refund on your behalf … Really ...
you think you speak for billions son your just a kid you speak for yourself no one cares what you think
Guy reaped what he sowed.

Grecco

It was spelled out by multiple posters how it works and you decided to ignore them to keep yelling that oceanstratagy is real.

I made one post regarding the statagy account and my misunderstanding on how it was or was not a "parody account". At least in reference to strategy. How was that "yelling"?

spirity

Buddy your asking for free stuff and I am trying to help you , You have no idea what happened to our ordering system or our old customer service reps that told you they were going to send you a 100% COUPON AND FREE CONTROLLER but never did . So calm yourself down , be respectful and do as I say or ask to get your free controller. I DEAD SERIOUS ! Be a little more humble we can refuse the right to ship out anything to anyone we want , I&#8217;m trying to help you. Small claims court for 49 dollars haha &#8230; that&#8217;s cute . I&#8217;m the President of my company not The Avengers so keep your punk smite ignorant comments to yourself. If I wasn&#8217;t trying to help you I wouldn&#8217;t have emailed you back. Customer service of old is gone were in a new generation now. Sorry for any inconvenience , this will ship tomorrow I&#8217;m putting in the order now .

No need to beg a simple reply to the email with your address would have been sufficient, and according to you your order already shipped how do we know you never received it ?

Anyway Ill make sure its made good and you get The New Avenger learn to be more understanding when you don&#8217;t know whats going on behind the scenes.

Your order will ship tomorrow thanks for your email have a good one.

Paul.

Not a bully.

Kosh

The guy definitely deserved to lose his job by treating that customer the way he did. Anything more than that is over the line.

Those saying PA are bullies, nuh-uh. They don't do any bullying, they just get their mindless followers to do it for them.

Cruzader

Banned
it's not his anymore - he abandoned it for oceandeepsea and someone else probably took it - yes he's that dumb - same happened to marketting...
How does this work btw? Did he close it and someone make a new one with same name? Kinda funny and sad he keeps doing this.

Azih

Dude had no idea who runs PAX (THE PENNY ARCADE EXPOSITION), who the founders of Penny Arcade are, and how influential Penny Arcade is?

What the hell kind of marketer for a video game accessory is this?

loosus

Banned
Dude definitely lost it, but fuck PA, too. Stupid bratty shits. I don't give a shit if they give to charity. They're still instigators and often worse than the people they try to "out."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
With all the people in here worrying about his family being brought into this I wonder how many realize his wife works for his company in a high level position. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's being run out of their house and the business 1-800 number is a home phone.

itsgreen

Dude definitely lost it, but fuck PA, too. Stupid bratty shits. I don't give a shit if they give to charity. They're still instigators and often worse than the people they try to "out."

I don't really understand why someone would be against PA's behavior... They are not the aggressor here.

Not only was Paul a jackass to his customers, he also was to Mike. What the fuck do you expect to happen?

The thing that happened was what Paul himself claimed he could do, and threatened others with. And they didn't even call to destroy that guy. He only pointed him out being a jackass.

Play with bull, you'll get the horns... or something like that...

If I was a jackass in real life, and called people names, threatened them and was down right rude to everybody, at some point someone would punch me in the face. That is what happened here.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
With all the people in here worrying about his family being brought into this I wonder how many realize his wife works for his company in a high level position. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's being run out of their house and the business 1-800 number is a home phone.

Really, I'm more curious as to why people are jumping to conclusions about his family. One blanket apology he's made has included something about family trauma. If that were true, we'd probably have heard details about his family over the internet by now.

Come on now. lol

Not really. What did PA do except post the e-mail exchange in a blog and also post PUBLICLY AVAILABLE contact information for the company? Mike didn't want Paul to be at PAX. That's his perogative, and he can do so for any reason whatsoever. I don't see how PA is in the wrong here.

Yep. Fuck them for bringing, literally, The Worst Customer Service in The World to people's attention. It would have been better if that guy stayed in his job for years making N-Control's customers' experience miserable.

Man the last few paged were so critical of Gabe, I thought for sure something else had happened or been said overnight. So I looked closer, and nothing. Good grief, guys.

You know, this stupid asshole is just like every hard nosed hard ass in the business world. He'll be fine, and making somebody's life hell again in no time. He may be ruined in this industry (and we're all better off for it), but he'll go sell textiles or something, and nothing will change. Worst case scenario for him, he winds up on the road crew where he still makes good money and is still a complete asshole to everybody he comes in contact with.

Ifrit

Was the comic posted?

i-G4Zgvkg-XL.jpg

Top Bottom