• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Players will be forced to delete their Star Wars: Outlaws save file with the new update

thatJohann

Stupid studio heads and execs pushing launches when shit ain’t ready. Cause you can fix them later. LAZY and GREEDY to even offer early access by paying more. Hope they learn a lesson.

Last edited:

Complistic

This honestly sounds like the title of an Onion article. Hard to believe it's true. It's such a massive middle finger.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
Some other developer also pulled this in the past. I forgot which one.

They released a patch and it broke the save games.

ManaByte

Cloud saves are still broken as well.

The PC and Xbox versions were at 1.000.003 at launch.

For some reason they launched it on 1.000.001 for PS5 and then patched it to 1.000.002. I don't think the 1.000.003 patch has even gone out to the PS5 yet.

BlackTron

Cloud saves are still broken as well.

The PC and Xbox versions were at 1.000.003 at launch.

For some reason they launched it on 1.000.001 for PS5 and then patched it to 1.000.002. I don't think the 1.000.003 patch has even gone out to the PS5 yet.

I kinda recommend just waiting until at least release day (I realize how silly this sounds to say out loud but this is where we are, sadly)

ManaByte

I kinda recommend just waiting until at least release day (I realize how silly this sounds to say out loud but this is where we are, sadly)

PC and Xbox were fine on their launch day patches. The PS5 didn't even have the 40fps option on the initial download. I know it's fun to fuck UbiSoft and they usually deserve it, but if two out of the three versions had no problems getting the latest patch on launch day, it's likely a platform (PS) problem in terms of certifying and approving the patch.

Last edited:

BlackTron

PC and Xbox were fine on their launch day patches. The PS5 didn't even have the 40fps option on the initial download. I know it's fun to fuck UbiSoft and they usually deserve it, but if two out of the three versions had no problems getting the latest patch on launch day, it's likely a platform (PS) problem in terms of certifying and approving the patch.

I don't know whose fault it is, but these hiccups seem common on big launches. To be fair knowing what you got going on, if I had a gaming laptop on me and it's what would distract me me I'd say fuck it and pay extra for early access.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Will this teach people that there's no point to preordering a game much less paying extra for early access?

Of course not!
Good luck with that.

Even though for the past 20 years you got internet reviews day one, patched day one, and forums to tell gamers issues, a lot of people don’t learn.

All they got to do on day one is read some info or let dust settle and then download the game. Ok, you’re game playing is delayed 24H. But some people can’t wait.

And even dumber, preordering or not waiting for info for digital downloads. Infinite supply. It’s not like the old days of discs and perhaps a game store doesn’t have enough copies or the store is closed till the next day. Just wait a bit and then download middle of the night. It’ll be ready the next day when you wake up.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Good luck with that.

Even though for the past 20 years you got internet reviews day one, patched day one, and forums to tell gamers issues, a lot of people don’t learn.

All they got to do on day one is read some info or let dust settle and then download the game. Ok, you’re game playing is delayed 24H. But some people can’t wait.

And even dumber, preordering or not waiting for info for digital downloads. Infinite supply. It’s not like the old days of discs and perhaps a game store doesn’t have enough copies or the store is closed till the next day. Just wait a bit and then download middle of the night. It’ll be ready the next day when you wake up.

The thing they do where you are rewarded with some exclusive bonus for preordering is genius. There's literally no other reason to preorder a digital game whatsoever but they gave the nudge needed. FOMO over some skin or gun or whatever. To enjoy games you have to ignore constant psychological tricks that feel insulting.

spartan30gr

Ubisoft to be Ubisoft
No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

Natsuko

The more I read about this game, the more I'm glad I didn't buy it because I didn't have a good feeling about it.

Once again, it was worth not spending money when it says ubisoft on it. Ubisoft games drop in price shortly after launch anyway.

ManaByte

I don't know whose fault it is, but these hiccups seem common on big launches. To be fair knowing what you got going on, if I had a gaming laptop on me and it's what would distract me me I'd say fuck it and pay extra for early access.
I have Outlaws, WOW, and BLOPs beta to keep me busy. But hard paying attention to one for an extended period at the moment.

Top Bottom