• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Shaw's medical background has been mentioned before. I'm almost a hundred percent positive. Wasn't she a medic in the army at some point? Plus, she did some heavy duty surgery to herself in her premiere episode.

While drunk.

I believed the doctor reveal.

First episode where she appeared, she said she was a doctor for some time.

MartyStu

The best thing about this show is the large stable of characters that it can call upon in times of need.

Like that judge. I am REALLY looking forward to him coming back. And Zoey is always nice to have around.

Edit:

Season 2 Episode 21: Looks like we are going full Batman mode.

Edit2: Three-way tie between Shaw, Elias, and Fusco as favorite characters.

Finally caught up and GOD DAMN. I can't wait to see what happens. I'm sad Carter is gone but I liked the way it ended with her for the most part so I'm happy, plus seeing everyone rally around her was pretty cool. I really love Elias' character and I think I'm most happy about him returning to the spotlight, what an amazing way to end the last episode with him.

Is tonight supposed to be a rerun? :/

Three weeks of reruns, then a new episode, then three more weeks of reruns.

tumblr_mwkts07qxZ1qbsh19o2_250.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's the life of the TV shows that start in September and end in April/May.

Lots of Breaks. I imagine the 2nd half will have lots of "2 episodes, 2 weeks break, 1 episode, 2 weeks break." March Madness will once again kill us, unless Tuesday's aren't a major night for that tourney, like Thursday was.

Lonestar

What.

What.

I thought the series would continue normally after that. Why would anyone do that to its fanbase?!

TV shows moved back away from the 24/lost format, where they'd delay the start of the season till January/February. That allows for continuous episodes with little to no breaks.

Last I saw, they were filming episode 13 or 14 before thanksgiving, and the episode that just aired, was 9 or 10. We'd be caught up by Christmas with no breaks, but no episodes in the can. Having 1 episode in the next month, will let them be 7-10 episodes ahead.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the explanation Lonestar.

Midseason finales, how do they work?

In my country the entire series are just presented episode after episode, with almost no break. That's why I was kinda confused :/

Rokam

To be fair it's really odd they are only coming back for 1 episode. I assume they wanted to give people a chance to chill before they give us glimpse of what the rest of the season will focus on.

sharbhund

That's the life of the TV shows that start in September and end in April/May.

Lots of Breaks. I imagine the 2nd half will have lots of "2 episodes, 2 weeks break, 1 episode, 2 weeks break." March Madness will once again kill us, unless Tuesday's aren't a major night for that tourney, like Thursday was.

March Madness should just be Thursday-Sunday. They do one round on Thursday & Friday, then the next round on the weekend.

tirminyl

These breaks. This is why I prefer the Lost method or more preferably, Netflix. Just give me the episodes weekly with no breaks or all at once.

Thanks for the explanation Lonestar.

In my country the entire series are just presented episode after episode, with almost no break. That's why I was kinda confused :/
As bad as it is for momentum a longer wait for a full continuous run would kill most shows here.
holiday season not many people watch tv so that gives them a gap along with summer which really doesn't have many viewers.
May-Aug(filming)Sep-Nov(Season pt1)Jan-Mar/April/May(season pt2)
repeat

Its actually a pretty good way to do it and keeps it from ever being off the air for over 3 or 4 months.
though when sports and award shows come in is when it gets stupid.

Lonestar

As bad as it is for momentum a longer wait for a full continuous run would kill most shows here.
holiday season not many people watch tv so that gives them a gap along with summer which really doesn't have many viewers.
May-Aug(filming)Sep-Nov(Season pt1)Jan-Mar/April(season pt2)
repeat

Its actually a pretty good way to do it and keeps it from ever being off the air for over 3 months.
though when sports and award shows come in is when it gets stupid.

Yeah, that is the flipside to the decision. Doing the continuous January through May show, means it's off the air for 6-7 months (June-January). The other way, you'll have a month or so around Christmas, intermittent breaks, and then 3-4 months in the Summer.

Good to hear that March Madness might not effect the show, but I'll wait to see what the schedule ends up being before I fully believe they won't do a 2 week break during it anyway.

Yards

Banned
I got my brother to watch Person of Interest. He was reluctant for a while but quickly got into it and caught up in a matter of days. I watched some of the episodes with him, and man, Elias' scenes stay epic. When he put a bullet in Peter's (?) meal a few episodes ago for example. Brilliant. "Your biggest crime is letting his man cook for you."

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finally caught up on the most recent episode. That Reese scene with Quinn, fucking awesome. And what a showcase for Fusco, both in the scene where he admits to killing the dude on purpose and when he beats Simmons' ass. Showing his devotion to Carter too by arresting him instead of killing him...so good. And then Elias at the end. Those three episodes were just so damn good! Love how this show keeps getting better.

ZenaxPure

Good to know
Reese is still down in the dumps and not instantly healed because Quinn and Co. got a taste of justice.

Yeah I'm hyped as fuck after seeing that.
My number one fear after this amazing mid-season stuff is they would go back to the weekly person thing without transitioning Reese properly. Based on that promo alone we're getting more than I was expecting.

Also since I'm stuck in a chair all day with my broken ankle I've been rewatching the show from the start and I'm sooooo happy we seem to finally be learning some of
Finch's past. In S1 and 2 they set up a lot of potentially interesting things about his history and then did nothing with it.

Oh also something else I've noticed while rewatching that I found weird is how much they imply that Carter's husband was dead before now. They never actually said it so all the stuff with him from a few weeks ago fits in fine, but, they totally implied he died at some point in the past.

ZenaxPure

By the way for anyone who wants to know a bit more I guess about the next episode, this description is on the preview page of the POI youtube channel.

Flashbacks to Finch's adolescence provide insight into his creation of The Machine. Also, the team receives the number of an already dying man, and Reese leaves the POI team behind in the aftermath of the war with the crime organization, HR, on Person Of Interest airing Tuesday at 10/9c. Only CBS!

Can't wait, just finished up rewatching the entire series, and it's amazing all the small things they do to make their world feel more alive. One of my favorites I didn't even notice was from a more recent episode where Finch is looking up someone on Friend Czar lol. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom