• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They're going to either kill Root or remove her access to the Machine. The way she is now is way overpowered.

Also, next bad guys are probably be the privacy guys, which probably means no Elias :(

Makes me wonder what this "big threat" is, that Root is going on about. Decima/China, Vigilance, the CIA/Control, or something brand new. Will Alistair Wesley be involved?

Apoc29

Fusco is the fuckin' man! Beats down the guy who held his own in a fight with REESE and with a broken hand to boot. The strength to not kill someone after they attacked his family and we know that he's killed before for less...Fusco's managed to make his pudgy ass a hero in a world full of badass mofos.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Dunno, I think it still revolves around Finch.

It's a damn fun show either way.

Good point. I think the intro had a special emphasis on Finch, or at least that's my interpretation of the lyrics.

Sober

Hmm. Dunno, I think it still revolves around Finch.

It's a damn fun show either way.
The episode completely revolved around everyone else's reactions to Carter's death, hence the therapist flashbacks. You can see how far most of them have to go, with Fusco being the one right before he arrests Simmons. It is pretty obvious where they were going with Fusco's interview versus what happens when he faces off with Simmons. Doubly obvious when you compare that against scene with Reese and Quinn.

It's pretty obvious Fusco is the moral centre on the show now, having honored Carter properly while everyone else is far from being able to, as they rather seek vengeance.

exYle

Fusco is the fuckin' man! Beats down the guy who held his own in a fight with REESE and with a broken hand to boot. The strength to not kill someone after they attacked his family and we know that he's killed before for less...Fusco's managed to make his pudgy ass a hero in a world full of badass mofos.

To be fair, Simmons was also hurt from his gunshot wounds. They were both kinda gimped going in to the fight.

Doorman

I haven't been very vocal in the threads about it, but I've been watching the show since the premiere and frankly...I'm not gonna miss Carter. She was interesting as an early "adversary," and probably worked best when she was an arms-length police informant for Reese and Finch, understanding what they were doing but still not approving of it. This whole recent arc starting with her and Beecher and the little war against HR felt like they kind of murdered the original purpose of her character and her final episode especially kind of drove me up the wall. Suddenly she and Reese are a thing when her apparent love for Cal Beecher had been her rallying cry to do whatever it took to take down HR to begin with? She just happens to mention offhand that she "figured out" that Finch has access to a supercomputer that cross-references media and surveillance feeds to predict targets of crime? It all just felt incredibly convenient.

Other odd character decisions in the last episode include Fusco opting for no reason to challenge Simmons to a fistfight rather than just shooting him (either to kill or just disable and arrest, which is what he did anyway), and Finch rewarding Root's return by locking her back into his personal-jail...which I actually thought was kind of entertaining. I suppose with Carter gone that Root will remain a more active participant going forward, but I'm concerned about what sort of arc they're taking her character in, too.

Shaw and Fusco remain the high-points of the show, as they have for some time now. For being usually portrayed as the comic relief "mascot" of the group, Fusco is surprisingly kickass at times.

Fusco wanted to beat Simmons up with his own hands. It was him letting out all of his anger for the years of manipulation, despicable orders, threats, injuries, etc.

Finch jailing Root again makes sense. He still doesn't trust her, it's unlikely he ever will.

Man I always liked Fusco but he gets a HUGE bump from this episode.
same for Elias, always thought he was great but dat scene turned him into one of my absolute favorites.

1. Reese
2. Fusco
3. Elias
4. Finch
5. Root
6. Bear
7. Leon
8. Shaw

Wiktor

I've rewatched the ep and there are so many nice touches I've missed before. Like Bear constantly holding his head of Reese's hand when he was in bed healing

Just watched the episode...goddamn was that a spectacular finish to the event. Fusco is such a beast. I hope he gets more air time now since he's kind of been on the back burner recently with all the plot threads.

Also Elias...I remember back in season 1 when he was revealed and I thought it was perfect but some people were like "Really? Enrico Colantoni as the big bad guy? No way he can pull that off." All I can say to that is...ha HA! He is awesome.

That opening was seriously one of the best openings in a show I've seen. And Fusco talking about Carter...the feels. Best show manages to somehow get even better.

oh my just watch all three episode straight and damn that was goddamn thrilling ride. First with Carter plan to take down HR and shootout at the end in the first episode.
Then the second episode didn't really like the kiss between Carter and Reese but damn it tense with Fusco and whether or not he was going to die but it was actually Carter who die :(
and the last episode damn that opening was real emotional but I do love when Reese is in revenge mode and start actually killing people. Do love the ending though when Elias had Simmons killed, do hope there more of Elias in the upcoming episode

Leeness

Finally sitting down to watch The Crossing.

I don't know if I can :( I should watch Devil's Share first.

Edit: Stop hurting Fusco :'(

Edit: See, I've always kind of thought Reese and Carter had great chemistry so I really liked them kissing. :'(

And Beastusco. <3

Edit: Ended up just turning it off after the phone started ringing. I don't want to watch it.

Onto Devil's Share. Kill them, John.

Finally sitting down to watch The Crossing.

I don't know if I can :( I should watch Devil's Share first.

Edit: Stop hurting Fusco :'(

Edit: See, I've always kind of thought Reese and Carter had great chemistry so I really liked them kissing. :'(

And Beastusco. <3

You must watch The Crossing first.

As your heart shatters into a thousand pieces.

xenist

I laughed my ass off seeing that Shaw was a doctor.

And Root is the hottest female character on TV right now. Finch is so jealous of her he's literally shedding salt from his pores non stop. It's not her fault that The Machine found someone who really appreciated her.

I laughed my ass off seeing that Shaw was a doctor.

And Root is the hottest female character on TV right now. Finch is so jealous of her he's literally shedding salt from his pores non stop. It's not her fault that The Machine found someone who really appreciated her.

I'm pretty sure Shaw's medical background has been mentioned before. I'm almost a hundred percent positive. Wasn't she a medic in the army at some point? Plus, she did some heavy duty surgery to herself in her premiere episode.

While drunk.

I believed the doctor reveal.

Nobility

Banned
I'm pretty sure Shaw's medical background has been mentioned before. I'm almost a hundred percent positive. Wasn't she a medic in the army at some point? Plus, she did some heavy duty surgery to herself in her premiere episode.

While drunk.

It was mentioned in 'Relevance', Shaw said she did med school and it didn't work out. 'The Devil's Share' just expanded on the background information.

derFeef

Finally watched 10th episode, that was fantastic. I was a bit bummed how this season started, but it picked up - and boy did it pick up.

So fucking good.

xenist

While drunk.

It's not that I didn't believe it. I just thought it was funny.

pants

I haven't been very vocal in the threads about it, but I've been watching the show since the premiere and frankly...I'm not gonna miss Carter. She was interesting as an early "adversary," and probably worked best when she was an arms-length police informant for Reese and Finch, understanding what they were doing but still not approving of it. This whole recent arc starting with her and Beecher and the little war against HR felt like they kind of murdered the original purpose of her character and her final episode especially kind of drove me up the wall. Suddenly she and Reese are a thing when her apparent love for Cal Beecher had been her rallying cry to do whatever it took to take down HR to begin with? She just happens to mention offhand that she "figured out" that Finch has access to a supercomputer that cross-references media and surveillance feeds to predict targets of crime? It all just felt incredibly convenient.

+1

MartyStu

This show is pretty decent. Almost done with season one.

Question: When does Reese stop treating Fusco like crap? The dude has the loyalty of a dog: no matter how many times he is kicked, he always comes back.

Anyone has gif of Shaw getting electrocuted in bed. I couldn't stop laughing at that scene. I think I saw Root laughing her ass off if I'm not mistaken.

Man, Root and Shaw have such a hilarious relationship.

This show is pretty decent. Almost done with season one.

Question: When does Reese stop treating Fusco like crap? The dude has the loyalty of a dog: no matter how many times he is kicked, he always comes back.

Keep watching. Things shift. Sorta.

But it looks like things are about to shift in that regard.

Waku

Anyone has gif of Shaw getting electrocuted in bed. I couldn't stop laughing at that scene. I think I saw Root laughing her ass off if I'm not mistaken.

bzzbxlfv.gif

Yet another stellar episode and a fitting end to the three-parter, show keeps getting better and better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZTBYlvtuw

I've noticed that most of the action scenes in this show give me major Watch_Dogs vibes. In a weird way, the show gets me even more hyped for the game even though they have nothing to do with each other. Guess it's the whole machine telling Root what to do thing not to mention the music (dat track in the above scene)

MartyStu

On Season 2 Episode 15 thus far. I really like the show (was not expecting that).

With that said, the crew really needs to start wearing gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom