• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was all awwwww stupid mid season break
Then I was all yissss comes back Jan 7th
Then I was back to awwwwwww fuck cause it's inevitably going to go on another ridiculous schedule with 2 week breaks thrown in every few eps =( Nothing like a two week break, new eps, then another two week break, yeah!

Sober

Last one of the year, folks.

Lethe
The team faces an unusual task when they must save the life of a new Number... who is already dying. Meanwhile, Reese leaves the team and Finch considers his past.

Ripclawe

Banned
"Person Of Interest" SCORES ITS LARGEST LIVE PLUS 7-DAY LIFT EVER

Adds +5.28 Million Viewers to Its Live Plus Same Day Average

Person Of Interest delivered its largest-ever live plus 7-day playback lift and matched its best-ever adult 18-49 lift, according to Nielsen ratings for Week 10 of the season ending Dec. 1.

Person Of Interest's Nov. 28 live plus same day audience of 11.89 million viewers jumped a record +5.28 million viewers, an increase of +44% ,with 7-day playback to total 17.17 million viewers.

Among adults 18-49, Person Of Interest matched its best-ever live plus 7-day increase with a gain of +1.2 rating points to 3.4, a +55% gain over its same day average.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ores-its-largest-live-7-day-lift-ever/222843/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thought it might be a "regular" episode, but it started right off the bat with no opening credits.

Preemo

Banned
guys, we need screencaps of the ending graphics.

and why did Fuscos square turn from yellow to white when fighting?

also, wasnt that a returning 3rd party involved in the gun fight at the hospital? i think either they or Root will obviously "save" them in the finale.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
3 weeks. 3 WEEKS. I can't take it. Not with this cliff hanger.

Nobility

Banned
This. Fucking. Show.

I'm in shock.

Help...help...

iboaheYHrRzuKh.gif

Ripclawe

Banned
woooooo! The Machine does see Samaritan as a operation conflict,
Ma'am!
Someone screenshot the percentages, missed it

So now we have two groups heading for conflict and against the good guys, Ma'ams and privacy.

Does Root room have a window or skylight, maybe the machine is morse coding her?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
woooooo! The Machine does see Samaritan as a operation conflict,
Ma'am!
Someone screenshot the percentages, missed it

So now we have two groups heading for conflict and against the good guys, Ma'ams and privacy

The two most important ones for me (EDIT: They're quite wrong now that I take a good look into the predictions):

46% Death of Administrator.
23% Death of [REDACTED] - Alias: Shaw, Sameen.

Sorry if I spoiled anyone :/

Wasn't my intention at all.

More stuff:

At the end, Hershel appears with a yellow square, unlike Control who appears with Full Red Square.

Predictions Generated: (That I could see)

Death: Claypool, Arthur T. - 46,11%
Death: Admin - 43,72%
Death: [REDACTED] Alias: Control - 11,58%
Death: [REDACTED] Alias: Shaw, Sameen - 84,98%
Death: [REDACTED] Alias: Hersh, Robert N. - 26,50%

At this point the Machine starts generating possible tasks to perform (with yellow lines), but the camera pans out.

Competing Systems Monitoring:

Program: Able Danger

Program: Bullrun

Program: PRISM

Program: Fairview

Program: Genoa

Program: Genoa II

Program: Trailblazer

Program: Tides

Program: ThinThread

Program: Samaritan
Status: Unkown [OPERATIONAL CONFLICT POTENTIAL: 6,13% AND INCREASING]

Sonicbug

I didn't expect this episode to drive straight into another high stakes development. Yikes. Talk about no down time...

Cliffhanger ending again.. 3 weeks!?! =/

torontoml

Looking at the percentages, they aren't going to kill off one of their last two female characters, and Harold won't die. Meeting Control finally probably means she is safe, therfore I predict Claypool and Hersh.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The two most important ones for me:

46% Death of Administrator.
23% Death of [REDACTED] - Alias: Shaw, Sameen.

Sorry if I spoiled anyone :/

Wasn't my intention at all.

Shaw's is 84%, imminent death potential.

Hersch and Control are on there too.

About Halfway through the episode, I was sure that "Diana" wasn't real. After Arthur's 2nd denial. 20 year relationship wouldn't be totally "gone" to a memory challanged individual, especially one that could remember something 8-10 years prior.

I did do a double holy shit when Hersch showed up. About 2 seconds after he showed up, I went "oh shit, she's Control"

Also nice confirmation that Harold is the hacker who "unlocked the ARPAnet/Internet", from that 1st season episode (the one where Harold is a substitute teacher, think it was "pi")

In case anyone missed it, at the end
you see a yellow line with a box stating it is 'retasking' analog interface. So Roots role is about to change! It's there in the corner as it pans away

THAT FUCKING CLIFFHANGER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

POI trolling the NSA/PRISM is a beautiful sight to behold.

CONTROL OMG

Oh yay Vigilance :/

Lionel and Reese duking it out in the rain, lol

KidFinch and KidFinch's dad's story was bittersweetly heartwarming.

WHAT THE HELL AT THAT CLIFFHANGER, SERIOUSLY. I literally shouted at my TV when I realized the episode had ended.

tumblr_mgqjur3oDt1qg0lbvo1_500.gif

Edit: Person of Interest 80s style opening credits are amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCGJ5rfe24

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Holy crap! Was hoping for an episode where everyone would be licking their wounds and them slowing it down but nope, all balls out again! Love it!

That twist at the end :)

Tamanon

Banned
In case anyone missed it, at the end
you see a yellow line with a box stating it is 'retasking' analog interface. So Roots role is about to change! It's there in the corner as it pans away

I assume that means
Root's going to save Finch and Shaw since Reese/Fusco are so far away.

I'm glad to read the show is keeping up. I decided to let it get a couple of episodes ahead so I can blast through them in a row. Da best way.

ZenaxPure

Man, that episode was amazing. Was not expecting them to just jump straight into the next storyline like that at all. The best part is we finally know who the mysterious "Ma'am" is Hersh has been talking to for the past season and a half. I like what they did with her cause honestly I was expecting some generic old evil lady (like in her 70s or so).

Also I never really thought that there could be another machine out there. That could make for a really interesting story, wonder where they plan to go with it.

Also the Finch flashback stuff wasn't really what I was expecting. Seemed like it was all character development stuff (showing us why Finch has done what he did over the years). Was kinda hoping to see what he did that lead to him changing his identity. Perhaps there will be more in the future.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
On how Root got the number, even on the Faraday Cage, I think that the machine had Claypool's number for a while (specially since brain cancer can progress slow in some cases) and gave it to her while they were rescuing John.

I would suppose that the Machine was trying to contact Finch for another number, perhaps not related to Claypool.

I hope Root thought of a way to get out so she can help Shaw and Finch. That or the Machine is going to intervene (we know it can choose to do so, with the ending of an episode where John and Fusco spying on Finch and the Machine thinking they might be a threat to him).

DarkJC

Are you sure there's an actual faraday cage in root's prison? I remember a small moment a few episodes back where Finch received a text message on his phone when he was inside the "cage" with Root. She definitely noticed this as well.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure there's an actual faraday cage in root's prison? I remember a small moment a few episodes back where Finch received a text message on his phone when he was inside the "cage" with Root. She definitely noticed this as well.

Yep, even Root mentions it at the end of Mors Praematura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom