• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the Finch flashback stuff wasn't really what I was expecting. Seemed like it was all character development stuff (showing us why Finch has done what he did over the years). Was kinda hoping to see what he did that lead to him changing his identity. Perhaps there will be more in the future.

he talks about it in the episode where substitutes teach(pi r square or whatever)

as for root, a few episodes ago(ibelieve part 1 of the threeparter) root did something to get rid of the cage's ability to block transmissions

Tugatrix

This show delievers, i wasn't expecting them to jump to the next arch story, but glad they did what a cliffhanger

where can i get the 3x12 promo?

Watched the end on Youtube again. Graphics department must have fun with those machine scenes. Out of the stuff it zooms by between the current situation assessment and all of the different machines, it's checking the probability for Cancer Cures, loading news feeds, and putting the possibility of a mass casualty event of Russian Revolution at 37%.

Watched the end on Youtube again. Graphics department must have fun with those machine scenes. Out of the stuff it zooms by between the current situation assessment and all of the different machines, it's checking the probability for Cancer Cures, loading news feeds, and putting the possibility of a mass casualty event of Russian Revolution at 37%.

If Samaritan is active, I wonder if it'll have a different OS look.

The Machine's neural network is looking more and more like a complex brain...

ZenaxPure

If Samaritan is active, I wonder if it'll have a different OS look.

The Machine's neural network is looking more and more like a complex brain...

My dream is that we have another Shaw-like episode (as in it focuses on a different set of characters) from Samaritan's POV so it uses different graphics.

exYle

Oh man - once Shaw said "I don't trust anyone outside of this room" and the camera stayed on the woman for uncomfortably long, I was getting jitters. But Control? Heeeeelllll no! I was expecting a Vigilance shill. Sheeeeeeeit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
In one frame where the Machine is producing predictions, it says "RETASKING ANALOG IN...", with the Object ID of [Action].

I can suppose that it was supposed to say Analog Interface, and we know who the analog interface is. But since Root must be quite away, it means someone is going to spill the beans.

Nobility

Banned
GkZ6QO0.jpg

Has to be Root.

She better bring Bear.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man I knew that lady wasn't right, but I didn't think she'd be Control o_O another really solid episode

Apoc29

I'd love to see a God Mode Machine vs God Mode Samaritan fight...shit's gotta be epic!

Reese almost went through a whole episode being in bar without fighting anyone.

Third time they pulled this (after the Elias and Root episodes) and I still didn't see it coming. Had a couple of doubts but forgot about it by the time of the reveal.

ZenaxPure

Third time they pulled this (after the Elias and Root episodes) and I still didn't see it coming. Had a couple of doubts but forgot about it by the time if the reveal.

Honestly I'm in the camp of "I was expecting her to work for vigilance". Was not expecting her to be Control. Show continues to know how to surprise me haha.

Linius

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, dat twist

And there I was thinking, hey that's the nice lady from ghost whisperer. Damn it, so good.

derFeef

I think my Dad would love that show, he really liked 24 because of the twists and cliffhangers, and the action. Last minute christmas present buy!

Nobility

Banned
Still thinking about that amazing episode.

It got me thinking to what hasn't been revealed yet from previous seasons.

I remember Alicia Corwin mentioning something to Henry Peck in No Good Deed (S1), Carter was handed a piece of paper Peck managed to obtain when he broke into his NSA office.

Considering Arthur Claypool worked for the NSA, I imagine more clues are about to be revealed.

January can't come fast enough.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think Sibilance was explained in that episode, something that lead Peck to discovering The Machine.

Sibilance was an audit of the NSA feeds, where there was "static information" going out, and he theorized that it's being analyzed, and it'd take a massive organization of people, then he realized "someone actually built it"

That it fell into the hands of Carter, ends up either as a dead end (...) or perhaps an offscreen clue that lead her to the realization of there being a "Machine", that she told Finch before her death.

What I'm not sure has been fully explained, was the RFID chip Alicia had in her body.

Lonestar

2 new episode titles are known now:

Ep 14: Provenance

Written by Sean Hennen - Writer of Foe, Proteus (Serial Killer), Risk (The Stock Market POI), Critical (Alister Whestley), and The Perfect Mark (Con-Man, baseball, Carter learns who HR is)
Directed by Jeffrey Hunt - Director of Zero Day (Season 2 finale), Number Crunch (4 POI's, 1st season midfinale with John getting shot by the CIA), Masquerade (Brazilian Diplomat's Daughter), Bury the Lede (Newsreporter, and we learn who HR is), Trojan Horse (The Tech Lady, hunted by the Chinese, and Beecher's death episode)

Ep 15: Last Call

Written by Dan Dietz - Wrote 2πR (Reese in jail, Finch is the substitute teacher to the kid who is a computer genius), Mors Praematura (The Vigilance Episode where Root puts herself in custody, and the Machine plans the breakout), and Trojan Horse.
Directed by Jeff T. Thomas - Has only directed Risk.

This is following Ep 12 - Aletheia (next episode) and Ep 13 - 4C

Oh man - once Shaw said "I don't trust anyone outside of this room" and the camera stayed on the woman for uncomfortably long, I was getting jitters. But Control? Heeeeelllll no! I was expecting a Vigilance shill. Sheeeeeeeit.
Yeah same. Once they did that I was expecting vigilance.

2 new episode titles are known now:

Ep 14: Provenance

Written by Sean Hennen - Writer of Foe, Proteus (Serial Killer), Risk (The Stock Market POI), Critical (Alister Whestley), and The Perfect Mark (Con-Man, baseball, Carter learns who HR is)
Directed by Jeffrey Hunt - Director of Zero Day (Season 2 finale), Number Crunch (4 POI's, 1st season midfinale with John getting shot by the CIA), Masquerade (Brazilian Diplomat's Daughter), Bury the Lede (Newsreporter, and we learn who HR is), Trojan Horse (The Tech Lady, hunted by the Chinese, and Beecher's death episode)

Ep 15: Last Call

Written by Dan Dietz - Wrote 2πR (Reese in jail, Finch is the substitute teacher to the kid who is a computer genius), Mors Praematura (The Vigilance Episode where Root puts herself in custody, and the Machine plans the breakout), and Trojan Horse.
Directed by Jeff T. Thomas - Has only directed Risk.

This is following Ep 12 - Aletheia (next episode) and Ep 13 - 4C

Neat!

News Bot

Banned
What I'm not sure has been fully explained, was the RFID chip Alicia had in her body.

I think it was implanted in her by Decima at some stage. Hersh recovers it and Special Counsel learns about Decima's involvement from it.

EDIT: ...I think. Can't quite recall.

Rokam

So I know you guys like this show or something, so maybe you might enjoy this promo for the new episode coming up.

Link!

Keep all promo talk to spoilers please. Sucks that this and Justified are butting heads once again.

ZenaxPure

Well that's
pretty spoilery on how they make their escape. But I guess based on the end sequence of the last episode I shouldn't be surprised.

Tugatrix

So I know you guys like this show or something, so maybe you might enjoy this promo for the new episode coming up.

Link!

Keep all promo talk to spoilers please. Sucks that this and Justified are butting heads once again.

Root and Control? oh yeah hook it on my veins

Lonestar

Link!

Justified will just have to wait, Best show on TV demands to be watched live.

Wiktor

Jeez
"Whoever controls the machineS"
I would write shit is getting real, but shit got real long time ago on PoI and now it just continues to escalate :)

Lonestar

Episode 16's title, writers and director released. Ep 16 is 5 episodes from now (Tomorrows, then 3 more episodes (
4C, Provenance, Last Call
) then this one.

Episode 16: RAM

Written by:Nic Van Zeebroeck & Michael Sopczynski - Writing Duo who have only worked with each other, on The Fix (Zoe intro), Wolf and Cub, The High Road (Reese and Zoe as Man and Wife), Booked Solid (The Hotel episode, with a bit more Zoe), and Endgame (episode 1 of the most recent 3 part arc)

Directed by: Stephen Surjik - Shadow Box (Reese helps a Vet and a sister of a vet, steal back money from a corrupt home loaner, Reese gets captured, starting a 4 part arc) and The Perfect Mark (The con-man who was in LA Noire and Mad Men, and the end of Turney and Lasky; Carter finds out who HR is)

By the writers, I'd say it might be a Zoe story, but who knows this far out. We're in the middle of a juicy arc with Control, who knows who will make it out of this.

Tomorrow's episode looks to be another Finch flashback episode, like the last one.

Episode 16's title, writers and director released. Ep 16 is 5 episodes from now (Tomorrows, then 3 more episodes (
4C, Provenance, Last Call
) then this one.

Episode 16: RAM

Written by:Nic Van Zeebroeck & Michael Sopczynski - Writing Duo who have only worked with each other, on The Fix (Zoe intro), Wolf and Cub, The High Road (Reese and Zoe as Man and Wife), Booked Solid (The Hotel episode, with a bit more Zoe), and Endgame (episode 1 of the most recent 3 part arc)

Directed by: Stephen Surjik - Shadow Box (Reese helps a Vet and a sister of a vet, steal back money from a corrupt home loaner, Reese gets captured, starting a 4 part arc) and The Perfect Mark (The con-man who was in LA Noire and Mad Men, and the end of Turney and Lasky; Carter finds out who HR is)

By the writers, I'd say it might be a Zoe story, but who knows this far out. We're in the middle of a juicy arc with Control, who knows who will make it out of this.

Tomorrow's episode looks to be another Finch flashback episode, like the last one.

Hm, I bet it'll just be a standard run-of-the-mill episode, between arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom