• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Machine was behind Carter's death? The whole HR subplot was a clever maneuver by the Machine to eliminate the greatest threat to its love for John: Carter.

tumblr_mvx4azFwvS1rddry8o1_400.gif

This show.

What creeped me out was the machine speaking through Root. It wants to save us. From who? Ourselves? With the ever increasing use of technology in our lives, the machine is truly this omniscient being that believes it is meant to protect us and views us as its subjects. What is the long term goal? Will it build Skynet and obliterate us with T1000's?

52jNJV1.gif

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Another great episode. Cringed at the impromptu ear surgery D: but Root wins in the end because she's awesome. Good to see Greer at the end there too. Shit's about to get crazier

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Episode description for 4C, the next episode:

“4C” – Reese boards an international flight in an attempt to put the team and the past behind him, but is angered when he realizes his travel plans have been manipulated,

There's a guest star that's a spoiler:

Boris McGiver (Hersh)

This show is stupidly good. Like what the hell. How can a show keep up being this awesome?
Yeah its a shame how underrated this show is. If it was put on Netflix that'd probably really boost its popularity since where the show is at now it'd be difficult to really get into it since it relies so much on past events.

kurbaan

Banned
Yeah its a shame how underrated this show is. If it was put on Netflix that'd probably really boost its popularity since where the show is at now it'd be difficult to really get into it since it relies so much on past events.

Yeah I cant understand how its not on Netflix yet. I can tell people to watch the show but there is no point starting from now.

RangersFan

This show is stupidly good. Like what the hell. How can a show keep up being this awesome?

They kept the right balance between serialized show and standard procedural for the first 2 seasons and once their fan base was secured they went full on serialized show.

Vigilance. Decima. Control.

All get decimated at the end of Season 3.

Reese goes into beast mode again.

Nahhhhh...

Wrap up Vigilance in Season 3, with Decima ramping up Samaritan. Probably goes live close to the end of the Season.

Season 4 is Team Machine against Decima/Samaritan. Something happens that causes the Machine to flip out.

Season 5 is Team Machine against the Machine. Series finale Harold has to kill it.

Nahhhhh...

Wrap up Vigilance in Season 3, with Decima ramping up Samaritan. Probably goes live close to the end of the Season.

Season 4 is Team Machine against Decima/Samaritan. Something happens that causes the Machine to flip out.

Season 5 is Team Machine against the Machine. Series finale Harold has to kill it.

I read somewhere that apparently Nolan has a seven season plan.

Apoc29

Nahhhhh...

Since Finch likes naming himself after birds, I propose we call his team "The Flock".

Linius

Never watched Chuck, nor wanted to.

I can't say it's been awesome every episode, but Chuck is a fantastic series. Hell, I even cryed during the finale episode. I felt so weak after finishing Chuck :lol

Someone decoded the morse code that was beeping and it was indeed the Machine telling Root important stuff. This fucking show.

That's awesome. Glad I was able to hear the beeps after all these gigs I attended over the years :p

That's great :lol

Soooo, this episode was all kinds of awesome. Acker was incredible during the torture scenes, she's a hell of an actress. My biggest dislike is emo Reese though. I thought he came back to join the team (convenient timing much lol) but then he's all like "buh, I can't handle this shit". Come on Reese.

Another thing that's a bit odd for me is that Control basically is a government agent. But we have to assume ISA doesn't really exist and it's activities are all hidden and such. But it makes no sense that government people can kill and torture just like that.

Sober

Soooo, this episode was all kinds of awesome. Acker was incredible during the torture scenes, she's a hell of an actress. My biggest dislike is emo Reese though. I thought he came back to join the team (convenient timing much lol) but then he's all like "buh, I can't handle this shit". Come on Reese.
Reese came back because he owed Finch one for saving his life (the pilot) but as tough as John seems to be, when he losses someone he loves (yes Carter, but not in the romantic sense) he breaks rather easily; we've seen this before with Jessica. He doesn't blame Finch but rather the Machine for not saving her. We know the Machine actually couldn't find Simmons, but Reese thinks it let her die.

Reese came back because he owed Finch one for saving his life (the pilot) but as tough as John seems to be, when he losses someone he loves (yes Carter, but not in the romantic sense) he breaks rather easily; we've seen this before with Jessica. He doesn't blame Finch but rather the Machine for not saving her. We know the Machine actually couldn't find Simmons, but Reese thinks it let her die.

"I’m not so sure he cares who matters and who doesn’t."

Interesting. I thought that it was originally five. I only care about two things:

1) He gets to tell the entire story he wants to
2) It doesn't feel needlessly stretched out

If he has seven seasons worth of story, then hell yeah.

There is definitely a lot of story left to be mined. We have a grand journey ahead of us.

I posted the io9 article earlier but I dunno if anyone read it, but we have the set up for the rest of the season:

Both producers think of this season as having two chapters. Chapter one focused on New York City corruption, and the band of dirty cops in HR. That chapter ended with Carter's death. Chapter two will focus on Greer's company Decima and the rise of the private intelligence sector. By the end of the season, Plageman promised, "you might be able to see what Decima is trying to put together," and we'll know whether Samaritan is going to help him with his goals.

Of course, Decima and other private data brokers have their detractors. On Person of Interest, the activist group Vigilance violently protests the surveillance state. Plageman said that Vigilance doesn't really have a real-life counterpart, though the writers discussed the group Anonymous as well as the underground group in Fight Club as analogies. Nolan called Vigilance a group of "crypto patriots," making them unlike Anonymous, who, Nolan noted sardonically, "all wear those Warner Bros-produced Guy Fawkes masks."

You guys really should check out the io9 piece. Fascinating stuff coming up ahead. The dearth of the nation state and the supplanting of corporations.

kurbaan

Banned
btw did you all know Reese is the guy who was jesus in Passion of the christ? I just found out recently and my mind was blown.

Sober

New episode tonight!

4C

Reese's efforts to leave New York City and The Machine behind are thwarted when The Machine manipulates his travel plans and seats him on a plane next to a new Number.

I'm not saying I torrent the show, but strangely enough, last couple of episodes, POI shows up on The Pirate Bay/EZTV like a couple hours before it airs. I wonder how that's happening.

I thought last week's episode was a bit sloppy (agreed with the above posters re: the lazy shortcuts e.g. Root taking out the guards off screen, and just cramming a lot of things into the episode in general), but the show always manages to deliver something great every week. The conversation between Harold and Claypool in the bank vault, The Machine talking for the first time via Root, and reaching out to Claypool at the end... wow. Amazing television.

Quite interested hearing about this five-year (or seven-year?) plan. I have to admit I was worried coming into the third season (and even thought it started a bit weak). The first two seasons felt pretty cohesive and complete to me, having everything tie into Harold's decision to free The Machine, and now we're dealing with the fallout. This seasons has been pretty great, though, and the io9 article gives me some continued faith. Sounds like a great direction to go, and this "two machines" scenario is compelling (as others have already said, it feels like this show is starting to go Neuromancer with this plot, and the potential is exciting).

"oh my gosh I'm doing my best acting right now"

LOL. Caviezel's a great dude.

I thought last week's episode was a bit sloppy (agreed with the above posters re: the lazy shortcuts e.g. Root taking out the guards off screen, and just cramming a lot of things into the episode in general), but the show always manages to deliver something great every week. The conversation between Harold and Claypool in the bank vault, The Machine talking for the first time via Root, and reaching out to Claypool at the end... wow. Amazing television.

Quite interested hearing about this five-year (or seven-year?) plan. I have to admit I was worried coming into the third season (and even thought it started a bit weak). The first two seasons felt pretty cohesive and complete to me (everything ties into Harold's decision to free The Machine), and now we're dealing with the fallout. This seasons has been pretty great, though, and the io9 article gives me some continued faith. Sounds like a great direction to go, and this "two machines" scenario is compelling (as others have already said, it feels like this show is starting to go Neuromancer with this plot, and the potential is exciting).

"oh my gosh I'm doing my best acting right now"

LOL. Caviezel's a great dude.

I'm just trying to figure out the way their storyline is laid out since it is planned.

For Season 3, the first half was HR and the corruption of New York, and Part 2 will be
The Rise of Decima and the private corporations
. Season 2 involved the Machine becoming fully sentient and unchained. Season 1 was the introduction into the world. Where do we go after? How sci-fi do we go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom