• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Machine is spreading it's wings.

This is a mass casualty event, but it's not using "Control?" Maybe it's angry, and it's trying to see if it can use one of the irrelevant agents.

Doorman

Whisky for all! \o/

I like how for a matter of national security, the machine apparently now feels more comfortable tapping Team Finch than, y'know, the actual government agencies that deal in national security.

Lonestar

I'll just assume Finch was playing Flight Simulator before they got the number.

I'll appreciate they added scenes that show a mad scramble to get out flight sticks from a cupboard.

Remember, Finch has flown before. The storm/serial killer episode in season 2, he flew into the little town.

But there is a major difference in "buttons and levers" on a jetliner. Plus, the delay because of distance (NYC to Rome) could lead to disastrous results.

Ugh, no promo for a next episode, tells me a break is happening again.

Sonicbug

Good funny episode after all the heavy stuff, and oh hey, the openings back.

Flight sticks nearly killed me.
Also, when Finch repeated "a fork?" all I could think of was Giantbomb's run through Bioforge. I'm way to overtired right now, ha!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, John is getting a new suit. EDIT: Which makes me realize, Finch has contacts everywhere.

Such an awesome episode.

Hersh: "Shaw? Your new employers, are they treating you right?"

Haha, I lost it there.

PsychBat!

Banned
Man, this episode.....

Just kept my sister and I guessing which passengers were the threats to Owen and at one point thought the stewardess was the ISA agent even when the guy in the suit tried to kill Owen with a plastic bag. Then out of our radar comes Carlos trying to crash the jumbo jet.

I love this show so much.

ZenaxPure

Aw fuck, finally just caught the episode. I loved it, absolutely loved it. After all the serious shit that has been going on it's great to see a more lighthearted episode. Which is really ironic because this is probably one of the more serious cases Reese has been put on. Also I'll be honest with you guys, I wish we got this Reese more often. I burst out laughing at his actions multiple times during the show, giving the kid alcohol probably being the best.

That said, I'm not sure I am entirely alright with how they decided to bring Reese back into the fold. Outside of Finch mentioning Grace (which is a similar but less dire situation to Carter) there wasn't much in the episode that really seemed like it would sway Reese's opinion on the whole thing. Maybe that alone did it, but, I don't know if I really like how it was handled.

Whatever though, episode was fantastic so I'm not too bothered.

Wiktor

That said, I'm not sure I am entirely alright with how they decided to bring Reese back into the fold. Outside of Finch mentioning Grace (which is a similar but less dire situation to Carter) there wasn't much in the episode that really seemed like it would sway Reese's opinion on the whole thing. Maybe that alone did it, but, I don't know if I really like how it was handled.

He wasn't swayed by Harold. He was swayed by over 130 people he saved. He said that the relevant numbers were them. He told stewardess it was his job. He pretty much told the same thing to Sphinx. He already decided to do it again back then, before he even met Finch in Rome.

ZenaxPure

He wasn't swayed by Harold. He was swayed by over 130 people he saved. He said that the relevant numbers were them. He told stewardess it was his job. He pretty much told the same thing to Sphinx. He already decided to do it again back then, before he even met Finch in Rome.

Sure, but, my point is I don't see how that actually changed his mind. It feels out of character with how he has been carrying himself up to this point (at the start of this little story). The first scene we see of depressed Reese is him walking into a bar where an innocent man is about to get beat up, Reese turns away and gets a drink instead as we hear the man getting the shit kicked out of him in the background.

The main difference here is obviously the scale of those involved is much larger, but, the principle is exactly the same. Personally I don't buy it as a trigger for him wanting to get back to work saving people.

PsychBat!

Banned
Sure, but, my point is I don't see how that actually changed his mind. It feels out of character with how he has been carrying himself up to this point (at the start of this little story). The first scene we see of depressed Reese is him walking into a bar where an innocent man is about to get beat up, Reese turns away and gets a drink instead as we hear the man getting the shit kicked out of him in the background.

The main difference here is obviously the scale of those involved is much larger, but, the principle is exactly the same. Personally I don't buy it as a trigger for him wanting to get back to work saving people.

I guess the thought of being depressed and doing nothing again wasn't something he wanted to revisit at all. So he needed a reminder of why he accepted Finch's job in the first place.

Aw yeah. The bros are back together. That warms my heart.

So all it took for Reese to come back to Team Machine was kicking the ass of a half dozen assassins, saving 130 people, and the sweet love of a good flight attendant. The Machine is a straight up pimp.

I think it's a factor of time. He might have been more raw at the bar, some time has passed and he's in a better state of mind on the plane.

Oh! And Hersh's "Your new employers. They treating you right?" slayed me. Was kinda hoping there was more damage to Hersh's face, but oh well. Wonder if this makes Hersh switch sides in the future.

Oh! And North by Northwest was playing. Great movie. Loved how funny this episode was. Last few have been so dark and wrapped in misery and an air of sadness, some levity and joy was needed.

tirminyl

Great episode! I love the last scene with Finch and Reese. I'm so glad the team is getting back together.

BTW - I am due for some Leon. I think he has another show if I am not mistaken but I would love for him to make an entrance this season.

Lonestar

POI won the timeslot again. Think it's won it the last 4 or 5 episodes (or whenever The Voice went off the air, killing CF's leading)

CBS Person Of Interest 2.0 6 12.35
NBC Chicago Fire 1.8 5 6.61
ABC Killer Women 0.7 2 3.46

Crazy that people only care about the 1st number, when POI has been close to doubling the viewers of the next high show, all season.

ZenaxPure

Not gonna lie, I've never even heard of Chicago Fire or Killer Women lol.

BTW - I am due for some Leon. I think he has another show if I am not mistaken but I would love for him to make an entrance this season.

I miss Leon too, it's always funny seeing what nonsense he's gotten himself into this time.

Lonestar

I had to think about the math at the time, when Reese said to Finch (after the landing) that the relevant number is 130 (as in lives saved). I remember the screen implying 137 lives in danger, when the plane started it's dive. So:

2 Mossad assassins
2 Cartel assassins
1 Government assassin
Reese
Owen (the POI)

That's 7 people, to bring that down to 130 people. Nice work, Reese's Math.

Looks like next episode to air February 4th.

I had to think about the math at the time, when Reese said to Finch (after the landing) that the relevant number is 130 (as in lives saved). I remember the screen implying 137 lives in danger, when the plane started it's dive. So:

2 Mossad assassins
2 Cartel assassins
1 Government assassin
Reese
Owen (the POI)

That's 7 people, to bring that down to 130 people. Nice work, Reese's Math.

Looks like next episode to air February 4th.

tumblr_mbcmdl61wk1rx8lgjo1_500.gif

POI won the timeslot again. Think it's won it the last 4 or 5 episodes (or whenever The Voice went off the air, killing CF's leading)

Crazy that people only care about the 1st number, when POI has been close to doubling the viewers of the next high show, all season.

People care more about the first because thats what people buying commercials care about. They don't care about old people so the demo numbers are what the shows performance are judged on
(something about old people not being easily swayed on advertisements and having less expendable income).

Sober

*sigh*.... These next few weeks are gonna feel empty.

At least I have Psych.

It still feels kinda empty.
Please don't remind me that this supposed to be the final season of Psych.

Also they pulled the same stunt last year, 3 week wait, one episode, 3 week wait again!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Old people don't count. I think NCIS is still one of the most watched shows on television, but it's ratings skew to like over 40.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't remind me that this supposed to be the final season of Psych.

Also they pulled the same stunt last year, 3 week wait, one episode, 3 week wait again!

At least this one time we had to episodes together.

I tell you, if we had been left wondering what would Reese do after he quit, I would be very annoyed.

Apoc29

LOL, if Reese had to knock another guy out he'd be stuffing him into the overhead compartment.

Was breaching the cockpit with the cart a reference to United 93? All it was missing was a "Let's roll".

I wonder what the Reese Suit Mk. II will look like...probably exactly the same as his old suit with an extra pocket or something.

LOL, if Reese had to knock another guy out he'd be stuffing him into the overhead compartment.

Was breaching the cockpit with the cart a reference to United 93? All it was missing was a "Let's roll".

I wonder what the Reese Suit Mk. II will look like...probably exactly the same as his old suit with an extra pocket or something.

It'll be navy blue with a light gray shirt. Impeccably tailored.

RangersFan

Still my favorite network drama. But the latest episode was just good. So spoiled by the quality of the show that I'm complaining when an episode is only good and not mind blowingly awesome, lol.

While the episode had many interesting thing aspects, like several assets trying to take out a target on a plane, I think the most interesting thing about the episode was that Reese finally got a relevant number and that the AI put Reese on it. I don't think they focused on that part enough. The guy he was saving was just annoying. Though my favorite part was at the end when the stewardess asks him "you wanna help me get a drink?" A very raunchy Chris Rock joke popped into my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom