• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when does this show get good, or at least serialized? I'm almost done with season 1 and it's just... meh, I can't take another episode of 'machine spits out number, they spend 40 minutes doing random crap and solve the problem in the last 5' and skimming the season 2 episode summaries it looks like it stays that way
season 2 & 3 are nearly completely serial story wise, though outside of a couple episodes they are always done in a procedural setup.

That feeling when you get excited cause it's a Tuesday and Tuesdays are PoI days and then you realize there's no new episode =(

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is the series is going to continue to have this weird schedule or is there a point where they air the rest of the episodes from the season without a break?

I'm used to series that don't go through these random breaks :/

Sober

Is the series is going to continue to have this weird schedule or is there a point where they air the rest of the episodes from the season without a break?

I'm used to series that don't go through these random breaks :/
Olympics are gonna Olympics.

Also, speculation but the all-flashback episode, are we gonna see some proto-Reese characters? Or what else could it be?

aasoncott

Is there a good episode/season to get into the show? I started watching from the start, but half-way through the first season I'm ready to bow out. It just feels like absolutely nothing is happening. I've heard it gets better--but is there a specific place where the show hits its stride? Should I jump to the second season?

Is there a good episode/season to get into the show? I started watching from the start, but half-way through the first season I'm ready to bow out. It just feels like absolutely nothing is happening. I've heard it gets better--but is there a specific place where the show hits its stride? Should I jump to the second season?

The buildup starts in season one, then season 2 and 3 becomes really serialized

I'm trying to remember where in season one it ramps up.

ZenaxPure

The buildup starts in season one, then season 2 and 3 becomes really serialized

I'm trying to remember where in season one it ramps up.

I'm not sure I'd say it ever ramps up, they jump around a lot and it is spotty since they are introducing so many different things. Stuff like Elias happens early in the season, Root is in the middle, as is some early CIA stuff, then there is random bits of Elias stuff at the end with more CIA setup. It's incredibly random in some ways, but, makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Anyhow, I say just power through, it's like I said in my previous post here season 1 really is just a bunch of set up. It's season 2/3 where you see those things pay off, but, they won't have any meaning unless you watched season 1.

PsychBat!

Banned

Oh my, you watched S1EP3 didn't you?
jk

Season 1 provides the background for the characters and sets up future threats and villains for later episodes/seasons. Things are certainly happening, you'll just have to keep watching for things to get apparent. (Although things were already apparent to me in that in several episodes it seemed like that there was an underlying purpose or threat behind the usual number of the week). If you don't like it, then I recommend dropping it.

I'm not sure I'd say it ever ramps up, they jump around a lot and it is spotty since they are introducing so many different things. Stuff like Elias happens early in the season, Root is in the middle, as is some early CIA stuff, then there is random bits of Elias stuff at the end with more CIA setup. It's incredibly random in some ways, but, makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Anyhow, I say just power through, it's like I said in my previous post here season 1 really is just a bunch of set up. It's season 2/3 where you see those things pay off, but, they won't have any meaning unless you watched season 1.

Yeah, you know, I agree with this. Power through it if you can. Lots of stuff set up in Season 1 pays off big time in Seasons 2 and 3. It's all connected.

ZenaxPure

Okay, good to know. I'll stay the course.

Season 2 and 3 are so different from season 1, it really is weird they did this to start with. Like seriously, let me put it this way, there is literally only one plot relevant thing (that I won't spoil) going forward that doesn't have its roots in the first season in some fashion. All of the story lines they pursue use characters from season 1, some of which probably don't even stand out to you the first time you see them.

Seriously, for people that are actually caught up
remember Peter Yogorov? He seems like such a random bad guy when we first see him trying to shoot up Elias in season 1. When he makes his reappearance in the middle of season 2 I didn't even realize he was actually in season 1 at the time. It took me re-watching the show from scratch to be like "wait a second, that dude has fucking been here from the start"

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Season 1 has some really good episodes, I don't know where you are currently but I could think of at least 5 episodes in that season that to me were great in showing the potential the show had. A potential that gets fully realized in the following seasons with better arcs and multiple plotlines, some of them established on season 1.

plus I think it's still worth a watch because of the flashbacks spread among the episodes.

Sober

Show hits its stride by the first half. Stick with it if you can, but I won't be sad if you drop it.

The show is still mostly procedural, but uses the structure and premise much better than just lather-rinse-repeat. The stories they tell definitely ramp up and draw more mythology/serial elements into them later on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hoping that this is the last of the big breaks, but I still worry about March Madness...

9 episodes left to air, before the end of May (or, odds are, the season finale will be early May, like last season)

Linius

Finally saw the last episode and I thought it was a fun watch though way over the top even for PoI standards. Stuff like Reese in the end saving the kid right at the moment that dude was checking his phone and Jiao mentioning the painting as soon as Finch found her frequency on his stake out. Let's say they had some great timing :p

I did really the heist planning and execution with the music so prominent on the foreground.

Sober

Sweet, sweet episode after weeks off because of the Olympics.

Last Call

Finch goes undercover in an emergency call center to protect a 911 operator, but it soon becomes clear that the threat reaches further than the team could have anticipated.

dat preview

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Chose that gif for symbolism. Could paint on the Olympic Rings on the door, and have them slide away when it opens.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, his AMA is great:

Good afternoon Mr. Emerson. How enjoyable was it for you to work with your wonderful wife Carrie Preston on Person of Interest? What were the pros and cons of working with your significant other?
Thank you in advance. :)

well, the Pros of working with your spouse are that it's fun, and sweet, and strange to see your actress wife on your set. Maybe in the trailer next to you, it's cute and unreal. The acting part is tricky, I have to say. It's easy and we're comfortable with one another, but people say "it must be so easy to play a romantic scene with your wife." It is easy in some ways, but in acting, you have a two-tiered problem. First I have to erase her "Wife-ness" before I can replace it with her character. So you have to tune out all that easiness and familiarity, and you have to make her the stranger that she would be in the world of the narrative.
Carrie says I'm a little spooky at work.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Knowing this show, I wonder if this guy will be a "criminal of the week" or part of a bigger arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom