• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
New villain.

All it took was one episode.

TgOwQAL.gif

Doorman

Okay so...Root 2.

Nice to have a villain again but I'm not too crazy about them essentially recycling what they've tread already.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Okay so...Root 2.

Nice to have a villain again but I'm not too crazy about them essentially recycling what they've tread already.

Well, root didn't have a hire army of thugs and wasn't as public with her Shennanigans.

Oh snap, preview

Jarrod38

First Jack Bauer had the military bag and Reese with his suits. I need to get into this line of field so I can dress all fancy.

trinest

911 lady should be part of team machine, and the way he took her to see the kid at the end sort of was like "we get rewarded, want to come for us" in a way?

Also another crazy idea. This guy is the Root of Samaritan?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So glad you're back! New villain! How many are we up to now?

if you mean episodes that was episode 15.

If you mean villains, then:

- Control
- Root
- Peter Collier (Vigilance)
- ex-MI6 guy?
- this new dude
- Decima

Okay so...Root 2.

Other than his technological skills they seem nothing alike from the little that we've heard and seen. This guy runs a gang/cartel. It seems like a sort of combination of Root and HR Corruption. Its a way to incorporate both Fusco and the other crew.

tirminyl

if you mean episodes that was episode 15.

If you mean villains, then:

- Control
- Root
- Peter Collier (Vigilance)
- ex-MI6 guy?
- this new dude
- Decima

Nope, villains. Really wish they kept that mimic guy around lurking off in the background somewhere.

Interesting to see a new guy when they have all these other people working against then in the background.

Spl1nter

So right now the main factions are:

Finch and Co
Machine and Root
Decima and Samaritan
Vigilance
Control
and the New Player

I wouldn't consider the ex-MI6 since they were a single episode. Elias mostly likely ended with Carter or is a minor player now like Zoe or Leon.

I wonder if the new player will be another faction or a ~3ep arc leading into the season finale.

Sober

ex-MI6 and Two-Phones are probably just mercenaries/killers for hire, just like Root was once. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up again once in a while but I feel like they are mostly one-offs and don't really get any arcs.

Elias is still a faction but I think he knows better than to get on team Machine's bad side, plus he doesn't exactly go around shooting up houses to get his point across to anyone that doesn't want to follow him. If anything, I think the local organized crime chapter is more or less closed after Endgame and maybe Elias will only come back occasionally for an episode or two, but all that HR vs. Elias animosity is gone, Elias has won.

dave_m123

Just sat the final episode which ends with Kara and Mark Snow having a blast in the car together lol. Amazing run of episodes there, Loving the show :)

First episode of the series that was truly disappointing for me.
I just kept expecting a twist or reveal and it never happened.
Kinda hoped for MI6 guy to be behind it.

Probably the most dull villain set up as well, though we have to see where that goes.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I don't think that guy is very comparable to Root. He was all about making threats and hiring thugs and all that shit. Root was more stealthy and elegant (remember, she paid a guy with his own money so she couldn't be tracked). If Root would have been in this situation, she would have just layered that shit deeper: Probably would have blackmailed a guy who would then hire a guy who then hires the thugs. She is awesome like that.

Anyway, I thought the episode was fine, I assume that guy will show up again at the most inopportune time in a random episode, I don't see him having a larger role. But hey, I have no idea really.

Edit: I watched the preview
are we sure this is the ALL flashback episode? The scene at the end has Reese encountering the man which leads me to think it's going to split with flashbacks setting him up and them chasing him in present day

What a fantastic episode, again. I missed you, POI.

First off, LOL @ at Fusco: Supercop. Everyone asking him for advice. And the cases connecting, awesome!

Also, Reese and Shaw make a good time. Up the snark, sil vous plait. Also, shooting at nothing, still hitting a kidnapper. Nice, Shaw.

The POI of the week was pretty solid. Actor did well

Second of all, I thought the villain was gonna turn out to be the MI6 guy! He played a similar game thing last time, so I figured he was at it at again. Until the last minute, I thought the reveal was gonna be him as the villain.

Like, it'd turn out that the guy on the phone, was another patsy! These guys play similarly, but now we have one as the shadow for Reese and the other as the shadow for Finch. Wonder what they have in store for... The Ghost? He kinda reminded me of The Riddler a bit.

I too wish the Identity Killer survived a little longer. He was supremely creepy, and maybe POI coulda done well with such a twisted and creepy villain. But oh well, we got a great stable of villains at the moment. I kinda hope this dude becomes more and more unhinged in future appearances.

I like that they shone a spotlight on 911 operators this episode. Unsung heroes you don't see much of, that do what Finch does, just differently.

Wiktor

Love when villains survive. Hope he will be back, same with Mi6 guys. Altough I'm sure they all will, same with some other dropped threads. Didn't Nolan said he has 7 years roadmap, gotta build those foundations regularly :)

Lonestar

Synopsis of the next episode, titled "RAM"

HOW DID FINCH OPERATE BEFORE THE MAN IN THE SUIT? "PERSON OF INTEREST," TUESDAY, MARCH 4

"RAM" - The secrets of Finch's operation before he enlisted Reese are revealed, including shocking ties to present-day events

There's a guest cast, and a reoccurring cast, and the reoccurring cast is a nuclear minefield, too dangerous to put in spoiler tags.

Thoughts:
I'm 100% sure it's an all flashback episode, and it's given me some hope that it might circle back on a long forgotten plot point in season 1.

HOW DID FINCH OPERATE BEFORE THE MAN IN THE SUIT? "PERSON OF INTEREST," TUESDAY, MARCH 4

"RAM" - The secrets of Finch's operation before he enlisted Reese are revealed, including shocking ties to present-day events

There's a guest cast, and a reoccurring cast, and the reoccurring cast is a nuclear minefield, too dangerous to put in spoiler tags.

Thoughts:
I'm 100% sure it's an all flashback episode, and it's given me some hope that it might circle back on a long forgotten plot point in season 1.

Oh snap. Sounds cool.

Sober

Thoughts:
Don't wuss out, it is
definitely the all-flashback episode that was talked about before.

This is that cast list, copy and paste it if you dare: https://24.media.tumblr.com/d9d138604d7450a9af68bbd0959f42e3/tumblr_n1bhe9BElr1rstprxo2_500.png

Wiktor

All flashback?
Nice. Will be great to see episode with dead inside Reese again. Dude is terryfing in that mode.

Lonestar

Don't wuss out, it is
definitely the all-flashback episode that was talked about before.

This is that cast list, copy and paste it if you dare: https://24.media.tumblr.com/d9d138604d7450a9af68bbd0959f42e3/tumblr_n1bhe9BElr1rstprxo2_500.png

But you understand why "dat cast" is some hype-hype stuff. Nevermind the 2 new actor/characters being known actors (three o'clock high and Jurassic Park fans should know the 2 actors)

Also on my thoughts earlier:
My hope is that this might circle back around to the person Reese and Kara were interrogating in NYC, when he ran into Jessica's Husband Peter(before knowing he was her husband) at a bar. Before that mission to China. Remember the old theories that maybe Finch's limp was from torture post-machine creation, and the potential that it was Reese or Kara that did it? Maybe in fact, it was a proto-reese they had.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All flashback?
Nice. Will be great to see episode with
dead inside Reese again. Dude is terryfing in that mode.

I don't really mind this spoiler. This actually got me hyped up hahaha.

Lonestar

A Recap of Michael Emerson's tweets during Tuesday's episode.

Kiralee Knotts ♍ @KiraleeKnotts
@personinterest Finch is obviously a tea drinker. Which do you actually prefer: tea, coffee, something else? #PersonOfInterest

Emerson replied:
Person Of Interest ✔ @PersonInterest

Bourbon first, then tea @KiraleeKnotts

:lol

911 butt dials fact is true. We're not just here to entertain -- we're here to educate. #PersonOfInterest
:O

faridmon

Holy shit, the last episode was a blast. The tension was through the roof and loved all the dialogue and the smarky remarks.

Absolutely loved it.

Lonestar

while I'm happy for her, Tarahji (Carter) was cast as Lead in a new Fox show called Empire (Directed by Lee Daniels). Seems odd, when the reason for leaving POI was "to get back to movies" and her first big thing after POI is another show.

Apoc29

The guy on the phone was so clever, it's almost as if it were....A MACHINE.

Good episode...looking forward to the show getting back to its Roots (hurr hurr) and what the big war/revelation being prophesied is.

while I'm happy for her, Tarahji (Carter) was cast as Lead in a new Fox show called Empire (Directed by Lee Daniels). Seems odd, when the reason for leaving POI was "to get back to movies" and her first big thing after POI is another show.

That... is indeed strange.

Who says she wanted to get back to movies?

Wiktor

I think any women over 40-ty who thinks she can have a a career ressurgence in movies is kidding herself. Even really big starts, like Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez, are now going to TV.

There seems to be plenty of opportunities for older women in movies, but this means in their 50s or 60s. 40s is pretty much a deadzone these days.

Lonestar

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/taraji-p-henson-nabs-female-683622

"Hip-Hop Drama" is in the headline.

2 Leads are her and Terrence "Iron Man 1" Howard.

In the family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire, Henson will play Cookie Lyon, the ex-wife of Lucious Lyon (Terrence Howard), the head of a record label at the center of the drama. The character is described as a total badass who has just been released from prison after serving 17 years for dealing drugs -- money she funneled into Lucious' then-fledgling music empire. Released for good behavior, she now wants what's hers. She's the real force behind his rise to superstardom and champions her son Jamal's (Smollett) career, but that puts her at odds with her ex, who has an issue with their son's homosexuality.

She has an interesting premise. That role is usually played by a man, coming out of prison, with sights set on "getting what's mine"

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fuck, episode already delivering.

could be the guy Kara, Reese and Snow had in the bathroom of an apartment on S1 we never saw his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom