• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finch about to shit bricks lolol

Pacific Northwest ties into where the machine was, in that nuclear plant.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dillinger either dead, or he moved onto other employers. If so, I'd assume Decima or vigilance. He heard a lot of info.

Doorman

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Dillinger will end up working for/with the mystery villain that they just encountered in the 911-center fiasco. Anti-Finch with an Anti-Reese.

Nobility

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Dillinger will end up working for/with the mystery villain that they just encountered in the 911-center fiasco. Anti-Finch with an Anti-Reese.
This makes sense to me, I get the feeling either way that Dillinger is not dead.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fuck, Dillinger is a real bastard.
If he's still alive, that will make things really interesting.

Nobility

Banned
I was wrong...

So, we're all in agreement that this is a top 3 episode of all time, right?

The writers are putting everything in their place.

Are we sure Nolan didn't write this episode himself?

Two week break. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A possible new ally for Team Machine?

Ugh, sucks there's another break. Is CBS trying to kill the show?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, Finch has seen some shit.

That was a great episode. The writers actually know what they're doing hahaha. By the way, was the
Morocco
thing was a reference to another episode?

Love how it ended in
such an unexpected way
. (Using spoilers just in case).

EDIT: Also, all roads lead to Colombia (my home country) hehe.

EDIT 2: Another break? Dammit, stop making me wait for my PoI fix!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shit, Finch has seen some shit.

That was a great episode. The writers actually know what they're doing hahaha. By the way, was the
Morocco
thing was a reference to another episode?

Love how it ended in
such an unexpected way
. (Using spoilers just in case).

EDIT: Also, all roads lead to Colombia (my home country) hehe.

iirc there was a scene in season 1 where they were in an african/middle east looking country when they got the orders to kill off each other from Snow. The Morocco reference could be that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
iirc there was a scene in season 1 where they were in an african/middle east looking country when they got the orders to kill off each other from Snow. The Morocco reference could be that.

Oh no, that was in Ordos, China, which was referenced at the end of the episode and was where the laptop ended up.

Error

Oh no, that was in Ordos, China, which was referenced at the end of the episode and was where the laptop ended up.

No, before Ordos they got orders from Snow seperately to kill off each other (without Kara and Reese knowing they were getting the same order). The woman Root killed in the seaon 1 finale was in that scene too.

Sober

Dillinger is likely the only other proto-Reese. Here's a post I made on SA about it when someone asked:

It might have just been Ingram (solo) - Dillinger - then he goes on the hunt to find Reese after the events of RAM. There isn't much time between Dillinger dying and Reese going to Morocco to Ordos and back and to the pilot (which is about September 2011). He knows Reese is CIA probably because of Jessica's number that keeps coming up, and how he acted in defense of Casey (not needing to kill him outright just because) that was why he chose him.

Good to see it loop back. Finch in the pilot says Reese only ever wants to help people. He is not a cold-blooded killer at heart, like Kara.

Also the fact that Finch basically tells Reese outright about the Machine when pressed, afraid it might turn out to be another Dillinger situation. Although I think he alleviated most of that by making sure he didn't just pick from the cream of the crop mercenary pool (Dillinger was Blackwater or at least was in those same circles - the line about the knife) and picked someone who a better moral center.

ZenaxPure

To be honest there wasn't really anything there that we didn't know already through random conversations over the years, but, that doesn't diminish the episode. Actually seeing all of those things happen was awesome, I especially enjoy that they even pulled out dead characters for it. Great stuff.

Also this is the second tech savvy person this season Root has sent to some random corner of the world. I really want to know what the hell The Machine is planning.

PsychBat!

Banned
Great episode, 15 minutes in to the episode I was thinking this could be an episode for newbies but the whole thing with the laptop case being there just ruined that notion almost entirely.

Does anyone think that Dillinger had any reason to ditch Finch because he was kept in the dark? Or does anyone think that Dillinger was just too much of a loose cannon and inconsiderate jerk and it's his fault for having the laptop case taken away and Finch is absolutely blameless?

OR do you guys think that they both are at fault?

That. Was. Phenomenal.

I normally am not a fan of flashback/expository episodes, but this was masterful. I loved how they tied almost everyone together, John, Kara, Shaw, Finch, Root, Greer, Control, Pennsylvania 2. Man, it's like a reunion.

Dillinger was interesting. I assumed that he would turn out to be the man in the bathtub from Season 1, and that maybe he remained loyal to Finch till the end, but no! Turned out he was a greedy merc. Plus, he's kinda scummy from the outset, what with taking the POI to bed almost immediately. Some Proto-Reese. Actor did a great job with the role. He coulda made a cool recurring villain, but his arc here was good. Loved how they answered the unsolved China questions. And Greer's been after The Machine for longer than we thought. It's awesome to see why even back then, Finch saw that his core, Reese was a good person. Also good to see Kara again. She's better here than she ever was on the Following.

Loved Casey being all flabbergasted at Root invading his quiet Canadian life. What the hell is she up to? What does the Machine want with these people?

Great episode, 15 minutes in to the episode I was thinking this could be an episode for newbies but the whole thing with the laptop case being there just ruined that notion almost entirely.

Does anyone think that Dillinger had any reason to ditch Finch because he was kept in the dark? Or does anyone think that Dillinger was just too much of a loose cannon and inconsiderate jerk and it's his fault for having the laptop case taken away and Finch is absolutely blameless?

I think ultimately they are both a little at fault, but maybe more so Dillinger than Finch. Dillinger called himself a shark. Even if he knew the truth, who is to say his greed wouldn't have eventually overtaken him? Or perhaps Finch revealing the truth would have inspired Dillinger to stick around and remain loyal to Harold.

Sober

Look two posts up, I answered it. The dude is textbook merc with some charm. Finch probably skimmed the cream of the crop but the guy still goes where the money is. Even if he knew about the Machine sooner or later he'd tried to go behind Finch and sell him out.

faridmon

Another masterful episode. Loved how it tied everything together, especially was glad to see Shaw there at the end doing as business as usual.

I really hate how this show just takes break all the time!

Breaks + the voice are killing the show. Series low rating 1.7

tumblr_m2ldncpjkm1r6x0bw.gif

Sober

Wouldn't also be surprised if the S1 intro roll made a couple of people think it was a re-run, Reese wasn't anywhere in the first act until the end pretty much(those fangirls?), and I'm sure a lot of people just tune out entirely if it's a mythology episode as opposed to case of the week.

Leks

Shaw's appearence doesn't do a favor to the story, it was just fan service. Also the way all the stories suddenly lead to today is excessive. Why the writers seem to have to link everything instead of just do a self-contained flashback episode?

But it's a very good episode, I love Reese and Finch flashbacks and it was nice to find out the origin of the laptop.

And I hate breaks. Why do they exist?

Wouldn't also be surprised if the S1 intro roll made a couple of people think it was a re-run, Reese wasn't anywhere in the first act until the end pretty much(those fangirls?), and I'm sure a lot of people just tune out entirely if it's a mythology episode as opposed to case of the week.

You're breaking my heart here.

Sober

Shaw's appearence doesn't do a favor to the story, it was just fan service. Also the way all the stories suddenly lead to today is excessive. Why the writers seem to have to link everything instead of just do a self-contained flashback episode?
1. You learn the numbers have been coming but the program and operatives had not been finalized yet (the ISA), so there's the mythology drip feed alongside the laptop origin and plenty of other things we learn.

2. Cheaper to not have to hire another actor for maybe 2 minutes of screentime if it's not an important plot point to show someone else instead.

3. Because if you try to do a self contained flashback episode packed with mythology and don't connect it back to the show's present, what was the whole point of the exercise in the first place? In that case they would've just broken the parts they wanted to get across and do a traditional LOST style format.

Great episode. Loved it all coming together and I can't wait to see what Root/The Machine is planning. This show just keeps getting better and better. I can't think of another show on TV like this.

I was also trying to figure out where I recognized Casey from the entire episode, and afterwards looked at IMDB: he was the preacher in Justified and the kid from Jurassic Park! I knew I recognized him.

Error

Episode is probably top 3 in the series. Btw just realized that Casey is the Jurassic Park kid. Holy shit mind blown.

edit: haha Incendiary beat me to it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also this is the second tech savvy person this season Root has sent to some random corner of the world. I really want to know what the hell The Machine is planning.

Colombia is not some random corner of the world. One of the best places in the world. You're just jealous you weren't the tech savvy guy.

Apoc29

Flashback episode was the perfect excuse to bring back Carter...guess it's too soon, though.

I've forgotten what Root's status was, whether she's teamed up with Finch or just doing her own thing now. Either way I expect they'll need each other for whatever's coming.

Wonderful episode! However, I found Control's acting pretty awful and all I saw was a middle-aged woman pretending to be a character. Apart from that, one of my favourite POIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom