• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Welcome to this Brave New World, Grace.

Can't wait for her reaction when she realizes that Finch is alive.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's only 35 minutes after.. How can the show be this good, move this fast, yet still have half the episode to go!

Tamanon

Banned
This is setting the stage for a pretty epic Harold appearance since he's been off the grid the whole episode. I half expected them to accidentally find Harold on the ship instead of Decima.

"Old man" Good on you Grace. Oh shit, said the wrong thing there!

"Harold would've done anything to save me" Bad idea.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, the Bear twitter account has just been bitching about Shaw's lack of food in her apartment this whole episode, in Dutch(?), lol.

https://twitter.com/BearDeHond

Bear the Dog ‏@BearDeHond 2m
Gevonden: drie energierepen uit een kussensloop, doos cornflakes van onder de wastafel, zeven bananen bovenop de koelkast. #personofinterest

Found: Three energy bars from a pillowcase, cereal box from under the sink, seven bananas on top of the refrigerator. # PersonOfInterest

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This season has been so intense.
What are the final two episodes going to do?

Oh man.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, I thought something was going to happen during the exchange. I couldn't breathe.

Lonestar

Crazy how far Root has come. While a charismatic villain, she was a pretty bad one.

Holy shit whaaaaaaaa

Watch Dogs crossover!

Doorman

Crazy how far Root has come. While a charismatic villain, she was a pretty bad one.

I still felt she was at her best back in her original days as a freelancing evil super-hacker, and they kinda killed that when she went into her whole crazy machine-religion kick. She feels a bit more tolerable now than she used to be, but still comes off as needlessly-overpowered at times.

Next week's ep is gonna be intense. And it feels like a damn long time since we've had two weeks in a row of new episodes, too!

Lonestar

Talking about Bear's tweets, here's where the hunt for food started:

Guys, I let my hot pocket stash at the Library. All the beautiful hammer lady has in her refrigerator is cold grenades.

Basically, the story goes, he's stuck in Shaw's safehouse. He eventually took a selfie with a burner phone he found, him and his steak:

BmcBWxJCYAEy_wh.jpg

what did you expect, he's a dog.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, that slight smile from Reese after Finch says "Kill 'em all" in the promo wasn't there. He was completely somber.

Promos lie!

ZenaxPure

but still comes off as needlessly-overpowered at times.

To be fair... she is overpowered lol. I mean given the resource she has available to her it's no surprise.

Anyway, I'm so happy. I had my fingers crossed over the past couple of weeks that they would run the episode from samaritan's POV instead of the machine, so awesome to see it actually happen. Reminds me of Portal for whatever reason haha. I hope samaritan makes it out alive just so we could see it used more.

Edit: The smile was in an earlier part of the episode. When it happened I felt betrayed by the promo

Lonestar

Also, that slight smile from Reese after Finch says "Kill 'em all" in the promo wasn't there. He was completely somber.

Promos lie!

yeah, Promo's often do lie, but his smirk was earlier in the episode, when the 3 of them were in the diner:
iNh0twEyyzFOU.gif

Lonestar

To be fair... she is overpowered lol. I mean given the resource she has available to her it's no surprise.

Anyway, I'm so happy. I had my fingers crossed over the past couple of weeks that they would run the episode from samaritan's POV instead of the machine, so awesome to see it actually happen. Reminds me of Portal for whatever reason haha. I hope samaritan makes it out alive just so we could see it used more.

Edit: The smile was in an earlier part of the episode. When it happened I felt betrayed by the promo
At the end of last season, when it appeared the Machine was still talking to her, you knew she'd be an overpowered role. That's why she was used sparingly this season. Enough to wet our beaks, but not quite too much to make us sick.

I have 2 thoughts about what's going to happen, at least how I'd think it'd go:
1. Root won't be Overpowered past this season. Either she dies in the process to save the Machine/The Crew/to Destroy Samaritan, or she is retired/fired/no longer needed to be an analog interface.
2. Samaritan will either be destroyed, or the leadership of Decima is destroyed, but leaving a rogue AI out there with no support (at least not any yet).

Unless they go all big cliffhanger on us, and leave Samaritan/Decima out there, or even in the position of having "won." But it'd be too powerful of an enemy to fight against, if they were still out there with a fully operational and armed space station system, it'd be a short season 4, as they'ld be dead pretty soon.

Not sure what to think of Root stealing a small chunk of the servers. Thought she'd just destroy them, but perhaps they plan to do something to it, and put it back on the ship. Some kind of future trojan horse program. Maybe will finally get to use the Colombia Crew.

ZenaxPure

At the end of last season, when it appeared the Machine was still talking to her, you knew she'd be an overpowered role. That's why she was used sparingly this season. Enough to wet our beaks, but not quite too much to make us sick.

I always just figured they didn't use her much early in the season because it would have ruined the HR storyline. The machine already had all the answers the characters were searching for and with Root on full power things would have turned out very differently.

Actually makes me wonder if Finch regrets not letting her free earlier, but, we'll never really know.

Maybe will finally get to use the Colombia Crew.

lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
"Kill them all"

Harold is a broken man, I hope he has a better plan than just a hostage exchange.

Heck, Reese got his girlfriend killed, and he didn't even kill the murdered (probably), just put him in a Mexican jail where he wouldn't get out for a long time.

Not sure what to think of Root stealing a small chunk of the servers. Thought she'd just destroy them, but perhaps they plan to do something to it, and put it back on the ship. Some kind of future trojan horse program. Maybe will finally get to use the Colombia Crew.

bbfinale11.gif

But seriously, I think the Machine is gonna get augmented with Samaritan's chips. Plus Samaritan is now 7 servers weaker!

Lonestar

only because I wasn't sure you'd label me as racist or something :p

Don't worry, I know the correct way to spell Columbia.

Reese def killed Jessica's (his GF) husband. No body, but I remember them talking about there being alot of blood at the scene.

Sober

Heck, Reese got his girlfriend killed, and he didn't even kill the murdered (probably), just put him in a Mexican jail where he wouldn't get out for a long time.
No, that was the Marshall that got shoved in a Mexican jail and enough coke to do time. He definitely killed Peter Arndt. Made a helluva mess too.

Zetta

No, that was the Marshall that got shoved in a Mexican jail and enough coke to do time. He definitely killed Peter Arndt. Made a helluva mess too.

I thought it was implied that he took a couple of prisoners to that Jail, one of them being his ex's husband.

Sober

I thought it was implied that he took a couple of prisoners to that Jail, one of them being his ex's husband.
You could interpret that as maybe some of the people he stopped (like the guy at the end of 1x04 especially) he didn't actually kill (the show rarely has Reese outright killing anyone).

But Jessica was extremely personal and as Lonestar pointed out, the detective that Carter spoke with while in New Rochelle definitely told her there was definitely a struggle and a lot of blood and stuff. No way Reese would let him live.

Lonestar

the Husband happened months before Reese was picked up on the subway, and made his way to Finch. He was in similar "dire straits" as he was after Carter's death, and would have no moral code against killing him, as he had none against Quinn (only having his gun gunked up by his own blood, saved Quinn, not morality)

General thought is, the 1st person to get Mexico'd, was the serial rapist (the "help me make a good decision" episode). At that point, I believe John had come across those drug cartel dealers and had stolen a bunch of their coke, which he used bits of to frame them for drugs back in Mexico.

Sober

General thought is, the 1st person to get Mexico'd, was the serial rapist (the "help me make a good decision" episode). At that point, I believe John had come across those drug cartel dealers and had stolen a bunch of their coke, which he used bits of to frame them for drugs back in Mexico.
I refuse to believe this because it would break the pattern of every 4th episode in each season where Reese just decides to fuck it and murder some fools.

That rapist got dissolved. The gun for hire probably got suffocated with his own money. And this season he let that couple kill each other on that boat.

Can't wait for that sweet episode 4 next season.

Lonestar

The title of the next episode is:

A House Divided

Premise:
When an unknown entity prevents the Machine from seeing the full picture of an impending catastrophic event, it sends the team five separate numbers to help them piece together the bigger picture. Meanwhile, Root’s team of hackers arrives in New York.

Sober, oh, yeah, Reese has capped fools (or let them fail into death on their own). He straight up Radiated that guy in the country club who radiation poisoned the POI, last season.

280px-POI_0220_Nelson3.png

ZenaxPure

the Husband happened months before Reese was picked up on the subway, and made his way to Finch. He was in similar "dire straits" as he was after Carter's death, and would have no moral code against killing him, as he had none against Quinn (only having his gun gunked up by his own blood, saved Quinn, not morality)

I'd say it was even worse than emo Reese this season. I mean he had just spent the last few years killing people for very little reason and then was burned by his employers/partner and the one thing he had to look forward to back home was taken away from him (and Reese's last communication with her was a phone call that made it sound like she was in a lot of trouble).

Basically, husband got fucking smoked, no question about it.

DarkFlow

Banned
I figured they were for the machine to beef it up into crazy power levels.

StuBurns

Banned
I thought they were going to reveal she sank the ship or maybe pushed the other servers into the river.

I liked the episode, it surprised me quite a few times, not revealing Finch being alive, shit not kicking off during the exchange, etc.

DemCocoaPuffsTho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Season 1 spoilers just in case

Oh shit, Veronica Mars daddy is Elias, I didn't see that coming :O

Chariot

Oh!
Great, maybe another insane Machine Priest.

edit:
Oh god, I never knew that this existed, even when the show referenced it: Domain Awareness
The Domain Awareness System was a surveillance developed as part of Lower Manhattan Security Initiative in a partnership between the New York Police Department and Microsoft to monitor New York City. This allows them to track surveillance targets and gain detailed information about them. The system is connected to 3,000 or more video cameras around New York City.

Technology built specifically for the NYPD includes radiological and nuclear detectors on boats, radiation detectors on helicopters and trucks, and detectors on cops' gun belts so sensitive that people who've had medical procedures may trigger them. And Lower Manhattan now includes thousands of surveillance cameras that can identify shapes and sizes of unidentified "suspicious" packages and can track people descriptions, like, "someone wearing a red shirt," within seconds.
Identify whether a radiation alarm was set off by actual radiation, a weapon, or a harmless medical isotope

Track where a suspect’s car is located, and where it has been in the past few days, weeks or months

Instantly see a suspect’s arrest record, and 911 calls related to the crime
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...illance-system-built-microsoft_n_1759976.html
Man with this show I never know whats fiction and whats real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom