• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Season 1 spoilers just in case

Oh shit, Veronica Mars daddy is Elias, I didn't see that coming :O

Yep! That was the first episode where I thought the show had the potential to be something special. Still one of my overall favorite episodes.

I was kinda hoping we would see Grace's new name, and it would be a bird last name.

I was pretty bummed out when it wasn't a bird tbh.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Another A from AVclub, I remember them giving weekly C+ and B- when they started covering it (I don't think they covered S1 iirc). Now every week is a gushing review from them. Can't blame them as this season has been phenomenal.

My thoughts on the finale is that something has got to give, either Samaritan breaks free from Decima's control and becomes a fully sentient AI or the Machine stops playing nice since Finch is being threatened and takes matters into its 'digital' hands
(the blackout)
. So excited.

I'm definitely not watching the promo for the finale. Couldn't help myself yesterday but next week I'll try to restrain myself.

Jarrod38

Another A from AVclub, I remember them giving weekly C+ and B- when they started covering it (I don't think they covered S1 iirc). Now every week is a gushing review from them. Can't blame them as this season has been phenomenal.

My thoughts on the finale is that something has got to give, either Samaritan breaks free from Decima's control and becomes a fully sentient AI or the Machine stops playing nice since Finch is being threatened and takes matters into its 'digital' hands
(the blackout)
. So excited.

I'm definitely not watching the promo for the finale. Couldn't help myself yesterday but next week I'll try to restrain myself.

It's great more sites are reviewing the show. It look basically IGN up to season two to review it.

That was a much quieter episode than I expected. With the way the show had been going I thought Grace was going to discover Finch was alive at the very least, or that she'd end up being killed by Decima. I'm so glad that wasn't the case. I breathed the biggest fucking sigh of relief when Reese grabbed Grace and brought her back over the bridge. Greer showed Finch some damn respect, keeping his secret. That was interesting.

It still brought the feels, though. The episode was a nice, somber reminder of what Team Machine has sacrificed. The flashback to Finch's memorial, and especially Finch reappearing, sitting alone on Grace's doorstep, had me choking up a bit. Finch saying "kill them all" and the shock on Reese's face, oh wow... but of course Finch gave himself up for her. Of course.

This was just a beta test, a teaser. The whole episode felt like the first act in a much larger play. Are they really going to wrap up the Samaritan storyline in two more episodes? It's starting to feel like that won't be the case.

The title of the next episode is:

A House Divided

Premise:
When an unknown entity prevents the Machine from seeing the full picture of an impending catastrophic event, it sends the team five separate numbers to help them piece together the bigger picture. Meanwhile, Root’s team of hackers arrives in New York.

Sober, oh, yeah, Reese has capped fools (or let them fail into death on their own). He straight up Radiated that guy in the country club who radiation poisoned the POI, last season.

280px-POI_0220_Nelson3.png
im going to guess the third party is Vigilance. Although who knows I suppose.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
only because I wasn't sure you'd label me as racist or something :p

Don't worry, I know the correct way to spell Columbia.

Nah, when I wrote that thread, it wasn't because of you haha.

Reese def killed Jessica's (his GF) husband. No body, but I remember them talking about there being alot of blood at the scene.

Actually, it was implied that he didn't kill him.

1. There was no body in the scene.
2. The blood was all Reese's who had been shot in Ordos (yes he still had that injury open according to the first flashback of that episode)
3. Carter asks if the Mexican jail has any other American prisoners, and they say "a couple", hinting that Sarah's ex husband is there, and heck even Reese might have taken other people there. After she hangs up, she has a "well, he didn't seem to kill his ex's husband!" face.

Well that's my interpretation of the episode.

God. That was a good fucking episode. Grace is great... I hope she and Harold meet up again one day.

I refuse to believe this because it would break the pattern of every 4th episode in each season where Reese just decides to fuck it and murder some fools.

That rapist got dissolved. The gun for hire probably got suffocated with his own money. And this season he let that couple kill each other on that boat.

Can't wait for that sweet episode 4 next season.

Oh shit, a pattern emerges.

Wow, Decima is a bad company to work for. I think the Joker in Dark Knight killed less of his own men than Greer.

Employee retention does not exist at Decima Industries.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There's something else about Decima, they must really think they're doing something for the world or something to give up their lives this easily.

There's something else about Decima, they must really think they're doing something for the world or something to give up their lives this easily.

Maybe Greer just threatens their families.

Or they're like Root! Fanatics.

Or maybe getting killed gets you a golden parachute in the afterlife.

John Nolan is scary.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think Vigilance members do the same thing, maybe Vigilance and Decima is the same thing.

Apoc29

Emerson's wife did a great job.

Kind of sad how Finch's life turned out...his only friends are a couple of violent psychopaths and a dog who has somehow disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope he uses his billions of dollars do something fun once in a while.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think Vigilance members do the same thing, maybe Vigilance and Decima is the same thing.

Is a thought I've had going for awhile, but really pushed to the front when the whole "exposing Northern Lights" thing happened, and Decima just happened to have this ready-to-go machine right afterwards.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Is a thought I've had going for awhile, but really pushed to the front when the whole "exposing Northern Lights" thing happened, and Decima just happened to have this ready-to-go machine right afterwards.

Pretty much what I've been thinking.

There's no way a group like Vigilance would get the money and most importantly information from people wanting privacy.

I mean how the heck do you get information about a CIA transportation if not by Decima?

trinest

And considering
the final blurb says the concolusion to them will be sudden. Possibly them getting killed like old bud this episode? Or defecting to Team Machine?

Emerson's wife did a great job.

Kind of sad how Finch's life turned out...his only friends are a couple of violent psychopaths and a dog who has somehow disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope he uses his billions of dollars do something fun once in a while.

Yeah, but his friends are loyal to the freaking end.

His friends are...

an ex-CIA hardcase who will fight for him to the very end
a slowly humanizing ISA agent that likes him
an awesome dog
an insane religious hacker that idolizes him
a regular ol' cop that keeps everybody grounded
Leon!

That's a pretty good group.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Leon coming back has the same chances of Zoe coming back, with their new shows and all.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, John Nolan looks very familiar to a teacher of mine. Even a bit in the personality. He's a pretty cool teacher.

Chariot

Leon coming back has the same chances of Zoe coming back, with their new shows and all.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, John Nolan looks very familiar to a teacher of mine. Even a bit in the personality. He's a pretty cool teacher.
Did he shoot pupils after they run errands for him?

"Here are the copies, Sir."
"Thank you. I very much appreciate it." *shoots him*

edit: I've been thinking about the Vigilance/Decima thing. What if its the other way around? Decima is working for Vigilance. Thinks like Greer saying in the preview, that he doesen't want to control the machine. Maybe this is a person of Vigilance wanting to make a point by building a sick system that they can completely expose afterwards to disgrace the government that allowed that and bringing chaos, a revolution over the United States.

"Look sheeple, after we exposed the first one, they made another one thats even worse. Here are all the data relating and all governent people responsible for this. Its time for another civil war!"

There is the thing wie Decima employes (excluding bank manager) are fine with dying. There are not necessarily after the money. Maybe because they have a higher agenda. Well maybe, Greer threaten their families, but the guys are usually on good terms with Greer, so I think thats not it.

Tugatrix

That can't be good, I bet does that scary look on the students and you shit yourselves

That is terrifying.

Did he shoot pupils after they run errands for him?

"Here are the copies, Sir."
"Thank you. I very much appreciate it." *shoots him*

edit: I've been thinking about the Vigilance/Decima thing. What if its the other way around? Decima is working for Vigilance. Thinks like Greer saying in the preview, that he doesen't want to control the machine. Maybe this is a person of Vigilance wanting to make a point by building a sick system that they can completely expose afterwards to disgrace the government that allowed that and bringing chaos, a revolution over the United States.

"Look sheeple, after we exposed the first one, they made another one thats even worse. Here are all the data relating and all governent people responsible for this. Its time for another civil war!"

There is the thing wie Decima employes (excluding bank manager) are fine with dying. There are not necessarily after the money. Maybe because they have a higher agenda. Well maybe, Greer threaten their families, but the guys are usually on good terms with Greer, so I think thats not it.

Hail Decima.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What I meant with personality was that he is quite a gentleman. He even does awesome jokes.

And no I don't think he's killed anyone. But he is a doctor (I'm a med student), so...

Lonestar

ratings wise, it won the timeslot again. Not by alot on the "share" stuff, but it technically won, 1.9 over Chicago Fire's 1.8 (11 million to 7 million total viewers. Up something like 6% from the previous original episode, which isn't bad considering the 1 week break, which usually results in lower numbers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great to see it went up. RAM only had like 1,3M, right? Went up from that one considerably.

It's only going up for next-week's episode and the finale.

Lonestar

1.7 rating on RAM, 10.59 million people, which I think was declared as a series low (but the numbers shouldn't be taken as "its going down the crapper", because it's been lower ever since it went to a new day, and airing 2 hours later.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea why the 1,3 million figure was in my mind then. Great to see it's not that down. But I do hope that they move it again to a better timeslot.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
BLIND POSTING BUT OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD.

Just finished S1 and am about to start S2 even though I still have other shows to catch up on.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I still remember that Season 1 finale. Best finale ever.

Lonestar

Just remember this show when it comes time for end of the year "Best of.." voting. We couldn't get a top 5 placing last year, but with a donation of $1 your help, we can make a difference.

Nobility

Banned
I think we are all in agreement that we have enough GAF votes to place it in the top 3. Especially now that Breaking Bad is behind us.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember this show when it comes time for end of the year "Best of.." voting. We couldn't get a top 5 placing last year, but with a donation of $1 your help, we can make a difference.

Arrow is better than PoI? What the heck, GAF!

But this year, we will defeat!

Arrow is better than PoI? What the heck, GAF!

But this year, we will defeat!

I always find it so hard to do the voting for these threads since I love Person of Interest, Arrow, and Hannibal equally... and now True Detective will be tossed there.

But POI will be my number 1 again this year. Then Hannibal, Arrow, and TD.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
BLIND POSTING BUT OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD.

Just finished S1 and am about to start S2 even though I still have other shows to catch up on.

Get ready. Season 2 is going to blow you out of your knickers.

S1 turned great near the end, but S2 is a tremendous ride since the first episode.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting to be left wanting a time machine for when Season 4 begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom